PT PVP soul searching

Rypht

Ever since 1.3 killed off Iron Fist, I've been trying different builds and I just can't seem to find a spec I enjoy in pvp.

I went full shield tech, and discovered the damage output is that of a pillow fight, and the only thing you can actually kill is someone afk and with no friends to help them, however I did love the utility that spec brought to the match, much of which I had in the Iron Fist days.

I then went (and currently still am) pyro, and while it's quite nice to actually kill things once again, the lack of utility just makes playing as pyro utterly boring and frustrating. Just being able to melt face isn't entertainment enough.

I'm starting to eye AP builds now, but I fear ultimately I fell in love with a hybrid style that BW will never let exist again.

Anyone have any suggestions for a build that brings utility and lethality back under one banner?

Right now, your best option is to run full Supercommando gear with a 31pt tank spec, full 31pt Pyro with the Eliminator Spec, or an AP/Pyro Hybrid (1/22/18, 0/23/18, 0/24/17). If you choose to take CG (Autocrit Railshot) in AP then you want Combat Tech gear, if not then you want Eliminator. The AP/Pyro hybrid offers more utility over the standard Pyro build but you lose single-target burst. I personally use a 8/2/31 build for Rateds and when I'm doing regular WZ's, I alternate between 8/2/31 and 0/23/18 (dont have full WH Combat Tech yet so I don't take autocrit Railshot).

Could you post a link to that spec? And how well does the powertech pvp tank compared to a jugg?

pt tank is sux without a pocket healer,

read the top BW putted post for investigate,

a tank should kill nobody but should survive under at least 4 ppl attack u at the same without any other help.

BTW i played a tank at endgame ops and wz b4 1.3, now i abandon it and switch to dps.

At the Moment i play a PT Tank in PvP and i do just fine with it. While this char is only in Battlemaster gear, i avg 8-10 medals and 30-35 kills in a warzone. The PT Tank can mess people up if you actualy put forth the effort. Once you put out the effort, you can have your cake and eat it to.

At the Moment i play a PT Tank in PvP and i do just fine with it. While this char is only in Battlemaster gear, i avg 8-10 medals and 30-35 kills in a warzone. The PT Tank can mess people up if you actualy put forth the effort. Once you put out the effort, you can have your cake and eat it to.

BS. PT tank is weakest tank in PvP. Medals/kills don't matter. You get medals for dumb crap and you get kills for barely hitting something. I can take out a PT tank much faster then Jugg and esp Sin.

Many ranked teams will run multiple Sin tanks cause of how good they are. Most won't even bring 1 PT tank and if they do It's just 1, not multiples.

Thanks for the replies guys, some good stuff to consider for alternatives.

BS. PT tank is weakest tank in PvP. Medals/kills don't matter. You get medals for dumb crap and you get kills for barely hitting something. I can take out a PT tank much faster then Jugg and esp Sin.

Many ranked teams will run multiple Sin tanks cause of how good they are. Most won't even bring 1 PT tank and if they do It's just 1, not multiples.

Yep, I had a ranked team courting me for a little while, and at the time I was still deep shieldtech, they basically said they don't use PT tanks, they don't bring enough to the team.

I as well found Pyro just boring, didn't like that it had less utility and was just about melting faces. I wanted to be able to do more. So I tried AP with this build or what has been called the NORSE build: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301G0hZrkrrRrdzbsZb.2

The idea behind the NORSE build was to not even use Rail Shot (NO Rail Shot). Check out Opf's AP guide to learn about it a bit more. I'm still trying to get it down, but I'm liking it so far. Just getting in a good position with your flamethrower without it being interrupted via knockback is the key. I might try some hybrids between AP and Pyro eventually, but the whole rail shot thing was just so boring to me.