Impressions of 1.5

mourasantos

I don't know what HK-51 is like. And to be honest I don't really care, if the level of interaction we have with him is anywhere near as rudimentary as it is with every other companion (and I have no reason to believe it wouldn't be).

What I do care about is the fact that Bioware hasn't yet come around to fix the performance issues on 1.4 and already 1.5 is live on the pts with the exact same problems, no performance improvements whatsoever: same weird font, same jittering chatbox, same disappearing taxis, same same same...

Oh, and I was just reminded how much I dislike the workaround they found for the issue of T'wilek headtails clipping with lightsabers, that godawful animation complete with disappearing swords. Ugh. Yeah, that's still around too.

Irrespective of the negativity though, it is nice to see them release content so quick. I've only been at the PTS for five minutes so, who knows, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised once they finally get around to fix the performance issues.

Edited by mourasantos

What ppl need to realize though, this is all content which has been ready for a long time. Basically they took a big content patch and split it into little parcels, probably to buy enough time for Makeb. All that, "we don't know when HK-51 will be ready" talk? Malarkey. They've had him ready for months.

What ppl need to realize though, this is all content which has been ready for a long time. Basically they took a big content patch and split it into little parcels, probably to buy enough time for Makeb. All that, "we don't know when HK-51 will be ready" talk? Malarkey. They've had him ready for months.

And you have proof of this? Or is it just wild accusations. I for one am pleased to see new content. Maybe the games still got a long future. I think there's some good stuff in this update.

i agree, however this new content is coming too late the lack of fixes superpass the new content. Am i going to resub in order to play this new content despite the CTD happening all day long?.....

Edited by psikofunkster

When you make accusations like that you should throw them out there with quotes and/or video with sources otherwise you're just another politician that no one likes. First of all, your accusations are flat out wrong because look at the company that owns Bioware... EA would never allow Bioware to sit on content, just look at the release of this game. EA forced Bioware to release this game when it wasn't ready despite the developer's wishes. We can even still see this with the patches that are forced out currently in the game. Each patch goes through an internal test period of who knows how long, and then it sits on the PTS with maybe 75-100 people publicly testing the game over a 2 week period before it is released to the masses. Trust me mourasantos, Bioware is not sitting on any content, they are indeed forcing it out faster than it should be.

And you have proof of this? Or is it just wild accusations. I for one am pleased to see new content. Maybe the games still got a long future. I think there's some good stuff in this update.

I don't need proof; it's common sense. I knew it the moment Bioware announced their plan to release smaller patches at a more frequent rate.

Take the new Warzone, for instance. That's been more than done for a long while now. Heck, dudes were even playing it back at that German video games convention (I forget its name), and guess what: it won't be released for another 12 weeks, at the very least.

I wouldn't be surprised if they'd just finished up with Makeb.

Edited by mourasantos

HURR DURR...

Really dude? I really wish they didn't remove peoples join date because it would let me know if you really have no clue or are blatantly trolling. Maybe you just didn't participate in the betas or something.

So we had him like a year ago. Then right before the game went live they took him out. No explanation. Then people started complaining and they came up with some lame excuse "He didn't quite work the way we wanted him too..." and when that was shouted down by those of us that participated in the Beta and remembered him working just fine they changed it to: well we wanted to make him special and part of an event...

I'm actually pretty shocked they aren't saving him for sale in the ftp cash market. They must have realized if they did that they would literally kill the game. Everyone would quit.

But yes my little newbie friend, HK was in the game a year ago and they removed him, so were all these "super cool awesome oranges" they are putting in their stupid little gambling boxes (they removed about 90% of the custom gear from the game right before launch...)

HURR DURR...

Really dude? I really wish they didn't remove peoples join date because it would let me know if you really have no clue or are blatantly trolling. Maybe you just didn't participate in the betas or something.

So we had him like a year ago. Then right before the game went live they took him out. No explanation. Then people started complaining and they came up with some lame excuse "He didn't quite work the way we wanted him too..." and when that was shouted down by those of us that participated in the Beta and remembered him working just fine they changed it to: well we wanted to make him special and part of an event...

I'm actually pretty shocked they aren't saving him for sale in the ftp cash market. They must have realized if they did that they would literally kill the game. Everyone would quit.

But yes my little newbie friend, HK was in the game a year ago and they removed him, so were all these "super cool awesome oranges" they are putting in their stupid little gambling boxes (they removed about 90% of the custom gear from the game right before launch...)

Crap beat me to it! But yes, this poster speaketh the truth. He vanished just like all that custom gear before live.

I'm with you btw. I was betting he was going into the new EA money dispense...I mean Cartel Coin Shop, right next to where all our missing armor went. Gamble boxes...bleh how low they sink. And with their removal just before launch, EA had to know SWTOR was going to go F2P. Or at the very least have a cash shop.

