Compensation for RotHC

barsh

I'm sure im not the only one who thinks it would be nice to receive some kind of compensation for buying the Rise of the Hutt Cartel, especially since its now free with subscription. I know there was talk of this but no one I know has gotten it and all we get is a title. I don't know about the rest of you but I don't realy care much about titles. if enough people sign or post on this maybe we can draw attention to it and have :something done :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I agree with MaximusRex.

As with any product life cycle, over time price comes down or other incentives are added to extend the life. Early adopters get the benefit of using said product first, but at the cost of not saving money, etc., later.

A direct parallel example for this would be when I purchased Battlefield 3. I waited and waited and waited, and eventually got the entire bundle (game and ALL the expansions) for a very low cost compared to everyone who had purchased them when they first came out. The benefit for me was that I saved money; the benefit for the early adopters was that they were enjoying said game content long before I did.

Another benefit, if perhaps less concretely tangible, comes in the form of social cache/interaction within the game and the community. There is a certain satisfaction/status to experiencing content first/longer. Whether it comes from getting the newest gear before others or being able to help guide others through content new to them but familiar to yourself, there are real if but subjective social benefits to experiencing game content first and when it is new.

I was going to draw another analogy between subscription players and f2p players, but I am really, really too tired. Spent too much time last night cramming in gameplay before the patch. Heh.

Anyway, I am not against some sort of reward for having previously purchased Rise of the Hutt Cartel (should NOT be read as 'compensation'; I am not 'owed' anything more than what I have already received) should EA/BioWare choose to offer it. However, I won't be terribly heartbroken or upset if that turns out not to be the case.

Not a compensation but at least some appreciation even in form of extra coins, pets, crystals and whatever... But a junk title?

No one's gonna make you use the title. As observed, if you bought it a while before it went free, you got your money's worth. I can understand people who bought it on August 12 feeling shafted, though.

You should have gotten 1050 cartel coins, at least that's what I received for having bought the expansion about a month before this change. Check your cartel coin ledger.

This applies only to people who bought RotHC a rather short time before it went free. People who preordered it or bought it a longer time ago did not receive any compensation.

And that's absolutely okay, for the reasons MaximusRex stated.

You don't request a compensation from your local clothes dealer when you bought a T-Shirt for 20$ and half a year later it's reduced to 5$, do you?

This can develop into a serious revenue problem for BioWare if they do not compensate the buyers of RoTHC. That being... why in blazes should we ever buy new content in the future if all we have to do is wait for BioWare to make it free later on?

Personally I bought it only 2 months ago and I feel cheated. so This is yet one more thing that will weigh heavily when I make my decision to renew my subscription in 5 months time.

I think a cartel coin compensation in the order of 1-2 k would be sufficient and would not cost BioWare, it would in fact help boost sales of future releases.... IMHO.

This can develop into a serious revenue problem for BioWare if they do not compensate the buyers of RoTHC..

Why? It's never bothered any other MMO out there, why should it suddenly break this one?

Look, you're upset because you didn't know, I get it. We weren't too happy when City of Villains- the City of Heroes companion game went completely free after we had dropped $60 each to get it when it came out. But other things came along for the game and we knew what to expect when it comes to MMOs and how their expansions work as a result of that experience.

They release an expansion.. let it run for a little while... drop the price.... release another expansion.... let it run for a little while.... drop the price.... release another expansion....let it run for a little while....

That's just what MMOs do. Always has been and always will be.

Now. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dismissing your experiences- nor insulting you. I'm just observing that if you are this upset by an MMO just behaving like an MMO then maybe MMOs just aren't your "thing" in which case, yeah, maybe you should reconsider that subscription. Like very other hobby under the sun- no single hobby is for everyone. After all, if there was just one hobby for everyone, then, we wouldn't have so many different hobbies out there! :)

Edited by Dallayna

Ok enough of this crap. You non subs really have no place posting on this topic. you are leeches who would have NO game if not for us subs. You get something free and ***** that we might not like being taken advantage of. we say we likely won't buy in the future because we would like it free too now you get all pissy because lets face it you are too poor or too cheap to pay for the game and knowing that we may not pay threatens your free ride.

So get lost and let us vent about something that pertains to us and not you.

Prices in the world for all things. People who pre-ordered the package got access to the content before everybody else. Anybody who bought the package got some coins as well as a title in game. That seems pretty fair to me.

