Bioware fix your game. Disconnecting non-stop at nights since yesterday.

Friend-Referral

What is going on? Ever since last night, at nights I start disconnecting like crazy. I cannot enjoy PvP at all, I lose a lot of rating in ranked and I can't even enjoy regs. Granted, for some reason I last longer if I'm just sitting on fleet and doing regs but still...

And my internet is fine. My ping doesn't red X into disconnect. It just straight up takes me to the server screen and says it lost connection to the server... while I have great ping, and then I'm able to reconnect instantly. What gives? PLEASE ADVISE!

Edited by ColorfulCaiques

What is going on? Ever since last night, at nights I start disconnecting like crazy. I cannot enjoy PvP at all, I lose a lot of rating in ranked and I can't even enjoy regs. Granted, for some reason I last longer if I'm just sitting on fleet and doing regs but still...

And my internet is fine. My ping doesn't red X into disconnect. It just straight up takes me to the server screen and says it lost connection to the server... while I have great ping, and then I'm able to reconnect instantly. What gives? PLEASE ADVISE!

Yeah this may happen to certain users time-to-time. It was happening to me 1 month ago, and lasted for two days. It was also happening to one of my friends. Obviously it is swtor's issue, something relating to connection problems. I reccomend you not to play ranked for 1-2 days until this problem will dissapear.

I had that same problem. I looked at my router logs to check for denial of service attacks, and the router did find some, but it was flagging the live tile updates. That was the only activity in the router log that coincided with my disconnects.

Turn off live tiles if you're in Win 10.

Also, we had a moderately large windows update yesterday that elevated Windows 10 to the next version.

The bandwidth to download this update in the background might also have squeezed off your bandwidth.

Yeah this may happen to certain users time-to-time. It was happening to me 1 month ago, and lasted for two days. It was also happening to one of my friends. Obviously it is swtor's issue, something relating to connection problems. I reccomend you not to play ranked for 1-2 days until this problem will dissapear.

I looked back at my post history and saw I dealt with this back in November 2017 after the servers merged. It lasted for a day or 2. I won't touch ranked until this fixes itself, which I hope it does. I don't remember it being as bad as I'm experiencing now.

I had that same problem. I looked at my router logs to check for denial of service attacks, and the router did find some, but it was flagging the live tile updates. That was the only activity in the router log that coincided with my disconnects.

Turn off live tiles if you're in Win 10.

Also, we had a moderately large windows update yesterday that elevated Windows 10 to the next version.

The bandwidth to download this update in the background might also have squeezed off your bandwidth.

I don't know if I got it right but I think I turned off live tiles. I use Win 10 home so I had to create a regedit shortcut that somehow disables them. I don't think it worked but. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do know for a fact it isn't a Windows update. Creator's Update isn't even installed on my laptop. I've had metered connection enabled for about a year now because I have DSL internet, so this is my way of indefinitely deferring stupidly large updates like Creator's that my laptop would never finish to begin with, unless I went to a place like Starbucks.

3rd night in a row. :rolleyes: Was in a solo ranked match and while I was losing it happened for the 2nd time. I decided to just drop the entire game and not even bother trying after 2 disconnects. I recently resubbed and for the 3rd night in a row I cannot try to enjoy playing this game. If this continues I might as well call customer service for some sort of compensation. Edited by ColorfulCaiques

I am not on Comcast, but today had multiple times where the little red dot of death popped up long enough to cause me to lose connection enough to interrupt game play but not fully enough to drop me out the game.

I never have this happen, so I will be monitoring my connection more closely now. Hoping it's just an anomaly and nothing long term.

This just started today.

Any of you all on Comcast?

I'm on Verizon DSL. I can run games online perfectly as long as no one else in my household is leeching the bandwidth, and that has not happened at all during the past 3 nights the instant disconnects to the server screen have been happening.

I am not on Comcast, but today had multiple times where the little red dot of death popped up long enough to cause me to lose connection enough to interrupt game play but not fully enough to drop me out the game.