Yeah I suspect they've basically being holding off on stuff since just after 1.2, when the F2P decision seems to have been finally made.

I don't think he has any proof whatsoever. If he did, he would have splattered it all over the forum. So it's definitely the later.

Apparently not :eek: (maybe you should check your opinion before you present it as "fact" :)).

|

V

HURR DURR...

I'm still annoyed that they pulled the summon ability in beta, that would have helped with the early travel system a lot, it would still help now, although not as much.

Edited by Goretzu

I dont care if they had content in a desk drawer since launch personally. I know we had HK before launch, we had quite a bit before launch that they inexplicably pulled from the game, and this late in the game I just don't care any more. What I would settle for at the moment is....

A. They actually stick to an announced scheduled...so far, so good.

B. They make sure the patch isnt the bug fest that the last 3 major patches have been. Getting a bit old now.

As far as whether or not they are holding back content...frankly I don't care. In this case I just want them to stick to the schedule and do some QA work before shoving it out the door.

Edited by LordArtemis

To be fair, some of the bugs genuinely wernt seen on PTS. Granted there wernt that many there to test, but some of the bugs I had on live I never experienced on pts except for the dodgy chat box.Ofcourse I wish things were smoother and less buggy, but I wouldn't be surprised to know that the bug fixing team might be completely seperatr to the content generating team.

And I agree this stuff probably has been ready for a while and just been fine tuned a bit over the weeks. Much of this still was datamined a while ago, where as more recent stuff for 1.5 was pickev up in 1.4 patch.

But people need to stop caring about the number 1.4, 1.5 etc etc. Had server transfers and group finder not come,the content in 1.4 and 1.5 was the original 1.3, including the flashpoint and WZ which well likely see in liketwo months.

As others said, not only do I not care, I think its a good strategy. We get the perception of more content due to the constant stream of content, even if that stream is only 1 big thing every 2 months. Sure the whole big patches makes sense in some aspects, and its great to have loads of new stuff to do, but then you get bored quicker. Now atleast you play with new stuff, of which there is less of, but by the time you're bored of it, something small but new will be releasedandand you can have some fun checking it out.

So yeah, if they stick to it, ill love it. Heck as a PVE player I already am. If, and its still a big if, but if it continues this way, with small imrpvrments, and maybe less bugs, I can see a bright future for this game.They're definitely learning from some of their mistakes at least, such as the new world boss, coming with several optional difficulties, some cool orange gear to chase, and its non griefing mechanics stopping anyone within 70-80m from getting involved if not in the raid group.

I don't think he has any proof whatsoever. If he did, he would have splattered it all over the forum. So it's definitely the later.

HK-51 was in, working at beta and was pulled without a valid reason (they DID give it lip service, bug blah blah but it was working fine, they just pulled it to save him for a fluff update) , so yeah this piece of content has been around for ages.

some of us didn't get into beta. so yea to you it might be old content rehashed but to alot of people it's new content!

I think you misunderstand. What was said is that hk47 was already in the game, so putting him "back in" wasn't a case of starting from scratch, so shouldn't have taken months. Then a couple of people decided to call him a liar, without doing some research, which was then shot down quite quickly, making them look a tad silly.

So the beta thing is just about the fact the code was already written, not about if it was new or old.

I think you misunderstand. What was said is that hk47 was already in the game, so putting him "back in" wasn't a case of starting from scratch, so shouldn't have taken months. Then a couple of people decided to call him a liar, without doing some research, which was then shot down quite quickly, making them look a tad silly.

So the beta thing is just about the fact the code was already written, not about if it was new or old.

so you got him in beta is it the same way u get him now?

So? Let's say you're right. And they release content out every six weeks so we always have something that's new.

WHAT THE HELL WOULD BE WRONG WITH THAT?

Edited by Master-Nala

you are correct sir. There was a ton of stuff removed just before launch that has yet to make a come back.

just look at this video

A much requested item, the battlelord armor for the jedi knight, with the top down. :eek:

I am sure we will see that released as "new content".

So? Let's say you're right. And they release content out every six weeks so we always have something that's new.

WHAT THE HELL WOULD BE WRONG WITH THAT?

nothing unless its stuff that should have been in a launch but was withheld just to keep you paying that monthly fee.

Chat bubbles were in the beta testing but takin out becasue of performance issues, yet still they are not back. Maybe that is a technical issues but it has been a year.

If my lawn guy did not cut the grass for a year because his weed wacker was broken, i would fire him.

HK was already create a long time ago, now i dont mind that he got held back a bit, but I would not consider it new either.