Revan's fate after the Foundry encounter

Deviss

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had problems with both. Though a lot of what I dissliked about the writing might have been better if they had been given more time.

The only thing I could imagine is that you didn't like the setting, but the story itself was very high quality.

I managed to talk to one of SW:TOR writers (or to be more specific: exchange mails with him) and it seems that they indeed deliberately changed the Foundry's ending. They want to have a possibility of adding Revan later on if they feel he fits somewhere along the story. There is still hope! :)

My theory is that the emperor becomes an operation boss with Revan helping us. Seeing as how we find out the emperor can switch bodies after the JK storyline, i think Revan will bind his spirit with the emperor and sacrifice himself, much like what Empatojayos Brand did with Palpatine

Edited by Bereduss

My theory is that the emperor becomes an operation boss with Revan helping us. Seeing as how we find out the emperor can switch bodies after the JK storyline, i think Revan will bind his spirit with the emperor and sacrifice himself, much like what Empatojayos Brand did with Palpatine

There must always be a Lich King...

No, but in all seriousness, quite a possible scenario. Guess we have to wait and see.

SURPRISE THREAD-JACKING.

I'm amused that we both came to the conclusion that Meetra Surik following Revan as a force Ghost would be the thing that saves him after the encounter.

(Note: This is even less than a beta version of a small segment of a much larger story, and one of the few parts that pertains to Revan. It is not a finished project and should not be considered as such)

~~~

They were simply too strong.

Revan caught a burst of lightning with one hand,when the force of an exploding rocket knocked him off his feet. He pulled himself into a roll, and brought his blade to defend against a Warriors overhead blow.

He span out of the saber lock only to find blaster bolts and flames waiting for him. A quick force push barely saved him from the brunt of the attacks.

He was tired, and wounded. Against four of the Emperors finest, at their peak, how was he to win?

He had failed again. The best he could do was prepare to die. He ducked under the warriors attack, and force pushed him away, clutching a wound in his side.

“In the end…,” He gasped, shutting his eyes. He could feel the other Sith, preparing for another attack, The warrior drawing on his rage, the bounty hunter and operative readying their weapons. “I am nothing. Now I know how you felt, old friend…”

He thought of Malak, and how he had died… And found his thoughts drawn to his family. To Bastila, and his son, and all the descendants who had come thereafter. All of it was possible because he had stalled the emperor, giving them more time.

This couldn’t possibly be the end.

Revan reacted immediately. He let the force, both the light and dark, flow through him. It welled up, until he felt as if he might burst from the pure energy; and then let it release.

The blast was so intense the four Imperials had to shield their eyes against it; Lighting shot past them, and bright force energy obscured their view of Revan.

The blast was so intense, it pushed him over the edge of the platform. Wounded and exhausted, Revan succumbed to the darkness as he fell.

When he awoke, it was to the sound of Meetra Suriks voice calling to him.

The second feeling was pain. Every inch of him protested at once as he struggled to lean up and look around him.

He was alive. But there was still much work to do…the Emperor was still a threat, and now, he knew what he was up against.

He would prepare, and strategize, as he had done before.

The war had only just begun.

SURPRISE THREAD-JACKING.

I'm amused that we both came to the conclusion that Meetra Surik following Revan as a force Ghost would be the thing that saves him after the encounter.

(Note: This is even less than a beta version of a small segment of a much larger story, and one of the few parts that pertains to Revan. It is not a finished project and should not be considered as such)

~~~

Revan caught a burst of lightning with one hand,when the force of an exploding rocket knocked him off his feet. He pulled himself into a roll, and brought his blade to defend against a Warriors overhead blow.

He span out of the saber lock only to find blaster bolts and flames waiting for him. A quick force push barely saved him from the brunt of the attacks.

He was tired, and wounded. Against four of the Emperors finest, at their peak, how was he to win?

He had failed again. The best he could do was prepare to die. He ducked under the warriors attack, and force pushed him away, clutching a wound in his side.

“In the end…,” He gasped, shutting his eyes. He could feel the other Sith, preparing for another attack, The warrior drawing on his rage, the bounty hunter and operative readying their weapons. “I am nothing. Now I know how you felt, old friend…”

He thought of Malak, and how he had died… And found his thoughts drawn to his family. To Bastila, and his son, and all the descendants who had come thereafter. All of it was possible because he had stalled the emperor, giving them more time.

Revan reacted immediately. He let the force, both the light and dark, flow through him. It welled up, until he felt as if he might burst from the pure energy; and then let it release.

The blast was so intense the four Imperials had to shield their eyes against it; Lighting shot past them, and bright force energy obscured their view of Revan.

The blast was so intense, it pushed him over the edge of the platform. Wounded and exhausted, Revan succumbed to the darkness as he fell.

The second feeling was pain. Every inch of him protested at once as he struggled to lean up and look around him.

He was alive. But there was still much work to do…the Emperor was still a threat, and now, he knew what he was up against.

Quite a likely scenario and Kudos on well written story.

