Subscriber Appreciation Details?

Kaywinnit

Hey folks,

As some of you have already begun to figure out, every subscriber is receiving a bonus of 500 Cartel Coins. Some of you may not have gotten them yet but don't worry, the process takes a few hours. All of you should be receiving your 500 coins today. As an additional tease, we have something coming to the Cartel Market later this month that is going to be super, super cheap and available for one day only! All I will say for now is hang on to 10 Cartel Coins and look for details soon™.

-eric

my brain immediately said "a range of unique legacy bound color crystals named after your legacy"

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And my Google-Fu lists KOTOR's release date as 15 July 2003.

Soon, in this case, may be 10 (10!) days from now.

Fixed for ya'

Remember the old cartel packs with the revan suit and remember the cartel pack with the darth malak suit.....yea maybe expect something like that.

Hey folks,

As some of you have already begun to figure out, every subscriber is receiving a bonus of 500 Cartel Coins. Some of you may not have gotten them yet but don't worry, the process takes a few hours. All of you should be receiving your 500 coins today. As an additional tease, we have something coming to the Cartel Market later this month that is going to be super, super cheap and available for one day only! All I will say for now is hang on to 10 Cartel Coins and look for details soon™.

-eric

While its nice to receive a gift of Cartel coins I can't help but feel that you may have missed the point of what subscribers weren't happy about.

The majority of Cartel coins are purchased by subscribers in effect allowing BW to double dip, getting revenue from the subscription and a second time selling coins to the subscriber to get items only in the Cartel market. Only of late there appear to be very very few updates to the game so what is the subscription purchasing? Cartel market items seem to be appearing every week but all this is, is fluff. Where are the game updates?

Of late we have had one update that is only of interest to hard core raid guilds (nightmare modes) offering no new experience other than a few new boss mechanics. And the update before that being an image kios allowing you to change your characters look but no new content. Before that was a purchase digital expansion without which you saw the levels of content shrink and outside of it for level 55's rehashed flash points with very minor changes to the mechanics. Heroics space missions have had their rewards reduced to the point I doubt many people bother with them.

Other than buying fluff from the Cartel market it seems on the whole little is being done to keep subscribers interested or encourage them to keep subscribing.

Hey folks,As an additional tease, we have something coming to the Cartel Market later this month that is going to be super, super cheap and available for one day only! All I will say for now is hang on to 10 Cartel Coins and look for details soon™.

-eric

I'm NOT for sale! No matter how low the price! :p

If it is launched on the CM arnt the f2p players also able to buy it for 10 cartel coins? if so what kind of sub apprication is this?

same thing with Ewok being purchasable by anyone on the CM lol. But you're right, I don't see the subscriber appreciation with new players being able to buy it as well. First the Ewok, now this. Hah

While its nice to receive a gift of Cartel coins I can't help but feel that you may have missed the point of what subscribers weren't happy about. -- snipped from boredom ---

We were given 500 coins free. Packs are 160 each. It's like 3 free packs, and people STILL are not happy. Likely the same type of people who make sure they have gift receipts with their Christmas and BDay presents so they can return them for something else. Not sure when people stopped being appreciative.

I don't feel like a "valued" subscriber! 500CC really? I thought you would have spent some time on content for subscribers. We asked for something else than Cartel Market and you give us CC? I don't spend 15$ to get CC but for content, updates, etc.

Come on! EAware you're a joke! My signature's never been so true.

Edited by Kesphin

I don't feel like a "valued" subscriber! 500CC really? I thought you would have spent some time on content for subscribers. We asked for something else than Cartel Market and you give us CC?

Come on! EAware you're a joke!

Prepared to get trolled lol. Take a look at my thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6510805#post6510805

Look at all of the comments. Its hilarious people are actually defending this.

I don't feel like a "valued" subscriber! 500CC really? I thought you would have spent some time on content for subscribers. We asked for something else than Cartel Market and you give us CC?

Come on! EAware you're a joke!

I know it's about CC coins. If they were to give content, that means more $ for them to spend to develop it. So an easy way to "appreciate the subscribers" is to just give free coins, which I don't think is really something we appreciate. Not all subscribers love the Cartel Market...

Prepared to get trolled lol. Take a look at my thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6510805#post6510805

Look at all of the comments. Its hilarious people are actually defending this.

It's hilarious you're already whining when you haven't seen the actual Cartel item yet. Also, no-one forces you to buy from the Cartel Market. I certainly feel no pressure to do so. So why don't you chill out... take a step back... continue doing do until you're several miles away... and then leave us all alone?

It's hilarious you're already whining when you haven't seen the actual Cartel item yet. Also, no-one forces you to buy from the Cartel Market. I certainly feel no pressure to do so. So why don't you chill out... take a step back... continue doing do until you're several miles away... and then leave us all alone?

/Signed. :)

Its the fireworks for the 4th of july for one countries celebrations, bioware the other 85% of the world don't give a flying hoot!!!!!

Solution: buy items from the CM with your free coins and send them to /random_American then.

But then again.. we know that's not going to happen, right?

So your complaint is pure hyperbole.

I don't feel like a "valued" subscriber! 500CC really? I thought you would have spent some time on content for subscribers. We asked for something else than Cartel Market and you give us CC? I don't spend 15$ to get CC but for content, updates, etc.

So let me see if I understand this correctly.

You do not feel valued by an MMO company, yet you continue to subscribe to the MMO companies MMO. Did I get the facts right here?

Yes, let's have Bioware spend time on game content for subscribers that you'll blow through by Sunday and then you can come back here on Monday, complaining that you're already done the content and need more!

Just take your coins and be happy. Your life could be so much worse, you know.

You could have born in New Jersey. Have you ever been to New Jersey? It's New Jersey in New Jersey!

We were given 500 coins free. Packs are 160 each. It's like 3 free packs, and people STILL are not happy. Likely the same type of people who make sure they have gift receipts with their Christmas and BDay presents so they can return them for something else. Not sure when people stopped being appreciative.

I am not complaining about the coins but you are wrong about the price of the packs. They are 320 each. There is only one set of pack that is 160 the other 3 are 320. I suggest you check the prices before you state how much they are.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Wasn't that the fireworks? And I really hope that it won't be in the next week... Then I'll miss it!1!1!11!!! :eek:

The fireworks are already on the CM. If you actually red the yellow post I quoted, which I'm guessing you didn't, You'd see this special item is slated for later on this month.

Let the speculation begin.....

Inb4 people complain that there is no legacy level requirement for the surprise. :p

Because according to some players....not all subscribers are considered equal.

Edited by Andryah