Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Anyone get the feeling that they are looking at our comparitive buying of Cartel coins and ignoring us as 'not an earning server group', ignoring the fact that because of the mismanagement and disrespect shown us, it is hard to justify buying more of a game, especially cosmetics, on servers that lack the players to do all content, let alone even see your vanity items?

All this while the Australian dollar is stronger than the US.

Yes, yes i do

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you can see why they dont respond yet in the comments in this thread. Some people want merges, others want transfers, other just want to be all moved to North American servers.

BW doesnt know what to do.

I see lots of people wanted transfers and shut down these servers, where as I would HATE having to play on a USA ping. I would want mergers.

I guess you can see why they dont respond yet in the comments in this thread. Some people want merges, others want transfers, other just want to be all moved to North American servers.

I don't see that as an issue as if they want to know they can ask. It is not a coding effort to make a webpage with forms off accounts asking what we individually want and email all accounts with APAC players with a link to it. Even a forum poll would be an action a developer could take.

It would give them the information, make it look like they care, make it look like they are being proactive even. Instead silence.

From silence we can only conclude that they are dragging it out till 1 year contract on server hardware is up and closing them down. Because even suggesting options they are considering is akin to making promises from a once great company that has had major failings living up to promises for years.

To me, the message is clear, if you won't play with US server latency, stop spending cash now because it is coming.

Edit: I would prefer mergers, but I would love to hear any progress from the company taking my money.

Edited by odonoghuet

Do i smell a change in the air?

Scheduled Maintenance

Date: Tuesday, January 15th, 2013

Time: 5AM CST (3AM PST/5AM EST/11AM GMT/12PM CET/10PM AEDT) until 7AM CST (5AM PST/8AM EST/1PM GMT/2PM CET/12AM AEDT)

or are they just jerking our chains?

Do i smell a change in the air?

Scheduled Maintenance

Date: Tuesday, January 15th, 2013

Time: 5AM CST (3AM PST/5AM EST/11AM GMT/12PM CET/10PM AEDT) until 7AM CST (5AM PST/8AM EST/1PM GMT/2PM CET/12AM AEDT)

or are they just jerking our chains?

maybe for a 2 hour maitenance for a 4 or 8 i doubt it. they are not going to risk the healthy european population for the few apac players remaining.

Guys here is a new tact: Go over to http://www.kotaku.com.au/contact/ or any other games site you reckon might help. I'm going to try contact PA next.

Link them to this thread and suggest they run the story on their front page. I've already done it, maybe if enough of us do they will give us some airtime and some exec from EA will see it and demand something be done to stop the bad publicity.

They are already getting a lot of flack with the "gay planet" doing the rounds.

Maybe the current management of SWTOR are aiming to be as notorious as their SWG forbears: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/08/25

Not much point, I've already emailed and linked this thread to sites etc and no one is biting. I got a CS response saying it'll only be dealt with in the suggestion box by a dev. Made a post there but keeps slipping off the main as no one is commenting on it so going unnoticed.

I'm unsubbing once feb hits. Not getting what I've payed for.

Imagine bad PR from a press artical towards bioware pushing an entire community into the gutter while the Americans and Euros enjoy their time basking in paradise.

i was just thinking that if bioware shut down the APAC servers they would have to be insane. this game has had so much bad press that they would really want to not do anything that would bring more bad press to it.

Edited by deltadt

Bad press is all there is left.

They left us lagging here so long in silence that they have hurt the population further to where they will struggle to justify a merge, let alone keeping the APAC servers, to the bean counters. They had a market, they mismanaged the market, and the next step is close it down, blaming the lack of market.

This is why you have developer posts and PR, to not get in this mess. But they have obviously been told to be silent on the issue.

Guys here is a new tact: Go over to http://www.kotaku.com.au/contact/ or any other games site you reckon might help. I'm going to try contact PA next.

Link them to this thread and suggest they run the story on their front page. I've already done it, maybe if enough of us do they will give us some airtime and some exec from EA will see it and demand something be done to stop the bad publicity.

Why not hey, sent one in

Well i just reactivated my sub after checking out MoP on WoW. My server Dalborra is still fairly active. I will be transferring some toons to Gav Daragon soon too. Bioware has alot of competition from Blizzard. There are heaps of aussies playing WoW.

Even Master D is kinda active now in peak times.....WZ pop every few minutes, even HM FP's are popping, though no SM FP's popped for me while lvling an alt. Its definately the lowest pop server but its still quite active.

Though server merges would be cool so we can experience the packed out servers everywhere else in the world. Though I see them complaining about server queues now.... :rolleyes: