Leveling a character with someone

MikeFL

Hey all,

I will be leveling a character with my cousin soon, he wants to play as an Assassin tank. On the Empire side, I have a level 45 Sorc ( my main) and a level 24 Powertech I started a while ago and stopped to finish my Sorc.

My question is, I'm not sure whether to wait for him to get to 24 then continue with my Powertech, or to roll an Agent or Sith Warrior to play as and level with him? What do you think is more fun, story and gameplay wise?

Thanks!

Since he is going to play an Assassin, he will have stealth. I would recommend going with the Agent and becoming an Operative so you can have stealth too. That way you can sneak past any NPCs that you don't want to have to bother with. (And dual stealthers are fun in a warzone. Nothing says "Surprise!" like two guys jumping out of the shadows at you.)

As far as story is concerned, you can't go wrong with either the Agent or the Warrior. And you can always switch back to your Powertech once he reaches level 24 if you don't like the class that you picked to level with him.

Edited by Xargyn

Since he is going to play an Assassin, he will have stealth. I would recommend going with the Agent and becoming an Operative so you can have stealth too. That way you can sneak past any NPCs that you don't want to have to bother with. (And dual stealthers are fun in a warzone. Nothing says "Surprise!" like two guys jumping out of the shadows at you.)

As far as story is concerned, you can't go wrong with either the Agent or the Warrior. And you can always switch back to your Powertech once he reaches level 24 if you don't like the class that you picked to level with him.

Pretty much what I woud say and sith isnt a great story to me its all kill this kill that but some parts like end of act 1 and 3 are really epic feeling agent on the other hand has the ultimate story.

Ok, seems like Agent would be my best bet. Earlier today I started an Agent and got him to level 7. The story is great so far and I like the gameplay...what the Agent lacks in "beefy survivability" like BH it makes up for in damage output.

My question is...what AC should I chose? It seems the most powerful attack I have is still snipe, and the cover mechanic is pretty neat. However, as my cousin will be an assassin tank, I can see the appeal of having two stealth characters, in addition to the operative's heals. It still might be too early to say for sure which I like better...the stun and shiv are really cool attacks and I can imagine those would be doubly effective with stealth, but I feel like the sniper could more reliably do heavy damage from range. What would you suggest?

If you want to attack from range, then definitely go with the sniper. It's more focused on your Cover ability though, but you get a bar specifically for cover when you're in that mode. And the sniper has the best range, so you'll have plenty of time to drop down into cover while your friend is positioning his tank for the encounters.

The damage spec'd operative is more of the classic rogue type melee fighter. The drawback to it is that you don't get your "ambush from stealth" ability until level 36, so you're limited to backstabbing from stealth. Once you get it, you'll notice a big difference.

If you go with the healing operative, you'll have a tank/healer combo and pretty much instant queues for any flashpoint you want to run. (But you're grouped with a tank so you'd probably have that anyways.) Operatives are more HoT focused though, you really want to drop your HoTs on every ally you have so you have a greater chance for the instant heal procs. But the procs for the instant heal is another one of those things you have to wait for, since it's about midway into the tree if I remember correctly.

Now I don't know how much your friend plays, but if he doesn't play as often as you, I'd recommend leveling your main to 50 and getting the HK-51 quest done when he's not online. The reason for this is that both the agent and the inquisitor start with a tank companion, so if you unlock HK for your agent, you'll get to kill things faster. The drawbacks to this is that HK doesn't give you conversation faction, so summon your class companion when you go into a conversation. And HK's gear doesn't scale like it's supposed to, so you have to get droid parts to gear him up with as you level.

Edited by Xargyn