Not bad...perhaps later on we will see Revan and Satele come face to face, it would be interesting to see how they would interact with one another, considering he's her great great great grandfather.

Yeah, It seems strange that they didn't use Revan's and Satele's connecton - hope it will be there in the game later on. There is a lot of unused potential when it comes to relations between them. ;)

Edited by Deviss

SURPRISE THREAD-JACKING.

~~~

I really wish this is what happened. Is this a part of a fanfiction?

This is star wars no one is truly dead if they don't leave a corpse behind and even then it's a 50/50 chance it seems. Since you never really see him die just purple lightning release and his body disappear while he is still standing and holding his side, he may have the power narrative on his side. No power of the force compares to the power of being important for the story as a whole to move forward.

Just like the boss at the end of FE I am betting we see Revan again alive and well in future content

It's a segment of a story I'm writing, yes.

Unfortunately, there's only a small segment that pertains to Revan thus far (The overall story is...more than a little incomplete.)

Well once you finalize it, send me a link to it. I'm hoping to read it :D

Though to be honest, they should have left him in his own time.

....Ok...I'm starting to get tired of hearing ppl say "leave him in his own time"....are you people so blind as to see....this....is...still...his...time....Revan is the Heart of the Force, the best darn Tactician in all of Star Wars and the only Jedi for a very long time to be able to use both Light and Dark side powers without falling. I ultimatly feel, if anyone can become immortal, and I don't mean one with the force nor wired on pain like the emporer to stay juiced up.

Email response from Drew Karpyshyn:

I don't want to spoil too much about Revan in the game, but I'll try to answer your questions. Revan's lines were really just an homage to Darth Malak's quote from KOTOR, though it's easy to imagine he had been a little corrupted after 300 years battling the Emperor's evil.

As for Revan's final fate, you never actually see him die. He just sort of disappears, so we left the door open just a little bit in case we want to ever bring him back.

Thanks for that.

Fans would nor have will never, never, ever, ever, be happy with his 'final fate'. It could end with him grabbing the Emperor and pulling him into a volcano to finally end the war and people would still be unsatisfied that he is dead. At the same time if he was left alive they would be complaining he doesn't do ENOUGH if he was still alive and kicking.

BioWare shouldn't have included him - personally - at all in my opinion. The odd quests here and there like the Revanite chain would have been good and left an air of mystery surrounding him. It felt like they just threw him out there as fanwank and killed him off just to say "There, you got your Revan and now he's dead. You can shut up about it".

Edited by WhoDaresWins

I almost cried when i heard what Revan said. the mirror of what Darth Malak said, it gives me chills to this day.

and there is no way he is dead, and if he is, i would be genuinely mad, i mean he has to die eventually, and im ok with killing him, but NOT in a MID LEVEL FLASHPOINT. when we were fighting him i noticed two things; he disappeared before we dropped his health to 0, and there was no corpse.

he is alive, he's alive.

I am just saying but evey great character has an end. Revan is just the same as everyone else except for the fact that he is extremly strong in the Force making him speical. That being said I do not douht that Revan is not alive in fact I think that he may have used a technique that transported him somewhere or another who knows.

But, every great character has an ending evwn though that ending may not be the best.

Cool story by the way.:) I have my own story that I may or may not work on depending on time.

Edited by SveinEternity

Fans would nor have will never, never, ever, ever, be happy with his 'final fate'. It could end with him grabbing the Emperor and pulling him into a volcano to finally end the war and people would still be unsatisfied that he is dead. At the same time if he was left alive they would be complaining he doesn't do ENOUGH if he was still alive and kicking.

BioWare shouldn't have included him - personally - at all in my opinion. The odd quests here and there like the Revanite chain would have been good and left an air of mystery surrounding him. It felt like they just threw him out there as fanwank and killed him off just to say "There, you got your Revan and now he's dead. You can shut up about it".

Some people are playing this game BECAUSE of Revan - they just want to find out want happened to hero they played in previous games. Not including him would be a big mistake that would be met with disappointment from many KotOR fans and BioWare knew/knows this. :p

Still, I agree that not fully explaining character's final fate is good ending - it leavs fans to wonder what happened to him and they can imagine it themselves. Imo they should create awesome quality story in TOR related to Revan and than somehow leave his fate unexplained once again when the game is closing in to it's end. Killing him, as you said will still be met with some people's frustration.

Edited by Deviss

I almost cried when i heard what Revan said. the mirror of what Darth Malak said, it gives me chills to this day.

and there is no way he is dead, and if he is, i would be genuinely mad, i mean he has to die eventually, and im ok with killing him, but NOT in a MID LEVEL FLASHPOINT. when we were fighting him i noticed two things; he disappeared before we dropped his health to 0, and there was no corpse.

he is alive, he's alive.

Yeah, they changed the Foundry's ending for a reason though I was still not certain that Revan would reappear later on in the game. The moment Drew said that they left the window open for Revan's return I was 100% sure that he will come back.