All of that said, I purchased the xpac.

Ok enough of this crap. You non subs really have no place posting on this topic. you are leeches who would have NO game if not for us subs. You get something free and ***** that we might not like being taken advantage of. we say we likely won't buy in the future because we would like it free too now you get all pissy because lets face it you are too poor or too cheap to pay for the game and knowing that we may not pay threatens your free ride.

So get lost and let us vent about something that pertains to us and not you.

You know what's funny, you have to be a subscriber or have time left on your subscription in order to post here. You know what that means the ill mannered little friend? The people you just insulted here on this form have every right to be here and have help support the game just like you, some even more so.

So how about you do the rest up us a favor you get lost for a well and let those of us who don't insult other just because they have a different view from our own have an adult conversation about this issues.

Now good day Sir!

Edited by LordRichardEW

You know what's funny, you have to be a subscriber or have time left on your subscription in order to post here. You know what that means the ill mannered little friend? The people you just insulted here on this form have every right to be here and have help support the game just like you, some even more so.

So how about you do the rest up us a favor you get lost for a well and let those of us who don't insult other just because they have a different view from our own have an adult conversation about this issues.

Now good day Sir!

Well bully for you! I am wrong so what!!! The fact is that if I pay for something to support the game why the frik should some freeloader get to benefit from it.

And btw if they are all subscribers, why would anyone be insulted. It would seem I am not the only one to make an error in judgement and run off at the mouth eh my associate "ill mannered little friend"?

As far as anything else goes, if you want to talk about something other than what the OP posted then make another post.

Edited by Marrius

Come on man...playing before everyone else and being ahead is the reward!

No its not. The fact that BioWare in its imminent glory, decided to give away what we had to buy has made any benefit we once had worthless. Had I known they were going to give it away free I would not have bought it. But hey maybe that's just me. If you're feeling so generous perhaps you can pay for my subscription hmmm?. That won't bother me at all.

:)

Edited by Marrius

No its not. The fact that BioWare in its imminent glory, decided to give away what we had to buy has made any benefit we once had worthless. Had I known they were going to give it away free I would not have bought it. But hey maybe that's just me. If you're feeling so generous perhaps you can pay for my subscription hmmm?. That won't bother me at all.

:)

Yeah, of course, you would not have bought it and instead waited below top level for a few months while everyone is progressing further and enjoying the new content...

Get lost.

Early access as a reward for buying something first has been part of SWTOR since the start when the date of your pre-order determined when your early access was granted.

Also rolling content down to players as it gets old is pretty much the standard for FTP MMOs.

Edited by StarMagus

I'm sure im not the only one who thinks it would be nice to receive some kind of compensation for buying the Rise of the Hutt Cartel, especially since its now free with subscription. I know there was talk of this but no one I know has gotten it and all we get is a title. I don't know about the rest of you but I don't realy care much about titles. if enough people sign or post on this maybe we can draw attention to it and have :something done :)

Ok really? You couldn't wait to throw your money at EA/BW, now you're pissed cause they took it? Welcome to the free market boys and girls.

@Marrius: you seem angry. also, there is this feature called Cartel Market. Do you have ANY idea how much some f2pers sink into that thing? 3 f2pers pay more per month than your puny sub. so, while you stew away in your bedroom feeling sorry for yourself threatening to unsub, i gurandamntee you that EA will say "please don't go" but thinking "who gives a crap, we're freaking rich son"

Edited by leijae

Yeah, of course, you would not have bought it and instead waited below top level for a few months while everyone is progressing further and enjoying the new content...

Get lost.

1) try and make sense when talking to the big boys.

2) after you :)

So whom of you bought RotHC? I am guessing the majority of you who did not buy it are the ones saying "The reward is in playing it early'. Which (as far as RotHC) puts you in the same boat as non-subs and you have no place posting on this thread.

If I and those that bought it feel cheated, who the hell are you to tell us we shouldn't feel cheated? If you pay my subscription maybe then you can dictate to me how to feel about this. Till then take a long walk off a short dock with a big rock.

And for those of you who just want to play devils advocate for the sake of trolling, you can take that long walk too.

I bought RotHC 1 month before it went free. BioWare knew they were going to make it free at that point so they knowingly mislead me. If one of you think otherwise, I will send you my pay pal account number and you can compensate my purchase. Otherwise shut it.