Nightmare pilgrim despawns permenantly?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bugged last night on The Progenitor. Got him to 10%, some imps showed up and attacked the boss; we wipe due to him having 4 extra people on the threat table. Couldn't re-summon him back. So thanks to 4 people trying to **** with our attempt the entire server is locked out of the boss until its fixed. Kinda pathetic to be honest - not just with the bug, but that there's nothing in place to prevent people from interfering with it when they have an inhibitor buff.

thats the idea with world bosses you need to fight for them not just farm them.

Still no developer response yet?

I am really glad that BioWare is so committed to their Endgame PvE. /sarcasm

I hope that all those people that enjoy endlessly leveling alts are enough subs to pay your salaries.

Agree^, also not spawning on Prophecy of the Five, thanks Bioware for first making a stupid boss that is the soul source of Tier 2 boots and requires 16 people and be a world boss and need stupid reqs to even fightin the first place(even though our guild only does 8 mans) but then bug him out so we cant even fight him, wtg

There appears to be a problem as we were unable to get this boss to spawn at all. The monument that was to be used to spawn him appeared to be click-able when one of our party members got there but then upon further inspection was not interactive at all.

Why we keep running into bugged quests that require a long timer that can be bugged out, is really lame. There should be some sort of mechanism in place to reset this.

A good example of this occurring would be: Some one unfamiliar with the function of the boss setup could just happen to click on the item thinking it is a lore object which inadvertently summons the boss.

The summoning of the boss happening in this manner can create the situation where the requirements are not met for the fight but causes the entire quest to bug out and not work for anyone.

Edited by lynspottery

Still no response from Bioware to it? That's just great, so it won't be fixed for another year or so?

At least give us some information if it is bugged or we are all doing it wrong, why do you keep the only two endgame bosses bugged for weeks? If you don't want endgame guilds/players in your game, thats fine too, just say it damn it.

On Kathol Rift this week it seems that no one has touched the spawnpoint since last week as our "Forbidden Knowledge" node is still clickable. We'll be downing him tonight, but I'll post here if he does anything wonky.

Then again, small server means getting the word around fast. A few complaints in general about the NMP not spawning and it seems that people are heeding the warning to not bug him out.

Hello everyone,

We appreciate your continued reports on this issue as well as your patience. We wanted to let you know we have already escalated this issue to the correct department for investigation.

Thank You!

Similar issue happened yesterday on the Bao-dur server. We were at least lucky enough to start the encounter, but failed the first time. We began again, got the dog to about 17% and failed a second time. We try for lucky number 3...umm nope. Negative Ghost Rider, that pattern is full. And like many have previously stated, the summoning stone/rock is no longer clickable.

Happened to us aswell on Stereb Cities (EU), the stone was not clickable when we arrived, although we are 100% positive that no other group had attempted to kill the boss on the server yet.

Our theory is that *someone* who had no clue what he did just clicked the stone and died instantly, bugging the stone until now.

Was really looking forward to kill the worldboss, but bioware ruined it again.

Edited by yuvie

But im seriously starting to wonder WHO if anyone is testing these patches before they go live? I mean im familiar with MMOs being full of bugs but really....this stuff is soo easy to catch how could they have NOT caught it before the patch went live?

Multiple guilds tried/killed him on PTS(including us, CKN and Millenium as far as i can remember, if not a few more).

To my knowledge not one of them encountered this bug. So i'd say it wasn't THAT easy to catch.

Concerning live servers: At least on the Darth Traya server we were able to kill him every week since the release of 1.2 without any issues, so it really seems to be server specific as some of you already guessed.

Edited by bwortbutch

Sith Meditation Sphere. This same issue happened to us last week. it simply wasn't able to be clicked. Then this past week (after the Tuesday reset) a guildie cliked on the "forbidden knowledge" tablet, he spawned, 1 shotted him and permanently de-spawned. Guess its a 1 time go per server per week now

• Dev Post
Everyone, thank you for the reports of this issue. I can confirm that we have a fix coming for this (being unable to summon the Nightmare Pilgrim in some circumstances) very soon. We apologize for the inconvenience! Edited by AllisonBerryman

• 2 months later...
Everyone, thank you for the reports of this issue. I can confirm that we have a fix coming for this (being unable to summon the Nightmare Pilgrim in some circumstances) very soon. We apologize for the inconvenience!

This bug is still happening. We can see the stone, but it is unclickable.

This occured on Aug. 6 2012 at 8:30pm PDT on The Harbinger.