PvP Power Leveling Bug? Rumor?

Later

Yea man.... we told them all throughout beta that the game was to easy....but the few that cried it was hard won over the majority who were satisfied with the challenge.... the game isnt challenging at all until 50 when you try world bosses meant for 1 raid, but takes 2-3 raids (due to gear contraints).

If they dont do something like they should have yesterday when we first pointed outthe exploiting @ 10am ... they will lose the game for themselves...

I love the game and want it to succeed but it cant if poorly managed.

EA is notorious for ruining games and gaming cmopanies... I pray that SR stands up and does the right thing, that Mark Jacobs was never able to.

They are using exploits to cheat their way..... when a mmo gets leveling advantages to quick.... the economy is ruined as well as if its a pvp game...the pvp is ruined.

This has been proven time and time again in f2p and p2p mmo games. If you cross over to other genre of games to fps... you find the same to be true... when halo 2 was released you had people exploiting to lvl 20 within 6 hours of release playing against other hardcore non exploiters that pushed hard for level 6... 6v20 ... it was obvious....

you take that into perspective and you find that this game is ruined on all pvp servers where exploiting has taken place since the level ranges of BG are so wide. PVP gear advantages win games as proven in Rift and Warhammer...keep going to any pvp game and where there is pvp gear, the higher levels ruin servers by dominating...

What was done was exploiting BG for fast EXP...now the first day people including myself on another account... have a distinct advantage and can farm items for crafting and selling to dominate the economy, or we can pvp and harass levelers to slow down the game, while obtaining a higher advantage.

People want fair gaming, a fair chance... and people hate cheaters... thats why the issue of using the reccount program was fought so hard... people dont like 3rd party apps becasue it invites cheating and botting. Instead we have exp exploiting which has ruined the starter servers.

I hope they do the rollbacks and admit there was a problem.. I want this game to last

This isnt a pvp game though, its a pve game. PvP in tor is an afterthought mate. The so called world pvp is non existent. You just roll around an hit someone an they call that pvp.

BG's are pve based since it's just a farming oversize, as bgs always are.

Bioware are not going to ban anyone or roll back anything because they want all the good advertizing they can get.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isnt a pvp game though, its a pve game. PvP in tor is an afterthought mate. The so called world pvp is non existent. You just roll around an hit someone an they call that pvp.

BG's are pve based since it's just a farming oversize, as bgs always are.

Bioware are not going to ban anyone or roll back anything because they want all the good advertizing they can get.

as much as i hate to admit it the fact that BW NEEDS some good advertising at this time is a no doubt.

i don't know what is going to happen but i have to wonder how many people are pulling their hair out over this launch and whether it would change any of their decisions.

The ease at which people can level will reduce the lifespan of the game. The credits and gear issued through pvp activity will undermine the economy and player crafters, which will compound the situation.

If BW/EA are looking to maximize unit sales and minimize retention, then they are doing everything exactly right. My understanding is that they need a significant number of these players to play beyond a year to break even, however, and so in the long run their strategy seems inefficient.

ITT: Players who took advantage of known exploit desperately trying to justify it so they don't get banned/reset.

Sorry guys. If you've been blatantly exploiting your character is, at the very least, getting reset with a possible banhammer.

Thanks for playing.

See ya :)

I don't believe the failed 2 min ques giving ANY, let alone FULL XP and comms is "working as intended"....therefore is definitely an exploit. It wouldn't matter that the server is underpopulated for whatever reason. All an underpopulated server should do is cause numerous failed ques (2 mins each) and should not give you anything. You didn't actually join a match. Once a match does start, it typically lasts 15-20 mins. So earning 7k EXP plus comms over 20 mins is fine...whereas sitting in 10, 2 min long failed ques, earning 70k exp over that same 20 mins IS NOT FINE.

This is not the full update, yet - I'd like Gabe Amatangelo to weigh in. There is one important thing to note, however.

No-one is 'exploiting' this aspect of the game. We have looked at the metrics across every server, and no-one is earning an unusual amount of experience from PvP Warzones. In fact, when looking at the top-level players in the entire game, they are gaining XP fastest from completing quests. Also as of this morning, our top player on all servers was not in the 30-40 level range. They probably are now, but then they've been playing a lot - and gaining the bulk of their XP from normal quests.

In other words, whoever started this rumor was either confused or deliberately trying to start confusion.

Like I said, I'm tracking down Gabe to talk more about how Warzone XP is allocated and the design decisions behind it. Right now, however, we do not see this as an exploit. In simple terms, a player can gain more XP in the same period of time from normal play than from doing this.

More when I track down Gabe and nail him to a keyboard.

My biggest concern here is that you seem to be saying that you know there will be a number of people at or close to L50 before some pre-ordered customers are even allowed to join the pre-order play period. My concern is not so much how those people got to that level, but the perception of lack of fair play that this creates, especially on pvp servers. I also have some concerns that an influx of pvp gear will damage the demand for player crafted goods in the virtual economy.

I see that the servers show relatively low loads, I am guessing the issue is that what load there is is still concentrated in the newbie areas such that the player concentrations are higher than the server loads imply?

This is not the full update, yet - I'd like Gabe Amatangelo to weigh in. There is one important thing to note, however.

No-one is 'exploiting' this aspect of the game. We have looked at the metrics across every server, and no-one is earning an unusual amount of experience from PvP Warzones. In fact, when looking at the top-level players in the entire game, they are gaining XP fastest from completing quests. Also as of this morning, our top player on all servers was not in the 30-40 level range. They probably are now, but then they've been playing a lot - and gaining the bulk of their XP from normal quests.

