KOTOR 3 vs. SW:TOR

Gantoris_Aym

To quote a produce, SW:TOR is like KOTOR 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 10, one for each class. That would not have been really possible for a RPG, because they wouldn't have been able to cover the cost, an MMO in this case is ironically and as rare as it is, a safer investment.

And don't hate on the comp.

Yeah I read that article too, but I still want KOTOR 3, and I don't wanna hate on the comp, but I just felt like the MMO is for certain people and that it kind of screws over the Star Wars fans who can't afford/don't want to pay a monthly fee to indulge their imagination. Besides, what big Star wars games do we have to look forward to? I'm 20...so the likelihood of me caring about Cartoon Network's "the clone wars" isn't gunna happen (especially not for their video games).

I still want TOR here, but I did want KOTOR 3. I mean, this has nothing to do with the computer for me. All my KOTOR games have been on the computer anyways. I just know that there was a plan for KOTOR 3 and the fact they cancelled it was a shame. The Old Republic game and books have done a good job in tying the events that took place in the previous games together rather well, but I imagine that there was an original plan in place with a third game to do tha. Besides, lets face it, Star Wars has proven that things are best done in trilogies.

I want Kotor 3. I don't like the Swtor story. I was always a fan of the Kotor story. MMO and story telling just don't seem to go together very well. It's like I spent 80% of my time grinding and then when I'm finally strong enough to continue my class quest I forget what the class story is because the last time I played the class quest was days ago.

I guess what I'm saying is that Swtor is still ultimately an MMO. Kotor fans won't really be happy with the story content of this game. I still hope they make another Kotor. Although I don't see the point of making it about Revan since we all know what happened to him already.

Edited by nipleberry