I never have this happen, so I will be monitoring my connection more closely now. Hoping it's just an anomaly and nothing long term.

This just started today.

If you’ve never used Ping Plotter before, down load it and use it to see where the problem is. It will give you live results and show if it’s your ISP, the internet hops to the server, the internal EA network or the server.

how to get the data and watch it live.

Download Pingplotter at http://www.pingplotter.com

Install it so you can look at the hops to the server

To find out the server IP (it changes everytime you log in now) you need start swtor and then go back to your Windows desktop.

Now run command prompt in Administrator mode

(Depending on which Windows you have, there are different ways to run it in Administrator mode, so do a quick Google search on how too for your windows version)

Type this command into the command shell after you have opened it.

Netstat -n -p tcp -b | more

(I usually have the netstat command saved in a txt file for notepad and just copy and paste it into the command prompt)

It will show you the 2 swtor connections to the server IP

It usually has an ip like this - 159.153.65.233 or 159.153.65.232

But because it changes each time you login it will be different.. Ie it could be - 159.153.65.235

This is why you have to run this each time if you want to get an accurate read on the server ping.

Once you have that ip, open pingplotter. You can then enter the swtor server ip you are connected to and it will run a live trace route, showing all the connection hops along the way.

You'll be able to see live statistics and information on what is happening.

With my very limited knowledge of PingPlotter

Tonight I only had time to log in and stand around fleet. My latency was around 20-40 according to the game.

But I seem to have a LOT of packet loss according to PP..... every hop is 66% packet loss, but as I stated my lattency according to the game is very low.

There is a 94% packet loss at

-----------------

OrgName: Level 3 Parent, LLC

OrgId: LPL-141

Address: 100 CenturyLink Drive

City: Monroe

StateProv: LA

PostalCode: 71203

RegDate: 2018-02-06

Updated: 2018-02-22

Ref: https://whois.arin.net/rest/org/LPL-141

-------------------

And the tracert timeouts there.

Any suggestions?

With my very limited knowledge of PingPlotter

Tonight I only had time to log in and stand around fleet. My latency was around 20-40 according to the game.

But I seem to have a LOT of packet loss according to PP..... every hop is 66% packet loss, but as I stated my lattency according to the game is very low.

There is a 94% packet loss at

-----------------

OrgName: Level 3 Parent, LLC

OrgId: LPL-141

Address: 100 CenturyLink Drive

City: Monroe

StateProv: LA

PostalCode: 71203

RegDate: 2018-02-06

Updated: 2018-02-22

Ref: https://whois.arin.net/rest/org/LPL-141

-------------------

And the tracert timeouts there.

Any suggestions?

Where does the packet loss start? Is it the first hop?

Are you able to link the Ping Plotter file to have a look at. It’s hard to say what’s happening without the full picture

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Trix... is this what you mean?

https://share.pingplotter.com/c8nXwaqrUWR

Right now... I am seeing 23 ms latency in game... but this is what PP shows me.

What does your download/upload look like on speedtest? I'd guess that much packet loss starting at the first hop likely means you're having an ISP problem or some sort of configuration issue. Although you might have the lag spike problem + some other problem.

Trix... is this what you mean?

https://share.pingplotter.com/c8nXwaqrUWR

Right now... I am seeing 23 ms latency in game... but this is what PP shows me.

Yes this looks like a local link issue 75% packet loss across the ISP link would make the game unplayable

offhand if this is a cable connection, rust on an external cable connection point could be a cause of this packet loss

Edited by OwenBrooks

What does your download/upload look like on speedtest? I'd guess that much packet loss starting at the first hop likely means you're having an ISP problem or some sort of configuration issue. Although you might have the lag spike problem + some other problem.

Remember... when I ran that PingPlotter... I was 23ms latency in game and it ran just fine.

Speedtest shows 94 DL and 12 UL.