The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Wait ... he was doing Hammer Station at level 13? Isn't that a bit low? I generally don't try that one until I'm 16 or 17...

Also, it's not available on Groupfinder until you hit 15.

I thought I picked it up at level 13 from one of the droids on the Imperial Fleet.

That said...

Threatening Scream - level 30

Crushing Blow - level 47-50 depending on build

Saber Reflect - level 51

Even at level 17, you're not going to have those abilities. Playing SM Hammer Station at-level means that, as a tank, you typically need to be the first to engage a group if you want to have aggro, as you have one AOE ability - Slash - and your single target taunt.

Edited by MCaliban

Because a Merc as unexperienced as described would reach 55 HM Athiss in Cunning lvl 10 gear lol

That's true, it would be nearly Impossible for someone who didn't know what they were doing. Maybe if they pvpd to 55 or something.

On a slight tangent my guild decided to run ec last night for fail ops. A guild mate was leveling a vanguard who had just over 10k hp. Sometimes he would seemingly drop dead for no reason. When I took a look at his gear, he was in a level 17 chest piece. ^^ It was pretty funny!

...Level 10 vanguard "tank", ...

Tank disconnects ...Super Sentinel initiates a votekick on the still offline tank, ... queue us for a replacement... and our new member is......another sentinel.

We finish off the boss in the room which drops Trooper boots for the zero troopers in the group, and turn off the tractor beam in true Obi Wan style.

Looks like group loot tables are set at FP start, rather than group comp at combat start. Interesting to know -- minor troll potential, and a definite disincentive to accept in-progress runs *if* you are running for gear.

Taking advantage of the double XP weekend and levelling up my little lvl 28 Vanguard tank, get into Cadi with a lvl 30 Commando, lvl 32 Sage (the healer... though keep reading), and a lvl 35 Sent with very good gear.

Throw the guard on the Sent, immediately get a "um maybe you should guard the healer" from the other two. Well, whatever, I already have that bad feeling so I switch guard and jump in.

First sign that bad feeling is justified (aside from Sent ripping aggro now and again, cue a guard change) is I don't see any Force Armour or cleansing from the resident Sage 'healer'. Ask if he knows about Force Armour, get a "Yeah". I think I saw it twice for the rest of the FP *le sigh*. Course didn't help the Sage would DPS until I was at usually 40% health then start the frantic healing. Thankfully the group never all died, just me on some of the nastier mobs when I had all the aggro and the Sage was off throwing rocks about at nearly full Force...

Ask the Sage "Could you please cleanse me when I have those nasty fire DOTS?" after I died, again, and get a "????????". Explain cleanse and DOTS and receive an "Oh I usually don't play healing classes". Well no duh Sherlock, and man, not understanding cleanse? Even DPS should really know that if you've run a few FPs.

Thinking 'great, explained it all, now they'll improve and my repair bill won't get any higher'. Nope. Still didn't get any cleanse or armour and died again. Thankfully with that death the last mob went down and it was onto the rocket room, where the occasional heal was enough since the boss hits like a wet paper towel.

I don't mind explaining to people these things, but man, explaining it, getting an "I understand" and then seeing nothing change? That annoys me (still, only one horrid run all weekend, so I guess I was pretty lucky).

My favorite example of that to this day is watching a 45 Sin Tank never use Dark Ward on the first couple of pulls, explaining to them how they needed to at the very least use Dark Ward, as it helped make them less squishy. After that they would use the ability at the start of the fight.... and never again. :tran_eek: Despite me telling them to keep reactivating it as it fell off.

I just don't understand how people can see an ability, read it and not have even most minor of clue on how to use it.

Uh, that reminds me of an operative healer some weeks ago, who was using no kolto probes or any hots on my tank alt or any other toon in the group at all... very irritating because usually you see numerous probes floating around as soon an operative healer is in the group building stacks of tactical advantage.

It was Cademimu story mode and yes he was specced for healing as he could use surgical probe... I was specced for tanking, wearing tank gear as far it is possible at that level with FP drops or artifice.

Even after i asked if that was on purpose ( i had a rp player once that feared to spray all this green slimy stuff on a sith lords robe :o but that guy was excellent without them and would throw probes nonetheless in critical situations and no one died). This time, no answer, no probes but dieing toons.

Another approach that it would be much easier for him if he uses them, as he was struggeling with energy and keeping me alive... no reaction except of "you just mind tanking and i do the healing"...well, if i wouldn't fear for my toons life, i wouldn't ask about your playstyle and thank you for the repair bill...

If not for the great dps players in that group i would have dropped, but we got through in the end, thanks to the dps sorc, who bubbled me as often as he could and careful DPS who never broke CC.

But a hot based healer not using any hot at all... i just don't get it :confused:

Edited by Khaleijo

Got into a Red Reaper run last night, Jugg Tank, Sniper for Dps, Op for healer, and marauder for Dps (myself).

We go about our merry way, opening pull is tough few die no surprise. We keep going skipping some trash pulls here and there, healer complains about it. Meanwhile he would use his group stealth ability so we could try and skip some stuff... Did not work but if you are complaining about skipping why the hell use group stealth to attempt skipping more? We get to the Arch shortcut area, my arch is not high enough so the long way it is. First pack the Op healer is around the corner not healing, instead he is typing. To me... Saying "Kaz you must like dying or think you are a tank" my retort? "I got a sin tank main so yeah I tend to forget sometimes :P"

Healer leaves. I whisper him and his response is "No you are the child. Learn your class or go back to wow." He promptly put me on ignore. Jokes on him, I never touched wow and I have no plan to. And I know my marauder or at least I did. Red reaper dinged me to lvl 45 so getting massacre and then getting viscous throw a lvl later threw off a lot of what I was doing. It was an amusing run, we reque'ed as the tank pulled out Greek. Got all the way to the last boss before we hit a snag and wiped, though a healer had come in during the boss pull. So was a quick run back and kill.

Amusing run and thankfully the only one I had like it over the double xp time.

Doing Mandalorian Raiders Storymode. Our group is 2 snipers, an operative, and a Jugg tank. We pass Braxx the Bloodhound fine, but we later have one mess up where the Op healer tries to sneak us past a droid but since only he can stealth, the droid and several droids past it attack us and he and the other sniper die. We revive, then we get to the Republic Boarding Party. When the Jugg asks us to explain the fight, (it's his first time), the Healer has a complete meltdown, and leaves.

I mean, god forbid anyone is on their first time playing through a flashpoint. God forbid newbies are allowed to play and learn the game. And God forbid, that I, who had been waiting in the queue for 2 HOURS should be able to actually finish the flashpoint.

We never found a replacement, and had to abandon. Shame, because the jugg, despite it being his first time, was doing really well, and was a nice guy.

Oh well, guess for that Healer, there's no time for anyone who has not dedicated their lives to this game!

I thought I picked it up at level 13 from one of the droids on the Imperial Fleet.

That said...

Threatening Scream - level 30

Crushing Blow - level 47-50 depending on build

Saber Reflect - level 51

Even at level 17, you're not going to have those abilities. Playing SM Hammer Station at-level means that, as a tank, you typically need to be the first to engage a group if you want to have aggro, as you have one AOE ability - Slash - and your single target taunt.

You can get the quest at level 13, but you can first queue for it at level 15.

taking my derper'mando on a lowbie GF Athiss last night we had a 'healer' that just flatout reused to do anything that even vaguely resembled actual healing. we had guardian tank and a sage DPS along for the ride.

the fact that our "healer" was apparently a melee Sage just made it that extra bit interesting.

We got past the first boss and were heading for The Beast, the other DPS had made the point on a couple of occasions that he wasn't the group healer and had only teh basic healz skills, even though he was pretty solidly casting static barrier on everyone in the group.

our alleged "healer" also had an annoying habit of breaking every, single c/c.

Every. Single. One. which lead to a near-wipe against the droids just before the first boss (only my mortar volley coming off CD at a very opportune moment saved us)

After getting past the pond but before heading up the ramp, I initiate the vote-kick.

the three of us had a quick chat and figured if both me and the sage play what healz we can, we could well get through this.

I summon up my 'droid companion, click him over to DPS and we clear the path back to the cave (where I grab myself a second droid) and the last mob to the beast.

the tank needed a little instruction, and he successfully pulled the beast back to the cave where it was one of the simplest, easiest Beast fights i've ever had it just went so smoothly.

between me and the sage throwing out whatever basic heals we had access to, our tank guardian & my droid were kept nicely topped off. I was even able to switch back to Armor Piercing rounds.

the rest of the run passed by just as easily and I only had to switch back to support cell for a short period during the fight with the prophet.

the group's only death after booting the alleged "healer" was my droid dying to fire clouds because I forgot to switch it to passive.

my only regret, i forgot to add the sage that stuck around to my /f list.

Edited by dancezwithnubz

A while back on my Alt Imp character I was doing a FP and the healer was complaining that no one was gaurding him (the guy totally blowed at healing even though he was spec'd for it) Which was true because the tank didnt know how to tank so I was basically doing Dps and tank/gaurding to healer at the same time. So i start gaurding the healer and he says Im messing them up. So we start arguing and he starts acting like hes a god of Swtor or something saying "Im healing you guys you should be grateful for me" and "fk u idiots dont know how to gaurd or play you should just quit and delete the game" and at the same time were fighting a boss. The guy is healing around 200hp per 30 seonds..... So i start bashing on him telling him thats hes a sht healer and during this time we beat the boss. Some gear pops up/spawns from the boss and the other 2 guys in the group that are just remaining silent while the healer and I are fighting , they 'Need' the gear. I 'need' it as well. I end up getting it and all of a sudden they both start hating on me. The healer ends up rage quitting the fp and leaving the group saying "good luck finding another healer losers". literally a few seconds after we get a healer 4 levels higher than him and we breeze through the rest of the flashpoint easily. I bring up how bad the last healer was at the very end of the flashpoint and the other 2 silent guys started hating on me again and end up Vote kicking me right before the last boss. So I did the tanks job+ my job, put up with a raging healer, took gear that i needed, got kicked from the group at the end of the fp, and received no xp or anything for it. And I dont know why but the new healer also voted to kick me... after i welcomed him to the group >.> Edited by Rotaruc

So i start gaurding the healer and he says Im messing them up.

And he's right, if you're guarding the healer that means you must have swapped to your tank stance and thus get the huge threat increase from doing so, no wonder your tank couldn't hold aggro.

Guard doesn't even do anything for a healer, but that's for a different thread.

A while back on my Alt Imp character I was doing a FP and the healer was complaining that no one was gaurding him (the guy totally blowed at healing even though he was spec'd for it) Which was true because the tank didnt know how to tank so I was basically doing Dps and tank/gaurding to healer at the same time. So i start gaurding the healer and he says Im messing them up. So we start arguing and he starts acting like hes a god of Swtor or something saying "Im healing you guys you should be grateful for me" and "fk u idiots dont know how to gaurd or play you should just quit and delete the game" and at the same time were fighting a boss. The guy is healing around 200hp per 30 seonds..... So i start bashing on him telling him thats hes a sht healer and during this time we beat the boss. Some gear pops up/spawns from the boss and the other 2 guys in the group that are just remaining silent while the healer and I are fighting , they 'Need' the gear. I 'need' it as well. I end up getting it and all of a sudden they both start hating on me. The healer ends up rage quitting the fp and leaving the group saying "good luck finding another healer losers". literally a few seconds after we get a healer 4 levels higher than him and we breeze through the rest of the flashpoint easily. I bring up how bad the last healer was at the very end of the flashpoint and the other 2 silent guys started hating on me again and end up Vote kicking me right before the last boss. So I did the tanks job+ my job, put up with a raging healer, took gear that i needed, got kicked from the group at the end of the fp, and received no xp or anything for it. And I dont know why but the new healer also voted to kick me... after i welcomed him to the group >.>

Players like you are part of the problem, not the solution.

Welcome to the ignore list!

E:

Dude, don't fear the paragraph/line-break. It really just wants to be your friend.

Edited by midianlord

A while back on my Alt Imp character I was doing a FP and the healer was complaining that no one was gaurding him (the guy totally blowed at healing even though he was spec'd for it) Which was true because the tank didnt know how to tank so I was basically doing Dps and tank/gaurding to healer at the same time. So i start gaurding the healer and he says Im messing them up. So we start arguing and he starts acting like hes a god of Swtor or something saying "Im healing you guys you should be grateful for me" and "fk u idiots dont know how to gaurd or play you should just quit and delete the game" and at the same time were fighting a boss. The guy is healing around 200hp per 30 seonds..... So i start bashing on him telling him thats hes a sht healer and during this time we beat the boss. Some gear pops up/spawns from the boss and the other 2 guys in the group that are just remaining silent while the healer and I are fighting , they 'Need' the gear. I 'need' it as well. I end up getting it and all of a sudden they both start hating on me. The healer ends up rage quitting the fp and leaving the group saying "good luck finding another healer losers". literally a few seconds after we get a healer 4 levels higher than him and we breeze through the rest of the flashpoint easily. I bring up how bad the last healer was at the very end of the flashpoint and the other 2 silent guys started hating on me again and end up Vote kicking me right before the last boss. So I did the tanks job+ my job, put up with a raging healer, took gear that i needed, got kicked from the group at the end of the fp, and received no xp or anything for it. And I dont know why but the new healer also voted to kick me... after i welcomed him to the group >.>

Just b/c I'm bored enough, I'll try to translate this.

QQer, DPS, sh*t tank, and sh*t healer are in a FP.

DPS and sh*t tank take down a boss while QQer and sh*t healer argue

DPS and sh*t tank need on the dropped gear, as does QQer (who wins)

DPS and sh*t tank that took down boss get mad that QQer (who was chat-battling sh*t healer) wins the roll

sh*t healer leaves with a polite f'all'y'all and party gets new healer

party makes it way to the final boss w/out incident (even though, according to QQer, tank is sh*t)

not content to just finish the FP, QQer makes a point of calling out the sh*t healer's flaws; sh*t tank and DPS vote to kick, and new healer chooses to vote with the sh*t tank and DPS

QQer says he got nothing (other than the loot he already won) and is surprised that a healer that is having no probs with the group chooses to stay with the "sh*t tank" (and finish the final boss and complete the FP) instead of causing a split by siding with the QQer that started the end boss problem by opening his mouth and not just taking the carry he was given.

Did I miss anything?

Just b/c I'm bored enough, I'll try to translate this.

QQer, DPS, sh*t tank, and sh*t healer are in a FP.

DPS and sh*t tank take down a boss while QQer and sh*t healer argue

DPS and sh*t tank need on the dropped gear, as does QQer (who wins)

DPS and sh*t tank that took down boss get mad that QQer (who was chat-battling sh*t healer) wins the roll

sh*t healer leaves with a polite f'all'y'all and party gets new healer

party makes it way to the final boss w/out incident (even though, according to QQer, tank is sh*t)

not content to just finish the FP, QQer makes a point of calling out the sh*t healer's flaws; sh*t tank and DPS vote to kick, and new healer chooses to vote with the sh*t tank and DPS

QQer says he got nothing (other than the loot he already won) and is surprised that a healer that is having no probs with the group chooses to stay with the "sh*t tank" (and finish the final boss and complete the FP) instead of causing a split by siding with the QQer that started the end boss problem by opening his mouth and not just taking the carry he was given.

Did I miss anything?

missed the part where the QQer makes the sh*t tank's job harder by trying to be a tank too

Not really a weird story per-say... But I did a hammer Station (Yeah been spamming these and que'ing only for them mostly to 100% the achievements for it) got 2 decently geared seeming dps (high HP/main stat) so before the first pull I issued them a challenge "Go ahead and try to pull aggro, yes I'm serious".

I play a Sin-tank and my main concern with the patch was that the lack of self-heals.... Would decrease my threat generation overall. Had no issues holding the first boss, bonus boss, or third boss. The second boss (the trio) I did have 1 of them jump away from me but a idk if that was mechanic (he does it a lot, jumps to a random person but then turns to the tank to keep smacking on them). The healer made a comment about freaking out when the marauder dps popped BT on the first boss, since it puts a debuff on everyone. I do agree that it can freak otu healers as I was in a 16man Op on a dps PT an hour after the FP and seeing 16 debuffs pop up at once... Yeah that'll freak out most healers. I also didn't move out of "sweeping gunfire" like I normally do on the last boss, wanted to see how the changes to Sin's in 2.5 were going to effect my style of play....

I thanked them for putting up with me and my crazy antics in the FP (including nearly dying on trash since I forgot I no longer have self-heals and chain pulled lol). The healer when asked made a comment about having to heal the dps more then me, which is a result of AoE from the boss fights I hope.... Plus rogue trash mobs I could not get wither/discharge spammed on enough to keep'em off the dps that were bursting them to bits.

I really am enjoying the 2.5 changes to Assassin tanks, though I fear for the next few group-finder groups I get lol.... I will be testing the limits of my tank, plus doing more stupid antics like not moving out of AoE just to see how hard it will hit me for now that I have the DR increase. It gives me a window into what I can look forward too in Operation settings, and what I can get away with.

^.^

I am playing the game almost straight since launch now and I think I saw it all, but last nights Maelstrom was strange even for my experience.