In other words, whoever started this rumor was either confused or deliberately trying to start confusion.

Like I said, I'm tracking down Gabe to talk more about how Warzone XP is allocated and the design decisions behind it. Right now, however, we do not see this as an exploit. In simple terms, a player can gain more XP in the same period of time from normal play than from doing this.

Ok and what about the recommendations and credits earned in 2 minutes instead 20-30 minutes ? Were they lowered down or the same ? Maybe ask Gabe about that too if possible. Thanks.

Edited by Poolerzeus

My biggest concern here is that you seem to be saying that you know there will be a number of people at or close to L50 before some pre-ordered customers are even allowed to join the pre-order play period. My concern is not so much how those people got to that level, but the perception of lack of fair play that this creates, especially on pvp servers. I also have some concerns that an influx of pvp gear will damage the demand for player crafted goods in the virtual economy.

I see that the servers show relatively low loads, I am guessing the issue is that what load there is is still concentrated in the newbie areas such that the player concentrations are higher than the server loads imply?

Unless you level as fast as they do, you'd end up having to compete with level 50s anyway while you leveled. And if you do level as fast as they do, you'll catch up and get to 50 yourself in a few days anyway.

I think whoever it is that preordered Day 1 to get Day 1 early access, and has played enough in 36 hours to be level 30-40 probably is one of the most dedicated fans of the game. And since one of the points of early access was to reward the most dedicated fans, I don't see a problem here.

Hey Super Genius Stephen Reid ... which is easier to macro?

this is not the full update, yet - i'd like gabe amatangelo to weigh in. There is one important thing to note, however.

No-one is 'exploiting' this aspect of the game. We have looked at the metrics across every server, and no-one is earning an unusual amount of experience from pvp warzones. In fact, when looking at the top-level players in the entire game, they are gaining xp fastest from completing quests. Also as of this morning, our top player on all servers was not in the 30-40 level range. They probably are now, but then they've been playing a lot - and gaining the bulk of their xp from normal quests.

Like i said, i'm tracking down gabe to talk more about how warzone xp is allocated and the design decisions behind it. Right now, however, we do not see this as an exploit. In simple terms, a player can gain more xp in the same period of time from normal play than from doing this.

More when i track down gabe and nail him to a keyboard.

paaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

How can Bioware make an MMORG game and within 2 days, people are hitting between levels 30 and 40 all ready?

Come on guys sort the difficulty out ffs!

Not only are 50% of the population not even in the game yet, but these people who started on day one will be level 50 easily by launch day and will be killing everyone trying to level up on the PvP servers???

Dark Age of Camelot had the leveling perfect in the beginning imo! It took on average 25 24hr days to get to level 50!

Now that was an achievement!!!! Not getting to level 50 in 3 days ffs!

This is a bioware game you can play with friends. Its not supposed to be a hardcore MMO that takes weeks of human lives to get to max.

Its about having a good time and enjoying the content they have developed for us, if others want to rush through it that fast, I hope they can report on what comes next, because i'm assuming thats when the ride stops.

How can Bioware make an MMORG game and within 2 days, people are hitting between levels 30 and 40 all ready?

Not only are 50% of the population not even in the game yet, but these people who started on day one will be level 50 easily by launch day and will be killing everyone trying to level up on the PvP servers???

Dark Age of Camelot had the leveling perfect in the beginning imo! It took on average 25 24hr days to get to level 50!

Maybe it's not all about leveling? Why should it be such a grindfest?

Wrong, people might be hitting between 30-40 by now but not because of the WZ

MMO's needs to shift from being max level. beign max level is boring, doing the same boring raiding and boring content again and again.

Max level should be near impossible to get to. like level 99 in diablo 2, if you didn use exp boss farm exploits.

I dont get this woohoo im max level. I suspect as any other MMO, when i hit max level i will unsub, people its too boring. No world events, not enough content.

Look at wow, horrible boring content they say have to last 6-8-10 months ***.

we need to do away with instances away with raids, in with big server events like AQ in World of warcraft. Some big events thats fun, random and engaging.

[snipped stupidity]

Or you could, you know, create your own in game events and have your friends come participate. Make them fun enough for people outside your group of friends to want to come and have a good time.

Basically what you're asking for is for BioWare to do away with traditional Themepark gameplay elements that most people want, replaced with new and untested content that may make the game worse off.

Yea no thanks.

Unless you level as fast as they do, you'd end up having to compete with level 50s anyway while you leveled. And if you do level as fast as they do, you'll catch up and get to 50 yourself in a few days anyway.

This! In all honesty I doubt I'll get much past level 20 after the first weekend, even if I play for the majority of every day (which I won't be able to). People are placing a lot of weight on the assumption that everyone who was invited will be able to play nonstop until launch, but that's such an unrealistic expectation. People will catch up, and even if there are level 50 friends who get to the end and gear up before you, all it means is you'll have less competition for loot once you get there :D

This! In all honesty I doubt I'll get much past level 20 after the first weekend, even if I play for the majority of every day (which I won't be able to). People are placing a lot of weight on the assumption that everyone who was invited will be able to play nonstop until launch, but that's such an unrealistic expectation. People will catch up, and even if there are level 50 friends who get to the end and gear up before you, all it means is you'll have less competition for loot once you get there :D

This! Amen to that!:cool: