Vette and the Collar: On or Off Get Different Results/Quests?

beagle-san

To expand on the previous poster a bit:

I was enjoying torturing the heck out of her with the shock collar for quite some time. Eventually though she says something to the effect of "I'm done, take off the collar or piss off". If you continue to leave it on, that same dialog will repeat itself once a day indefinitely. I finally took the collar off around the later 30's just to see something different, but as yet (lvl 46 now) no new options have come up. Take note though - her affection with me is only around 500ish and I never use her, so after finally taking the collar off and building her affection again it's entirely likely that her conversations and I assume her companion quests may start again

• 2 weeks later...

Can't. If you leave the Collar on, then she stays locked to the same "take it off or get lost" convo until either a) you take it off or b) the end of time. Simple as that.

Unfortunately this comes down to bad writing and forcing choices onto players. In essence, Vette has only one option; you take the Collar off or you don't get jack squat, end of story. No alternatives, no options, nothing. Either you follow exactly what BW's writers want you to do or you get penalised for making the "wrong" choice.

Given the way that the writers have raved about Vette being one of their favourite characters, its clear that they have only a single outcome for her and don't want players to treat her any differently to what their "vision" (or whatever) for the character entails. She's their star, and you'll do what they tell you, choice be damned.

Me, I was hoping that leaving the collar on would go somewhere. Regardless, I haven't taken it off because, well, I just don't care about her. Am I missing content? Probably. Does it bother me? Not at all.

Can't. If you leave the Collar on, then she stays locked to the same "take it off or get lost" convo until either a) you take it off or b) the end of time. Simple as that.

Unfortunately this comes down to bad writing and forcing choices onto players. In essence, Vette has only one option; you take the Collar off or you don't get jack squat, end of story. No alternatives, no options, nothing. Either you follow exactly what BW's writers want you to do or you get penalised for making the "wrong" choice.

Given the way that the writers have raved about Vette being one of their favourite characters, its clear that they have only a single outcome for her and don't want players to treat her any differently to what their "vision" (or whatever) for the character entails. She's their star, and you'll do what they tell you, choice be damned.

Me, I was hoping that leaving the collar on would go somewhere. Regardless, I haven't taken it off because, well, I just don't care about her. Am I missing content? Probably. Does it bother me? Not at all.

Well it is pretty realistic that after a while of this random and pointless torture she would come to hate you.

Not necessarily... the psychology is more complex than that. Stockholm Syndrome and etc.

Stockholm Syndrome only happens sometimes and the circumstances that tend to cause it arent involved in this situation. Stockholm Syndrom is not something anywhere near universal.

I had many UI bugs with her where the shock collar would appear even though I had taken it off - I submitted several tickets on it. In cut scenes or sometimes just running around.

I read somewhere it was an issue if you didn't use a customization, but I'm not sure.

As others have noted, though - you can't advance her story when she's a slave. She -really- hates that collar.

^ sadist

You say that like its a bad thing >.>

I mean really with some of the other stuff you can do in this game as a Sith, housebreaking a slave isnt that bad.

Fun Fact:

The Smuggler companion Risha and Vette were childhood friends, they both make references early on in their story dialogs. I thought it was pretty neat.

Edited by Achromatis

You say that like its a bad thing >.>

Because it is. If you don't take the collar off, you simply do not deserve the rest of her story. Learn to live with it. Your character isn't the one who is the sadist, it is YOU the player who is.

Edited by MouseNoFour

I remember reading in the data files pre-release that there were quests related to the whole slave line. I saw it myself, and though my memory is fuzzy, given the names of the quests, it does seem like this quest shouldn't just end where some players are saying they've gotten too.

They were titled things like "Defiant", "Pleading", "Desperate", "Acceptance", "A Slave Forever". Makes me think maybe the stuff past the point where the quest ends now isn't working or requires you to get further into the game.

I also got up to around Tatooine, and still had interactions with her as a slave. Though after a certain point it started repeating earlier quest lines under new quest names, which lead me to believe it wasn't finished or was bugged at the time. That was an old beta test, though.

The game itself tells you that you can keep her as a slave, and "mold her to your will". Albeit in a creepy, blood-filled quest that has a possibly insane sage giving you that information.

Not that that wouldn't make your character an evil, evil, person. But then, you are playing a Sith, and assuming you're willing to keep slaves, your character is probably evil by default.

Edited by Radiatonia

Because it is. If you don't take the collar off, you simply do not deserve the rest of her story. Learn to live with it. Your character isn't the one who is the sadist, it is YOU the player who is.

Well if you free her isn't that going against a Sith Warriors principles. She is your slave you are above her in every since of the manner. Why should I release her from her bonds I am above her.

Now don't mix this with RL. Slavery is just plain wrong but in this role she is just a tool...

Well if you free her isn't that going against a Sith Warriors principles. She is your slave you are above her in every since of the manner. Why should I release her from her bonds I am above her.

Now don't mix this with RL. Slavery is just plain wrong but in this role she is just a tool...

Well yeah you can still use her, you may have noticed though that most tools dont talk to you.

i've read in 2 sites that even with the collar on you can go to romance option with her...

so whats the truth? you can? or cant?

i lick my lips to the idea you can go in bed with her and while being "one" give both of you a jolt..

Ow what a joy!

again whats so bad about that. I would love to corrupt veta into a sex-slave corrupted individual.

Does that make me bad? :eek: