-50% dmg Jedi Consular ability...very smart

-Scopes-

Jedi Consular version:

lvl46

Unity

Instant

Cooldown: 5m

Unifies you and your companion through the Force, reducing the damage you both take by 50% for 15 seconds.

Sith Inquisitor version:

lvl46

Sacrifice

Instant

Cooldown: 5m

Sacrifices your companion to the brink of death to instantly heal yourself for 40% of your total health.

This is SEPARATE from the +2% hp u get for 1 min with a defensive ability reset (the lvl 15 Heroic Moment one)..most seem to assume i am talking about that one...this is separate....they have this AND the Heroic moment.Gona just go right off and say whoever added the SI/JC ability that is usable with a companion for the game..or had the IDEA to add it..should be FIRED...and NEVER allowed to work with MMOs again.

No other class has a "companion and i" ability like that which gives -50% dmg taken for FIFTEEN SECONDS/Emergency Heal (if SI)...if you want to keep it...give Warriors/knights a immunity to CC for 15 seconds...IA/Smugglers 50% dodge rate...and troopers/BH something as well...but my suggestion is to just remove it and restore FAIRNESS and balance to open world pvp....what u can use in WZs should be what u can use outside...

Every other class has the "Heroic Moment" where u get HP regen for 1 minute and a reset of a defensive ability...why are these classes so special? and thats a good enough tool for ALL to use in Open World pvp emergencies when getting ambushed...at least all have it so its fair.

but why..OH WHY did the very intelligent developers of SWTOR decide to give a class a massive advantage over others in Open-world pvp...its bad enough those classes have stealth so they get the first attack(or attack u when u are weak)...or sprint to flee...or heals/30m abilities that can kite u with (if sorc/Sage)...you give them 2nd life/HALF dmg taken for FIFTEEN SECONDS?!

Why did you decide to add this to go the game bioware? Give us the community an answer to defend your choice...because so far...it IS favoritism..you could've made it a social ability if you felt that SI's should drain the life of their companion..or that JCs should rally theirs...but to have something this powerful for open world pvp exist..u essentially give a BIG unfair advantage to a fight. I want the community to join in on this...i know the JC/SIs wont since its to their advantage...but to everyone else its just plain stupid and unfair....yes i whined...but with logic and valid points.

>>AGAIN<< NOT REFERING TO:

Channel the Force

Instant

Cooldown: 20m

Summons the Force to aid you and your companion, immediately finishing the cooldown on Electrocute and restoring 2% of maximum health every 3 seconds. Requires an active companion. Lasts 1 minute.

Channel the Force

Instant

Cooldown: 20m

Summons the Force to aid you and your companion, immediately finishing the cooldown on Force Stun and restoring 2% of maximum health every 3 seconds. Requires an active companion. Lasts 1 minute.

Edited by -Scopes-

I believe he's speaking of:

Sacrifice

Instant

Cooldown: 5 mins

Sacrifices your companion to the brink of death to instantly heal yourself for 40% of your total health.

yes this one and Jedi Consular one...which gives -50% dmg taken for FIFTEEN SECONDS

Unity

Instant

Cooldown: 300s

Unifies you and your companion through the Force, reducing the damage you both take by 50% for 15 seconds.

In that case, the consular one seems quite grossly overpowered. I don't know why it is in the game. The SI one is not very good (40% heal that nearly kills your companion). The "heroic moment" SI ability is probably one of the worst, resetting the CD of your stun. War/Knight resetting Saber Ward is much better...

The JK heroic moment has saved my group on flashpoints several times when our healer (who's still learning the ropes) got overwhelmed and couldn't heal me in time.

And remember how weak sorcerers are 1v1. If they were to catch agro from a champion because the tank, for whatever reason, lost agro, they'd be down in a blink. That "heroic moment" is pretty much the only way they'd make it out alive.

The JK heroic moment has saved my group on flashpoints several times when our healer (who's still learning the ropes) got overwhelmed and couldn't heal me in time.

And remember how weak sorcerers are 1v1. If they were to catch agro from a champion because the tank, for whatever reason, lost agro, they'd be down in a blink. That "heroic moment" is pretty much the only way they'd make it out alive.

this is not talking about the Heroic Moment...everyone gets those abilities at approx lvl 15...this is the lvl 46 ability that JC/SI ONLY have...PLUS the Heroic...2 "with companion" abilities

i got beat 1v1 once too.

troo storie

it was 2v1(2v4 with companions..which is even worse)...and in regular situations i wouldve killed them BOTH(i know because i did..then they came back thinking "hey...we got this God-Mod Ability that only we can use! :o)...and so you have poorly skilled players win due to 1 button abilities...really stupid bioware.

ehm lets see

1) u get the ability at lvl 47

2) u must have a companion out to use it

3) u cant use companions on ilum or in warzones.

