Dear Bioware, You must do...ASAP. Wall of text, sorry.

i started writing something and deleted it. your all trolls, and now i am.

the game is what it is. you want something made your way? get 300million in startup capital, recruit an army of designers and game makers and artists and put out your own dam game.

OP you are beyond arrogant to state "this is how it is, this is how it absolutely must be" and i hope to god you do get bored after a week and go back to wow cause i dont want you here.

ive been rushing my first toon, and i cant wait to roll the next, and i cant wait to actually SEE endgame raiding and gear and crafting before i get into a forum post, tell everyone how wrong all these things that really no one has seen are, and i just cant wait.

i like the game the way it is. you dont have to, but you dont have to play either.

so go right now and get your preorder money back. im not playing WoW anymore, so i dont want WoW forums with WoW trolls.

and i killed your dog and buried it in my back yard. there, now im a troll too

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont agree much what OP said but he has point too.

I like the game way it is. Stories are really good, and I could see myself spending very long time going through all of quests and story lines with one character.

However, when I start to think would I read all the stories with another character with diffrent I notice I propably wouldn't right away. I'd love to do it, but I think it will probably take ages.

So when I arrive finally on that level 50 I think I'd like to stick there for a long and have bit different focus than the stories. I wouldn't mind heavy raiding.

Something to keep people playing together.

So, instead of enjoying the story, you rushed through the game, and now you noticed that you are running out of game. Sorry, I will not shed a tear for you. You made the choice to skip past/rush through the majority of the game; this is a problem of your own creation, so deal with the consequences.

Its an mmo for the socializing as well. I mean I agree with the whole solo leveling thing, but how about you take a new lvl 1 under your wing and show them the ropes. Its like playing the game again and it will be more fun with 2 people seeing how different it is rather than 1. Imagine how fun it would be to see a different class story through the eyes of your character, along with the company of a new friend. Players in this game exceed companions. you get bored with companions quickly and can only talk to them occasionally but with a new apprentice/friend you have a real live person.

I got to lvl 18 with my inquisitor in 3 days. I made a new character cause I knew I was going too fast and so I decided to slow down and enjoy every bit of the story Bioware made for us.

When is this supposed to happen? I'm only level 16 so far and I've hit Balmorra, but I haven't found this to be the case at all so far. I've been finding myself doing all the quests in an area (maybe skipping a few group quests, but basically doing every single solo quest) and I barely am leveled enough to finish my story quest. In fact, I'm usually at least one level under my final story quest for the area. I am at the very minimum level to go to Balmorra even after pretty much clearing the last zone I was in. So I'm kind of concerned if this is going to be a continuing trend or if there will be more quests in future zones I'm visiting. Thanks. :)

You should look in to the bonus content. And run one or two flashpoints. I've done all the quests, all the heroics, all the bonus quests that pop up, and maybe 2 flashpoints and 3 pvp matches, and I'm 2-3 levels above the story level. I've been at least 1 over since the latter half of the starting planet.

I wouldn't say that anything here needs to be done "ASAP", except that you might want to edit your thread and replace where you stated flashpoints with operations.

Flashpoints are the instances, Operations are the raids. I'm just stating that since it appears from your thread that you have them backwards.

These guilds/players will do their FP's and be locked out the rest of the week. Making it a daily lock will only make things worse. More Flashpoints need to be added asap so as to have 4 or 5 available to run after 3,4 months. They need to in game and ready to play.

Flashpoints do reset daily, not weekly. Considering you have 12 available on each side right now at level 50. As for operations, 2 is great to start out with for launch.

The best gear MUST come from Flashpoints. Period. Chest, Legs, Feet, Head, Gloves, Arms, Weapons...every piece. This of course means Nightmare level being the top.

Again, here you misstated Flashpoints, where I believe you meant Operations.

I am a WoW player from a halfway decent raiding guild - not US top 10 or anything but our "A team" was downing heroics before the last patch. I feel somewhat "qualified" to comment on this type of thing, and I honestly am feeling a little surprised at how fast the progression is and how quickly me and my leveling partner have gotten overleveled. (I think it's more trying to absorb every bit of story possible though!)

We started playing this game for the story and because he was sick of WoW and I was totally burnt out of raiding and looking at 6 months of non-stop Dragon Soul 4 nights a week.

I think the "mindset" of end-game World of Warcraft players is causing all of these complaints more than the content and mechanics of TOR is. At least for me, I am conditioned to do every game operation in the most efficient way possible in order to get where I need to be for my guild. Breaking that habit in a game that honestly doesn't seem to be made to cater to "those people" is extremely difficult after 5-6 years, and results in stuff like... people spacebaring through their first character just to be first to 50, ending up completely overleveled for a planet because habit tells you to do every quest in an area, and even the very idea that "the best gear" can only come from one place.

I'm not saying that outlook is wrong because it served me very well in a game that was made for it. I think us refugees need to take a look at our own gaming habits and what we expect to get out of TOR. If you left WoW because you were sick of raiding, sick of the gear-chasing fast-track cultures, and wanted something different ... why are you trying to make it exactly like what you ran away from? It's a hard habit to break, but I honestly think that the developers want us to, or want people that don't have that mentality already.

