Inspired to play a shadow

A_nonymous

I'm just wondering what made other people on here pick a Shadow to play. I was running a level 43 mission w/my trooper on Belsavis. As I was outside the cave I was getting ready to go in a shadow invited me to a group and we teamed up. So we're running through blowing up crap. He's working his cc stuns and I'm working my cc and everything is good. On the way back out we pass a chest that is guarded by a lvl 43 elite. Now, we could've easily taken him. I could've taken him on my own in a long fight. He goes into stealth and starts walking toward the guy. I wait back and wait for him to attack first since he's in stealth. He sneaks right past the elite, loots the chest, goes back into stealth and sneaks right by him again. I was sold on the class right there.

I just started a shadow after hitting 50 with my Sniper.

I wanted to play a melee class and I wanted to play a force-user and I wanted to play on the Republic side. It was down to the Shadow vs the Knight ACs. I wasn't completely convinced on the Shadow for a while because I was still thinking "Man, it's a consular AC, how great in melee can it be?" then I did a little digging on the forums and saw people praising the class and it's combat abilities, so I gave it a whirl.

I've been having a blast so far. :D

Stealth, hands down. After fighting my way all the way to the back of whatever cave, base, whatever to get the "boss", I hate having to fight my way back out because of respawn. Stealth just lets me avoid all that.

Also I do a lot of PvP, and as I leveled the class I learned they have SOOO many tools, it's just a blast to play them in PvP.

I wasn't really convinced to play a Shadow. It's odd actually. I had told myself all the way through prerelease that I'd be a Guardian main, Scoundrel alt. Then I played a Sorc in the beta and rolled Consular as my first character in live. Next thing I knew, I had chosen Shadow. I think it was really the Consular gear progression video that did it, but I'm not sure. I love my Shadow, but I look longingly at Sages a lot. Being a healer in MMOs typically, I just really don't know where that decision came from.

I wasn't really convinced to play a Shadow. It's odd actually. I had told myself all the way through prerelease that I'd be a Guardian main, Scoundrel alt. Then I played a Sorc in the beta and rolled Consular as my first character in live. Next thing I knew, I had chosen Shadow. I think it was really the Consular gear progression video that did it, but I'm not sure. I love my Shadow, but I look longingly at Sages a lot. Being a healer in MMOs typically, I just really don't know where that decision came from.

The Force guided you.

I was torn between the sage and shadow until I learned the shadow is the only one of the two that can use a double blade. When I played SWG all my jedi always had a double blade so that is essentially what sold me on my shadow but I found that it is a very good class. I love my steath especially when there is group of npc and i can mind maze one while fighting the rest and then go back to him. I usually mind maze the strongest.