Does SWTOR have GM's?

Klarick

I've never seen one in game or seen one post in any chat (i.e. General chat). General chat has become extremely bad ever since FTP went live. The starting planets are even worse. At anytime you can go to a starting planet and see racial slurs, sexual comments, and other immature conversation constantly. I play many MMO's and can honestly say that SWTOR chat is far worse than even WoW trade chat, or even the old barrens chat.

It is time for something to be done about this Bioware. I have reported people, left and right, for slurs and other inappropriate conversations. I would mention them specifically, but they are so vulgar and some filled with such racial hatred that I choose not.

I think I know the answer to my question, and sadly it is no -- that you do not have GM's. If you did there is no way that this problem could have ever become so bad.

TL/DR:

Time to hire a GM and start cleaning up the starting world and General chats.

Make a new chat channel, remove general and move on

Its like complaining about whats on the TV with the remote in your hand and refusing to change the channel

Oh I see. So just ignore the fact that SWTOR has a huge community control problem?

I've never seen one in game or seen one post in any chat (i.e. General chat). General chat has become extremely bad ever since FTP went live. The starting planets are even worse. At anytime you can go to a starting planet and see racial slurs, sexual comments, and other immature conversation constantly. I play many MMO's and can honestly say that SWTOR chat is far worse than even WoW trade chat, or even the old barrens chat.

I don't know what servers you play on with both games, but my goodness that isn't true. It's mostly the same. I've never seen a GM pop into WoW chat in 7 years either. People that trolled General on my server are still there after YEARS.

Report, Ignore, and move on.

They'll never get all that stuff out of chat and odds are that even when they do take action against someone, it won't be immediate.

I'm not saying that bad behavior should just be ignored because you should definitely submit a ticket if you're being harassed, but they've also given you a tool to remove that person from your chat visibility and you're expected to use it if you're bothered by what's being said.