4) u never go back to other planets once u hit 50

5) theres more than enough abilities in the game that makes it possible to prevent taking dmg while it lasts. (snare+kite, stun+kite, vanish, force speed, kb + kite just to name a few)

yea big deal....

NOT

Edited by Zilrota
removed, rude

ehm lets see

1) u get the ability at lvl 47

2) u must have a companion out to use it

3) u cant use companions on ilum or in warzones.

4) u never go back to other planets once u hit 50

5) theres more than enough abilities in the game that makes it possible to prevent taking dmg while it lasts. (snare+kite, stun+kite, vanish, force speed, kb + kite just to name a few)

yea big deal....

NOT

Since you are mr pvp know it all...i will explain to you why ur wrong.

1. Doesnt matter if you get it at lvl 1. its an over powered ability...if you can't admit it..it just shows how selfish you are and just want to keep something you know should not exist for ANY class or should be available to ALL classes (maybe in different forms)

2. Really? :o :O :o guess what you usually have up when you are NOT in a WZ/Ilum-Warzone area?

3. So? There are things called Dailies...Datacron Hunting...Lore Hunting...Epic Monster Hunting...Or just plain exploring. All which allow companions to be up.

4. Speak for yourself...again proving that you only think about your needs and not others.

5. No there isnt...CCing lasts about 3-4 seconds on stuns...5-6 on some classes which have the break-on-dmg effect. but those usually get CC-broke Mr PvP know-it-all. Some classes may kite, like a sniper/Gunsliger or a Sorc/Sage (but those have this ability anyway so whatever)...but what about melee? and if they are stealthers...jump u..slow u right away ...then u try to kite..they can always just sprint to u...and if they are casters in open world...they usually dont need to chase u/be kited since they can get u from far away anyway...and this isnt a arena map...this is open world..some areas dont have LoS protection. Also, U know the thing called the Resolve bar? yea that thing which gives u about 2 CCs before you cant be CCed anymore :o yea..usually that means u can only be CCed for about 4 seconds..since the 2nd CC would be broken with ability. and also single target CC wont stop their companion from slowing/CCing u..or even dotting u(cant vanish) so u either remain in place or not be able to leave. Also you speak about a 1v1 scenario which doesn't always happen..u have 2v1 situations where u cant CC both because of another thing called COOLDOWNS! :o no wayyy...how did a smart person like you with all those nice points didnt think of that one? :o

So MY situation was this:

I am a Juggernaut...2 Shadows jumped me while doing dailies @ ilum...i killed them BOTH....then 5 minutes later get jumped again...altho this time...*** my dmg was nothing...got killed...something is not right...never seen them use that in Warzones before :o do some research and find out Bioware are geniuses. As for your "CC AND KITE! I AM SMARTZ" arguement. My 1 min Force Choke which stuns for 3 seconds (channeled..so the other person and 2 more companions kept attacking me...and also able to be interupted) and my aoe fear (which they just CCbroke...as they should have since its my longest CC)..only to be left with a force push...which they just sprinted back after using...and that, is also single target...which also meant 3 were still on me....normally even with the disadvantage of fighting 2 players...i would do my best to survive and finish them both..and use the basic tactics (kill ranged then melee)but now i do -50% dmg to ALL 4 for 15 seconds? I know you are a smart PvP God...but let me say this...incase u didnt already know...when outnumbered..u have to burst 1 quick..and then take care of the other...guess what you cant do when all targets take -50% dmg? :o

Just be a rational person and admit the ability is overpowered and very unfair to the other classes which dont have a 2nd "Open World" ability....It will make you look wiser :o

Edited by Zilrota
removed rude

I am a Juggernaut...2 Shadows jumped me while doing dailies @ ilum...i killed them BOTH....then 5 minutes later get jumped again...altho this time...*** my dmg was nothing...got killed...something is not right...

You are complaining about being killed by two players against only you. Two players that, previously, you killed by yourself. Your argument is pretty solid.

I'd love for them to remove unity. Last useful ability you get as a base consuler is at 22. Tumult is pretty much useless outside of finishing off low hp mobs and unity you get at 50 and by then it is absolutely useless.

I can't even think of a place where you'd find world pvp against other 50s with active companions.

I'd love to actually get something from the shared tree past level 22 that I could use in PvP.

