Fix false emperor

Having successfully run FE HM several times, we went back there tonight (actually early this morning!).

First run through, the turrets work! (Yay!) they work a second time! (Yay!) Then they do nothing (huh?) - 200%, 300%, 400%..... wipe. (Rats!)

Came back in - the turrets work! The ship is destroyed! (Huzzah!) The ship is back again! (huh???) it's now immune to the turrets! (HELP!) - wipe....

Came back in (again) - the ship is lying across the platform in bits. as we approach it suddenly apears in the correct place. The turrets do nothing (sigh) - wipe.

Think we may have a petite bijou bugette here.....

I like flashpoints, I've been running HMs for over 2 months now and I haven't actually seen most of these bugs, so my logical explanation is that some people are exaggerating a bit and just don't fully understand what needs to be done.

Not liking an encounter is one thing, but blaming everything on "bugs" is just stupid .. If you're having trouble understanding mechanics, check youtube/ forums/ whatever before raging, it just makes you look stupid :)

I'm not saying bugs do not exist, but i haven't seen any ( game breaking ) bugs recently .. no endless clone spawns in d7, turret shields despawn after a while even if you dont bring them down during the fight in FE, etc ..

Imo we should be happy that boss fights in flashpoints are more than just tank&spank and in most of them pretty much the entire group has to be aware of what's going on for things to go smoothly.

Edited by todorovh

Trandoshan Momo:

I'm tired of falling through the bridge, under the bridge, over the bridge, and any other way you could think of falling off this bridge. I don't know how you guys use bridges, but in real people world, they are for standing on. Not falling through when you get charged by this fool.

YES I KNOW HE DOES A KNOCK BACK

BUT

I've fallen through this bridge (yes just drop through) many times dpsing this guy only to pretty much want to cancel my sub right then and there. It's out of hand. I could program a better encounter. With no thumbs :/

The BH Jindo whateverhisnameis:

His ship has bugged for the, lets see...

4th week in a row! **New Record**

Fix this before I rip out the rest of my hair. It's beyond aggravating that an ops guild still can't finish this place sometimes because of this bug. The turrets are either shooting peas or the ship has some kind of jammer on it making the missiles that definitely fire from these turrets do nothing. Or you guys just did a bad job with it. Either way, it needs to be fixed. And used as a learning tool for the rest of your staff of "What NOT to do". Please. For the love of god.

HK57422893577289357237509: <--- Not the same instance but still annoying bug nonetheless

It must be because I like getting stuck inside the giant metal mass that's supposed to be his healing chamber? Oh yeah and I also like wiping because we clicked the consoles too fast. Because that makes sense! Puh-leez :/

Malgus:

No matter how many knockbacks we use, sometimes this guy wont get knocked off, causing another hour worth of wipes. I don't know if it's how you wanna get your money, by making us have to spend hours at a time in here, both fighting your bugs and bad guys, but yeah. I'm supposed to be having fun. This place only brings me fun when alt f4 out of the game and not touch it for the rest of the day. No amount of story can fix buggy gameplay.

I ask you on behalf of the people of the Darth Xedrix server, Empire side.

Please.

Fix.

This.

Hell-hole.

Edit: I'd love to show you proof of these occurrences, but alas, you have no combat log. You should get one. Use Runescape's.

i just did this Flashpoint on Hardmode last night with no bugs and no issues what so ever... seems u sir have a bad case of bad luck

Really? Really? You're complaining about HM FE? The 2nd easiest of the HMs? (The only one easier is black talon) The first boss even if half your group dies and all you have left is a brain dead healer and a naked sorc tanking you can still beat him. He dies almost instantly and as long as you avoid his attack he doesn't hurt enough to be a worry.

The 2nd boss has bugged yes. The first four times I ran it it bugged. The cool thing? It doesn't matter. He's still easily killable even when the ship is still alive. Just play smart and avoid the missles and have a healer with half a brain and you complete it everytime bug or not.

HK if you stand near the chamber you insta-die. If you get stuck in it that's your fault for being retarded and going near it.