Storymode, so not a big challenge, I tanked (37 Shadow) and got a pop rather fast. Healer and 1 DPS were ready and there. The other DPS however either D/Ced or dropped dead in front of his screen, as he remained on the fleet and did not answer to any questions.

After 2 min of waiting for anything to happen, we kicked and got a new one. Here is where it started.

The DPS we got I knew from a Taral V run I did before, knew he was capable and decent so it was great, we could finally start messing up the prison.

Then suddenly, after the first group of mobs the other DPS left without a word, just *puff*. Soo again we had to get a replacement.

We did get one of course, one that joined the group only to leave it 2 minutes later before he had even arrived at our position.

Next re-queue. Now we got a second Shadow, nice enough. Used Force in Balance and such, so obviously Balance specced, but using Combat Technique (tank) and suddenly started to tank stuff, using FiB to grab aggro before I could get close to mobs, taunting and all that. I tried to tell him that he was doing something wrong, but got no reply. Of course.

We got to the Boss with the laser eyes, the one you need to hide from if you don't want to die. Not our Balance-Tank, nooo. He not only ran straight into the boss, thus again taking initial aggro and making my job harder, nooo, he also taunted the boss in the Laser Eyes phase and then stood right in front of him... luckily he died and I could kill the boss with the rest of the group. Balance-Tank got revived and I asked him (again pretty friendly) why he was tanking while obviously in DPS spec (not to mention that he queued as DPS obviously and got a pop as DPS also obviously)

I got no reply of course, he either did not speak english or he simply did not care that he was messing up the run.

Anyway... he obviously did not understand me and just continued taunting and attacking ahead of me and then he also must have forgotten what gear he needs, because he needed for a Cunning headset. Well, that was it then, I initiated the vote.

We got another new DPS after that and finally managed to finish (inbetween I used HK to stand in) this bloody run... but seriously... what is wrong with the DPS players in this game? I know some are good (I have a lot of those in my guild), but generally... I mean we needed 4 replacements....

My head hurt after that FP... If I was not leveling that Shadow I would never pug again I think...

I've loved reading this thread and until last week never needed to post....

A Tale of Two MandoRaiders by Ixios

Night 1

Decided to put some time in to lvl up a bit on my Powertech Shield Tech and hit GF button to see what was in store for me. Mando raiders popped so i jumped in. Group consisted on myself as the tank, two Maurauders and a Sorc healer. After loading into the FP first i wait for the others, the two mauraders appear at the same time and both run off.... no sign of the sorc yet.

Before i can even type "Hi" in chat to my amazement they both force leap... into different packs, the first went straight forward and leapt on the mobs that spawn and the other had gone right and through the first doors.

Still no sign of the healer but it hadnt been that long so could easily just be a slow load, I write off the Mara that went right as its a large mob pack and nothing i can do and decide to instead go to the rescue of the nearest mara. Managed to take down that pack but both Mara's have died and the sorc has then arrived.

Trash pulls from here on in are nothing short of disasters before ive vented heat or healed up the double force leap sound is heard and i die a little inside, even swapping my guard around to which ever one was in the most trouble and AOEing like mad it wasnt fun.

Also the weird thing was how close i was coming to dying on almost every pull, the healer was healing us all but the numbers seemed tiny and i was really needing to pop everything just to stay standing.

The first boss in Mando raiders actually lends itself to my groups playstyle as i quietly tanked the boss off to the left whilst the others ran around in circles as they had been the whole time.

Second boss took three attempts despite me explaining the kill order and doing what i thought was a decent job of tanking it (the BH is my alt and my main/s are a LVL 55 Jug Tank & a LVL 51 Sin Tank that ive tanked all HM FP lvl 50/55 and all ops on at least SM so whilst not being anything special i have the basics down) after the 2nd time we wiped the healer asked who the tank was, this was despite my constant polite requests to please let me pull and can you target weak to strong etc.

Anyhow managed to beat the boarding party on the last attempt but was the last man standing as the other 3 died (mainly due to standing still inside the mortar volley) but the small heals were still bugging me so i inspected the Sorc healer.

At first glance when i see someone in nearly all orange moddable gear i normally find they are an experienced player and its a breeze, this time the sorc was in EMPTY SHELLS!!! no armouring, no mods nothing. I send him a whisper asking if its a display bug (like the offhand not showing sometimes) he replies saying "what do i mean by mods and what are empty shells?" by now the mara suicice train has pulled into another station so i take the time to continue to \w him to explain that what he is wearing isnt giving him any stats and you need to modify to do that via comms etc and offer to show him how after the FP.

