Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not true. FYI I have toons on all 3. I'm not trying to be right I'm simply stating the obvious. Why do you think when you goto server selection like I just did now. GD is the only one on standard for population density when the other two are light.

What facts are you basing this on? You cannot merely dismiss a post that outlines numbers and data as incorrect without provide conflicting numbers or data.

You cannot be right as you cannot proove yourself right, all the above is, is a flimsy statement that has no context or substance of truth to it, other than reputation of your word.

And considering i have never seen your name around discussions like this, its not looking bright.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to make sure you were all aware that we have definitely not forgot about the APAC server concerns that all of you have. We are still very actively looking at all possible solutions and I will make sure that you are updated as soon as I have more information!

-eric

Sorry Eric but this isn't good enough.

How about providing us with a time frame on when a decision and action will be made by Bioware?

Bioware have had more then ample time by now to address this issue, yet alone come up with a solution. It's honestly pathetic how slow you've moved.

Its been months since Bioware acknowledged this issue. To date all you've done imho is string us on. No real information, no updates for months, no feedback as to what you're considering, no time frame by which action will be taken, nothing.

I honestly don't give a crap that you're 'aware of it', I want a time frame for resolution.

I'm about >< close to cancelling my sub for the second time. Absolutely pathetic how long it seems to take Bioware to do anything proactive for their community.

Edited by ikioi

I consider myself a reasonable person with realistic expectations and a balanced perspective. But this is not acceptable customer communication or serivce. If I ignored my clients like this, I wouldn't have a business and my reputation would be destroyed. Im praying that Elder scrolls provide a better alternative this year, I really hope they nail that game as I want a better option than this.

I have given Bioware more than enough time to address these problems and I will abandon all the work and effort I have gone through in developing and gearing all my characters in a heartbeat when that better option comes along, luckily for you all the alternatives IMO are terrible at the moment, but that will change and no amount of cartel coins, or aesthetically appealing distractions will keep me playing this sad excuse for an MMORPG.

Gamer's have very long memories, the way we have been treated will not be forgotten

Not true. FYI I have toons on all 3. I'm not trying to be right I'm simply stating the obvious. Why do you think when you goto server selection like I just did now. GD is the only one on standard for population density when the other two are light.

I have no toons on MDN, but I have a 50 sorceress on Gav Daragon, and a 40-something sage on Dalborra. The sage can get a Warzone pop within five minutes during 'peak' hours, while I can log in my Imperial and...sit there. For a long time. Upwards of an hour. At peak time. No warzones.

Level might have something to do with it, but Gav Daragon consistently has one Fleet instance with maybe 20 to 25 people, whereas Dalborra easily has four times that many people (although also only one instance). I've pretty much given up on my sorceress. Gav Daragon is dying, and from what I can pick apart, MDN is even worse - I'm glad I made that sage when I did. But Dalborra will go the same direction, I'm sure, because EAWare doesn't seem to be overly concerned with the APAC servers in any fashion.

But Dalborra will go the same direction, I'm sure, because EAWare doesn't seem to be overly concerned with the APAC servers in any fashion.

Eh think they would just prefer to cop flack about server population issues from us rather than from the US and EU players. I remember how bad the forums were back before they had their merges. In the end they make more money off them than us. Heaven forbid we get a superserver too and show them up.

I too have lost a lot of faith in bioware and how they treat us, but theres no star wars game like this....

I just dont see why they havnt acted already. Ther's really no excuse. F2P, i can kinda accept, but the server pop has been low for ages, not to mention f2p has been out for awhile now. what;'s the deal bioware? Expansions on PTS, but our servers are still left behind.

Te excuse that bioware will provide and i mean excuse not reason, will never rectify my faith and respect for bioware. The guild im in has alreayd lost valuable friends and players, simply beucase bioware is leaving us behind. I dont know how long i can keep going like this. And like the friends ive made in this game and many other people on these servers, i will eventually leave.

Priority wise, feels like APACs on the bottom of the list.

Edited by ZinBladez

http://www.torstatus.net/master-darnala/history/7d#!/master-darnala/history/7d

Reminds me of pre 1.2 situation...

The server is basically empty.

Thats a nice site. Check out the population of APAC servers at Mar, Apr and May of 2012 though. They were basically sitting on heavy to very heavy all the time.

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/apac

And the population were all subscribers not f2p back then too.

Edited by Amlici

Just created a thread but I want to add what I said here...

Jagex puts bioware to shame

On the 20th of November Jagex brought out the new update Evolution of Combat. After a few weeks the players didn't like it, they liked the old one better so after some forum posts and complaints Jagex decided to create a poll to see if there were enough people then they would release a 2007 version of runescape depending on the amount of people who vote for the new server. 2 weeks later they closed the polls and it was decided that the new(old) server will be released. People expected it to be release at the end of march but instead was release about 1or2 weeks later on the 22nd of February. Time it took from release date(not from the date the issue was brought up) was 3months

On the 20th of September Chippy create the 'APAC server concerns' thread (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=534412) it is by far the biggest thread on the swtor forums had the most views and most replies and til this day the closest you have gotten to a result is asking us for our opinions and dragged us on. It's just *********** sad that a game like runescape can work out better than swtor with its customers. You can really tell that it doesn't matter how **** a game is, the success comes from good management (if you haven't realized yet - I hate runescape with a passion but it is a very successful game.

It has been 5months now and I hope you're not sitting in your office wondering why your game sucks... Nope the cartel market didn't fix it, the ****** pvp in ilum didn't fix it and let's see how this new planet goes - yeah you got extra $$ in your pocket from it but that won't keep us playing.

THE GAME IS GOOD! IT'S JUST THE PEOPLE RUNNING IT THAT MAKES IT BAD

Disgraceful customer service. Actually to call it customer service is a total joke, since all we have received have been pathetic stalling tactics. Like many others I give up, it's not worth the time and trouble and and in no way is it worth giving these clowns money. Edited by jahdur

"Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns"

Wondering about the status "Concerns". I am sure we have well passed the "Concerns" stage and went through a few other stages. Seeing Fustration, Disappointment, Disbelieve in several feedbacks.

Five stages in the Kübler-Ross model are: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance.

Is it time for acceptance?

Edited by Banegio

Think we are still at the anger/bargaining stage but there is no one to bargain with because no one will talk to us

Edit: which I just realized that it takes us to the depression stage haha

Edited by Obirayy

What really suck in this matter is the total absence of comunication from BioWare.

I can understand and even cope with the fact that they need to organize lot's of things for a hypothetical server merge or transfer,but at least wouldn't be fair and respectful to post in time to time just a few words about the progression of this issue?

I think BioWare made and it's still making a great game,and of course i thank them for all the new content that they already added and will add in the future,but this lack of comunication with his APAC comunity is really sad and frustrating.

I'm not even on the Apac/Oceanic side, but I feel sorry for you all. The level of non-customer service in this thread by a major corporation is disgusting. It's not like it's that hard to pop in every few days and give an update, even if minuscule...lord knows they respond with the most non-helpful bs in just about every other thread. There is craptastic customer service and then there is this. So again, I know I can't do anything but damn I feel for you all.

Just checking in to say thanks for not forgetting us Bioware and thanks for all the real information about the process and what's happening with the APAC servers. I mean you could have just cut and paste meaningless crap and basically ignored us but no, so cheers. /S