Malgus only gets knocked back when he channels force lightning. If you don't run away from the stairs (which can actually be considered an exploit BTW because it's not how you're "suppose" to do it and you are using a game mechanic in a way that you're are not suppose to to give yourself an advantage which in the EULA of this game is a bannable offense though I do it as well so I won't complain) then he will start casting force lightining and you will no longer be able to get him to the ledge. Run him down at 15% instead of 10% and you'll have no problem.

I mean seriously? My guild is very PvP-oriented and we are wiping every week on SOA (going on 4 weeks in a row failing at HM soa until rage quitting for the night) and yet we have never failed at HM FE. Not once. Ever. And I alone have easily done it at least 20 times. The fact you say you guys have cleared nightmare but fail at FE is one those "I should unsub cuz bad" points. Because the fact you clear NM but fail at FE is just a sad sad sad thing.

I'd never admit that BTW.

GL in ur PvE endeavors guiz.

Yeah, I guess kiting him when close to 15% is an obvious answer, thank you. The encounter is so evil though, it's easy peacy , and all of a sudden he starts channeling Ultimate power, an dif you're in a "tank and spank" kind of state at that point, everyone dies :p. Pugging him takes some patience, but it's mostly fine

the skill he uses is "unlimited power" :cool: I laughed in vent when I noticed that and everyone thought I was lying.

We had several bugs show up in FE tonight.

We had one trash pull with 2 droids (cc'd by JK and Gunslinger) and several other mobs where the tank jumped in and couldn't hit any of the mobs, the healer had LOS issues on the tank, so he died. Healer BR the tank, and everything started evading.

We had several occasions where we didn't get out of combat until about 10 seconds after the last mob died in the group we were fighting.

We also had big trouble on Malgus. Once he reset on us in the middle of the fight. Several times, he started using unlimited power at about 35-45%, long before we were thinking about moving him to be ready to punt him. We never had him go 1-1 with all 4 of us before he used the unlimited power. Time constraints kept us from continuing to try. Maybe the kiting trick would work now, but if he's going berserk at 40%, that's a BIG change, undocumented.

Malgus will start using unlimited power from around 50% health, and somtimes more than once. It must be interrupted. Make sure you don't kite Malgus too far away during the 'solo' phase., otherwise he can use unlimited power in a place that is out of reach.

just spent an hour wiping on malgus. hes not fixed, and we werent doing it wrong. its bugged. ive done it the exact way we tried doing it quite a few times. our strategy is solid, the bugs just suck. grenades and knockbacks were completely useless. i cant say whether or not its less bugged for the repubs. all i know is it may not always bug, but it does bug enough to merit some attention.

Yesterday I was doing FE HM. When we got to Malgus all was well up until the part came when we had to knock him out, suddenly the whole thing glitches, me and another guy are reset outside the instance and we couldn't get back in.

And guess what dropped... the Jedi Knight headpiece that i have been waiting for ages to get. I tried countless times to get back in, we were just locked, missing my headpiece and my quest. Thank you BioWare for not being cooperative in this matter.

They just replied that this matter has been sent to the development team, and they wouldnt restore my headpiece...:mad:

Edited by zlahham

My guild has cleared False Emperor HM several times (Republic side), and we've only noticed one bug on one boss in all those times. (Tonight Malgus managed to rescue himself from the pit after we blew him over; it was bizarre.)

I don't think this flashpoint is buggy on a regular basis. The first boss (Kregg) should never be tanked on the bridge. You bring him over to the area in front of the bridge and spread the party out in a square so they don't all get whacked by the spinning cleave. The next boss (Jindo) is all about timing. You have to use the console at the right time or it glitches the encounter. The HK boss is all about breaking him out of stealth TWICE so he doesn't one-shot someone. Malgus is dead easy if you tank him with your back to the side of the staircase. He can't knock you anywhere, and he's easily contained for interrupting Unlimited Power. The only thing you have to be careful of really is not DPSing him below 15 percent when the party is about to go into stasis, as you can't position him effectively below 10 percent health.

I really don't think there's anything wrong with this encounter that can't be solved by a minor change in tactics.

Right - I notice that there have been no further posts in this particular thread (although I am aware that there may well be several others...)

Tonight we ran FE again - the last few times we have had all kinds of bugs apear in it.

Tonight the instance ran perfectly!

I can't say for certain (obviously) that it is truely fixed - but (fingers crossed) it seems that they have managed to fix this one.

So - well done!