Thankfully he still has some greens (very low lvl but better than nothing) and puts these on. Healing then because just small numbers rather than miniscule. Rest of the FP was still a challenge as the mara's wouldn't take any of the short cuts and pulled the last boss before we had even finished with the large turretts outside his room. Again the mental playstyle of these two jokers kinda worked on the last boss even though they were hitting separate turrets but the advantages of being towards the top of the lvl range for the FP and being decked out in good gear paid off and we made it through.

Then went to the fleet and spent some time with the sorc explaining how item modification works so hopefully he'll get along better next time.

Night 2

Somewhat nervously i hit the GF button and again find myself in Mando raiders. Thanks the gods of SWTOR it was the complete opposite experience. This time the group was 1 Mara, 1 Merc Healer and a Sniper. Everyone said hi and then confirmed they were ready. Each pull was started by myself and the DPS were always using the correct kill order, using and not breaking CC and proceeding at a swift pace but allowing people just enough time to heal up or recover resources.

No wipes, nobody died and the healer even politely asked the group if he could also dps as he "wasnt needed much as he is barely needing to heal"

Stormed through it in no time and everyone said at the end it was one of the smoothest runs they've had.

Just goes to show how much we rely on each other for the enjoyment of our game time.

Thanks for reading :)

I've been playing this game for a while. Tanked, healed and dpsed so I could write pages what I've been through but... yesterday I queued as a tank with a guildie... got Boarding party sm. It went smooth, none died, cc's, everybody knew what to do, but after the bonus boss I read in chat (not quotted) This is the most boring instance I've ever been in, written by the healer, agreed by dps. Well ok, next time I will do something else, let's wipe it, it will be fun! :p. Maybe we're so used to be with bad players that once it's smooth it gets booring :p

This is one where I actually act like a nub because I'm not paying attention as a healer.

2 Shadows, 1 sent, 1 sage, Tank-Deeps-Deeps-heels. Anyways, in Czerka (The one without vigilant, I can never remember the names) and we start the fight. Everything is fine and dandy, until suddenly out of nowhere the tank decides screw mits and dies. I have no idea how that happened honestly and just blame myself for not paying attention (I've been leveling my scoundrel so was still trying to toss Slow release med pack on everyone). Then we get past that room and onto the next pulls, things go swell, then the first keycard is obtained, and we continue on. At this point I am guess the tank pulls the droid to us, not really sure, but the rest of the room decides that we have pizza on us and zerg us because pizza. We die because I am a fail healer Q_Q. But seriously, never saw that happen before, but whatever. Anyways, we continue the rest of the instance with no real issue, and a bunch of willpower items drop, I apologize for my terribad heelz and we all go about the rest of our day.

Not really something worthy of being here, but hey we did die and have some *** moments when the whole room decided it wanted our pizza.

At this point I am guess the tank pulls the droid to us, not really sure, but the rest of the room decides that we have pizza on us and zerg us because pizza.

I'm not sure if it's the case here but I've seen this happen on a few occasions. Basically if you try to kill, say, an observation probe by tossing it to the bottom where the droid boss spawns, and you accidentally toss it one or two levels below rather than all the way down, it won't quite die, and it will make its way back to you while alerting every single mob along the way. Cue in a massive horde of strongs and elites angily running at the unsuspecting party and a wipe.

I'm not sure if it's the case here but I've seen this happen on a few occasions. Basically if you try to kill, say, an observation probe by tossing it to the bottom where the droid boss spawns, and you accidentally toss it one or two levels below rather than all the way down, it won't quite die, and it will make its way back to you while alerting every single mob along the way. Cue in a massive horde of strongs and elites angily running at the unsuspecting party and a wipe.

^This.

I saw this happening several times already and it's kind of annoying. The tossing does not really save time anyway, and when a toss results in a train of mobs, way more time is lost than could ever be gained by an instakill of a single mob.

It's the same when people toss the one droid in hammerstation that waits after the bridge. It will not die from falling, but will be somewhere beneath the floor and keep attacking the group. It will be out of range / not targetable, though and become a major annoyance.

Tossing of mobs is fine, but people please don't do it in Czerka Labs and that one droid in Hammerstation, it's more pain than gain.