Since you are mr pvp know it all...i will explain to you why ur wrong.

1. Doesnt matter if you get it at lvl 1. its an over powered ability...if you can't admit it..it just shows how selfish you are and just want to keep something you know should not exist for ANY class or should be available to ALL classes (maybe in different forms)

2. Really? :o :O :o guess what you usually have up when you are NOT in a WZ/Ilum-Warzone area?

3. So? There are things called Dailies...Datacron Hunting...Lore Hunting...Epic Monster Hunting...Or just plain exploring. All which allow companions to be up.

4. Speak for yourself...again proving that you only think about your needs and not others.

5. No there isnt...CCing lasts about 3-4 seconds on stuns...5-6 on some classes which have the break-on-dmg effect. but those usually get CC-broke Mr PvP know-it-all. Some classes may kite, like a sniper/Gunsliger or a Sorc/Sage (but those have this ability anyway so whatever)...but what about melee? and if they are stealthers...jump u..slow u right away ...then u try to kite..they can always just sprint to u...and if they are casters in open world...they usually dont need to chase u/be kited since they can get u from far away anyway...and this isnt a arena map...this is open world..some areas dont have LoS protection. Also, U know the thing called the Resolve bar? yea that thing which gives u about 2 CCs before you cant be CCed anymore :o yea..usually that means u can only be CCed for about 4 seconds..since the 2nd CC would be broken with ability. and also single target CC wont stop their companion from slowing/CCing u..or even dotting u(cant vanish) so u either remain in place or not be able to leave. Also you speak about a 1v1 scenario which doesn't always happen..u have 2v1 situations where u cant CC both because of another thing called COOLDOWNS! :o no wayyy...how did a smart person like you with all those nice points didnt think of that one? :o

In the end you are trying to defend something which is CLEARLY overpowered. and you TRIED to defend using that "you are a whiner and i am a cool and collective guy that lists points in order to protect something which is cheap and unfair but it benefits me so whatever" which didnt work sadly for you since your points only applied to you since you are a 1 dimension player judging from what you wrote.

So MY situation was this:

I am a Juggernaut...2 Shadows jumped me while doing dailies @ ilum...i killed them BOTH....then 5 minutes later get jumped again...altho this time...*** my dmg was nothing...got killed...something is not right...never seen them use that in Warzones before :o do some research and find out Bioware are geniuses. As for your "CC AND KITE! I AM SMARTZ" arguement. My 1 min Force Choke which stuns for 3 seconds (channeled..so the other person and 2 more companions kept attacking me...and also able to be interupted) and my aoe fear (which they just CCbroke...as they should have since its my longest CC)..only to be left with a force push...which they just sprinted back after using...and that, is also single target...which also meant 3 were still on me....normally even with the disadvantage of fighting 2 players...i would do my best to survive and finish them both..and use the basic tactics (kill ranged then melee)but now i do -50% dmg to ALL 4 for 15 seconds? I know you are a smart PvP God...but let me say this...incase u didnt already know...when outnumbered..u have to burst 1 quick..and then take care of the other...guess what you cant do when all targets take -50% dmg? :o

Just be a rational person and admit the ability is overpowered and very unfair to the other classes which dont have a 2nd "Open World" ability....It will make you look wiser :o

1. so all classes should have all abilities of all classes? ok cool id like guarded by the force then. kk thank you very much. seriously u gotta realize how retarded that point of urs is.

2. who is ever in an other area than wz/fleet/ilum after 50.

3. go roleplay on a pve server /care

4. see 3.

5. l2p. i can kite a shadow/assassin np. ur argument about resolve is also invalid cos seriously only a retardingly bad player will break fear with CC breaker unless ur resolve bar is full which it shouldnt be as its the first thing u use. not my problem when ur dumping all ur cc at the start of the fight. a good player would never do that.

at the end of the day u just cant deal with it so u come here and whine and want bw to make it easier for you. go roll a shadow on ahto - duel me and use that **** and i promise i will destroy you np. and after that stop whining about **** that cant even be used in 99% of pvp situations.

In that case, the consular one seems quite grossly overpowered. I don't know why it is in the game. The SI one is not very good (40% heal that nearly kills your companion). The "heroic moment" SI ability is probably one of the worst, resetting the CD of your stun. War/Knight resetting Saber Ward is much better...

Disagree on SI version. If you are almost dead and your opponent is almost dead, popping that ability even if it killed your comp is a massive advantage. Basically if your going to 1v1 a SI you better kill the comp and then them, where as they only have to kill you.

Edited by Sejia
reply to insult