Will this build work for PvE tanking?

ccoolmint

Will this http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301GzGrd0roGRZMcbZ0c.2 build work for PvE endgame?

I heard SCI and prototype cylinders are bugged so I should avoid getting them and as a healer I wanted this to be a easy build to heal.

I hadn't heard that Supercharged Ion Gas and prototype cylinders were bugged. That sucks, if true.

Flame Surge (free AOEs) seems pretty useless to me. I put those two points in Supercharged Ion Gas and Rail Loaders instead.

For absolutely maximum survivability, Integrated Cardio Package is correct; however, +3% Endurance is really a very small amount of HP (about 600 hp on my fully augmented Campaign set). I prefer to put those three points in Prototype Cylinders and Iron Fist for improved DPS.

I hadn't heard that Supercharged Ion Gas and prototype cylinders were bugged. That sucks, if true.

Flame Surge (free AOEs) seems pretty useless to me. I put those two points in Supercharged Ion Gas and Rail Loaders instead.

For absolutely maximum survivability, Integrated Cardio Package is correct; however, +3% Endurance is really a very small amount of HP (about 600 hp on my fully augmented Campaign set). I prefer to put those three points in Prototype Cylinders and Iron Fist for improved DPS.

I like the flame sweeps because its a extra 2 GCDs to let heat dissipate

Hadn't heard about them being broken, could you post a link if there is? Maybe you're referring to IGC, which it turns out wasn't broken or they said screw it and lowered the damage on the tooltip after 1.3 - not even a mention in the patch notes. Either way it was reported for the longest time with no reply from the devs, and frustrating us concerned about it.

As far as ICP, I don't find the health increase worth it so I've not gotten it since I started playing the game. The threat increase from SIG makes holding threat easier (if it's not broken) so I'd just take it if you're having trouble holding threat. I don't tank much these days so I can't tell if it's broken or not.

Hadn't heard about them being broken, could you post a link if there is? Maybe you're referring to IGC, which it turns out wasn't broken or they said screw it and lowered the damage on the tooltip after 1.3 - not even a mention in the patch notes. Either way it was reported for the longest time with no reply from the devs, and frustrating us concerned about it.

As far as ICP, I don't find the health increase worth it so I've not gotten it since I started playing the game. The threat increase from SIG makes holding threat easier (if it's not broken) so I'd just take it if you're having trouble holding threat. I don't tank much these days so I can't tell if it's broken or not.

the thread was on the PTS forums asking for a bug fix so I don't know if I can still find it, but it said that the damage from IGC doesn't scale with gear and does not receive the full benefit from supercharged ion gas and prototype cylinders.

Edited by ccoolmint

the thread was on the PTS forums asking for a bug fix so I don't know if I can still find it, but it said that the damage from IGC doesn't scale with gear and does not receive the full benefit from supercharged ion gas and prototype cylinders.

AFAIK that thread was created before the recent buff to cylinders.