Does Elite War Hero make much of a difference?

xCyberpunkx

I'm full War Hero right now, but it doesn't look like the stats for Elite are that much more impressive. The jump from Recruit to War Hero was noticable, but I'm wondering if it's even worth picking up the Elite War Hero or to keep augmenting my current set. Edited by xCyberpunkx
Misspelling

I'm full War Hero right now, but it doesn't look like the stats for Elite are that much more impressive. The jump from Recruit to War Hero was noticable, but I'm wondering if it's even worth picking up the Elite War Hero or to keep augmenting my current set.

Upgrade stuff like relics first. But it's not really worth it if you're already min/max WH gear.

Having to RE min/max since of course the stats are completely jacked sounds like more trouble than it's worth. Especially considering I've used mods and enhancements from several different classes. Like most I'll do it as it comes along but it's definitely NOT a priority.

So far I've only bought a few pieces and have used one item modification from each. Simply just to keep from jacking up my stats.

Sure... a piece might have +1 crit vs the war hero piece.... but I already switched out the crit mod like 6 months ago for MOAR POWAH!!!!

Just as an example of why it shouldn't be a priority.... Most of the pieces will hurt my stats more than help them at this point until I gather more pieces.

I'm full War Hero right now, but it doesn't look like the stats for Elite are that much more impressive. The jump from Recruit to War Hero was noticable, but I'm wondering if it's even worth picking up the Elite War Hero or to keep augmenting my current set.

No, which is why I advise any new level 50 with stored up ranked comms to make their life easier and convert them to regular comms.

As a dps it makes a difference, especially in pvp because of the damage bonus % from expertise, even more so on classes that use weapon damage.

As a healer, not so much. Because after trauma and a lesser % of healing from expertise, the 3% increase or whatever, doesn't mean that much.

Personally I'm just casually getting the elite war hero gear. The armorings are slightly better which is nice but nothing screams "hey you better hardcore grind this out"

Personally what I'm doing is grinding alts to 50 or gearing current ones with WH. I love the way they are doing the gear, it makes having lots of alts geared for PvP possible. I have a 46 sentinel about to hit 50 and soon as he does and gets geared w/ full WH it's time to grind out a mercenary healer!