I could be completely wrong and this is all just opinion, of course, but do we really want this game to be an exact copy of WoW and create the same issues, why did we leave in the first place? I would like to see TOR go in a different direction with end-game content. I'm not sure what that would be but the market is ready for something different.

I am only level 19 and having a blast. As I level I do a little crafting, exploring, following the great storyline, I really don't know what to tell you, OP except enjoy level 50 grind. Seems to me either you forgot how to adventure in a mmorpg or this is not the game for you.

Lol at a 50 already... Grats to him/her though!

Regarding the OP, you really think the game needs more endgame content already? It does not actually get released for 2 more days you know...

Since we are doing game comparisons though lets look at (that game) WoW:

WoW launched with 2 raids (Operations) (5 if you count Scholomance, UBRS, and Strat which most would not)

SWTOR is launcing with 2 also

WoW had no Battlegrounds (Warzones) at launch

SWTOR is launching with 3

WoW launched with 18 instances (Flashpoints)

SWTOR is launching with 15 but with adjustable difficulty settings.

WoW has not done all that badly now has it? So you really believe that SWTOR needs more LAUNCH content?

Actually MC/BWL if your counting those raids did not occur till a year to two years out from release. UBRS was a 10 man raid same with Scholo/Strat back in the day. That was the only raid content we had till MC came out.

PvP was non-existent unless your did world PvP which was lets sack Xroads! lol. AV was suppose to be in the game come release but it did not show till almost 11 months after release.

Lets not forget that the first level 60 in classic WoW was hit in 10 days after the game released and from his comments, he was not "rushing" ether.

All in all, when you compare the two, BW is bringing their A game to the gamers, it's the gamers that have forgotten their history.

Edited by silverdanta

I would feel totally crappy if All of my crafting ability was only disposable mods and stims at endgame. I much prefer if each crafting skill has a few items that are very hard to make, yet top of the line gear. Otherwise crafting becomes a minor stepping stone and not very worth it in the long run.

Seconded, maybe not the BEST items, but there should be craft-able items that are Operation viable at all difficulty levels, there should be missions that involve a decent risk to get the required materials, say a 90% failure rate, but being a crafter instead of a raider should be viable. Why can't I be a hardcore crafter instead without being a hardcore raider? Is raiding the only MMO activity that is allowed the spotlight?

Anybody who is already level 50 was space barring through quests, speed running, either not getting datacrons or looking up how to get them first, not working on crew skills and playing around learning new recipes through re-engineering, not doing warzones and space missions for fun, etc.

Everybody can have their own playstyle, but if you're only worried about getting to 50 as fast as possible, don't complain about a lack of content. This happens every single time a new MMO launches. Do heroic flashpoints and finish nightmare mode on all the operation bosses at least before you start yearning for new content.

As much as I enjoyed WoW (for a few years) it really was both the best thing and the worst thing that ever happened to this genre of game. Prior to WoW the rush to endgame wasn't really the focus; it was the ride there and then at endgame you found things to do that interested you. Some enjoyed exploring, some enjoyed crafting, some pvp, some instances, some raiding, and some just socializing.

I don't know about EQ, but when I think back to DAoC, there really wasn't much questing in vanilla to get you leveled up quickly. If you wanted to level efficiently you grabbed a party of players and went out and tackled dungeons and the like. Now, thanks to WoW, we have come in to a genre where people rush to the level cap because they can and developers are catering to this. Think back to Vanilla WoW, there was no way to hit 50 as fast as we can in games now. It eventually became possible, but not at launch. But almost everything following vanilla WoW has left a way for the playerbase to ignore the MMO part of the game and simply rush rush rush.

All of this is great for the casual player; they are no longer left in the dust of the hardcore. But in return, it is bad for the hardcore as they don't have that challenge constantly facing them. How does this all get fixed? I don't know to be honest, but leveling needs to slow down in MMO's. I play casually now and I don't want to be level capped in a month. I want to be level capped in 3+ months, but that is me /shrug.

Then again, if leveling were slowed down too much there would probably be an increase in the number of video game related deaths as a lot of idiots seem to be forgoing food/sleep/hygiene in lieu of hitting cap in a few days.

Edited by jasohans

This isn't WoW...Thank you!

This isn't Blizzard...Praise (insert name here)

And this isn't SWG...Good job on not repeating that misstake.

I personally enjoy the story. And I like many don't have the time to play 20+ hours a day. Nor would I want to. Every choice or move I make makes a difference, that is huge for me. Choice in an MMO is new. I'm not just clicking on a quest test, accepting and running off to kill something. I actually know WHY I'm doing it. Why rush? There's too much to enjoy here. I have never been big on end game events.

If you're rushing through this game I feel sorry for you, you are missing A LOT of great stuff. It just doesn't seem smart to skip all this.

So far I think BW has done a great job. If you want more end game go back to WoW. The game hasn't even officially released yet. Be patient. More end game will come when it should. And as long as this game doesn't decline into contant raid raid raid, 'I need my Epic gearz!' it will do just fine by me.

*Slightly off topic*

I see this game doing me even better with breaking up with GF's and killing marriges...I mean if I get hooked again that's what'll happen. All this content...heck I might not care if my GF does a table dance for me...might. Content!

Actually MC/BWL if your counting those raids did not occur till a year to two years out from release. UBRS was a 10 man raid same with Scholo/Strat back in the day. That was the only raid content we had till MC came out.

PvP was non-existent unless your did world PvP which was lets sack Xroads! lol. AV was suppose to be in the game come release but it did not show till almost 11 months after release.

Lets not forget that the first level 60 in classic WoW was hit in 10 days after the game released and from his comments, he was not "rushing" ether.

All in all, when you compare the two, BW is bringing their A game to the gamers, it's the gamers that have forgotten their history.

And do you remember the queues when WoW released? I waited hours and I remember the forums with everyone claiming Blizzard would be bankrupt in a matter of weeks. And don't forget server crashes. Those were near daily at release.

Oh, and if you got NEAR Ironforge, the computer would nearly crash from all the effects being cast!

I am glad someone else actually remembers how it was at release. I especially remember the "arenas" lying around where we were supposed to be able to PvP and watch PvP matches, but they were not ready yet. Later, that concept of PvP was dropped.

Compared with WoW, SWTOR has TONS more content than WoW at release. Seriously. Chill guys. Enjoy the ride, learn the classes, and in a few months they will add a few more instances to play with. In 2 years or so there will be an expansion. Etc. Rushing is no good anyway on your first playthrough guys as you are missing the story, etc., which is pretty good and lots of fun.

im in the early state

but ppl is rly complaning about lack of content and the game is not even out?

LOL

not sure if trolling or just ...

nah.. it cant be serious, for real

If u want to compare wow to SWTOR, get wow launch day against Swtor launch day

i bet you cant even compare that , since swtor crush wow in every aspect

And that coming from a guy who played wow for 6 and half years (to gives you an idea how fan i am , ive traveled 22.000 km to assist to a blizzcon)

yes im a wow fanboy, but this game is much better.

Wow....

from folks whining about not being able to get in to folks whining about the fact that they have leveled too fast and need more content in a week - and all before game launch date

If you are looking for the great grinding hamster wheel of WOW - this is not it

I am sure that Bioware is at least as smart as we are and that they are just as interested in protecting their investment by adding new content

Rift has definitely set the bar for that - but - adding fully voiced and animated quests will also be incrementally more challenging given the high bar set here

Main thing for the folks rushing through this is - dont expect to see a large group all rushing to keep up - the rest of us are enjoying the ride.

Another thread of endless meaningless debates. I'll bite, then I'll watch and laugh.

1. To keep players there will need to be a lot of end game content eventually.

2. To get players there is a massive amount of leveling/rpg content.

3. Top PvP Gear should come from PvP play. This is already in.

4. Top PvE crafted gear should be made out of the top PvE content drops. (Dunno if this is how it works in SWTOR?)

5. Top end PvE drops come from top end content.

6. Why not have PvP mats as PvP rewards to give crafters the ability to craft PvP items?

Time vs Reward, Risk vs Reward, Effort vs Reward. Nobody here knows what they have planned because they aren't telling. I guarantee there will be more end game content eventually or they wouldn't have bothered with the who damn Ops system. There will be more PvP content too. FFS just play the game and watch it evolve. I have a Lv 27 Powertech, and a Lv 12 Sorceror. Fun times.

what amuses me is the people complain about more of the same, but when they realize that its not more of the same, instead of enjoying the game for what it is - they DEMAND more of the same. why?

Because they are all lambs... they follow the leader.

They need mods to make the game easier...

They need macros so they don't have to actually play...

They need more content because they failed to read or listen to any of the dialog and missed all the story...

WHY?

Because they play WOW for a living.

This is not WOW and we don't want WOW or I would be over there playing and not reading your dismal postings.

im in the early state

but ppl is rly complaning about lack of content and the game is not even out?

LOL

not sure if trolling or just ...

nah.. it cant be serious, for real

If u want to compare wow to SWTOR, get wow launch day against Swtor launch day

i bet you cant even compare that , since swtor crush wow in every aspect

And that coming from a guy who played wow for 6 and half years (to gives you an idea how fan i am , ive traveled 22.000 km to assist to a blizzcon)

yes im a wow fanboy, but this game is much better.

Play less WOW, learn better grammar.

It amazes me when the minority complain about content. I have been playing for 4 days now and am happy as heck I am lvl 14. You (hard core gamers as you call yourself) play non stop for 22 hour spans then complain about content. All I can tell you is to get a life. I do love this game thus far and that is why outside of having a life will take my time with it and enjoy the char. progression and story. Just always remember for every self proclaimed hard core RAID gamer there are 100 other casual gamers who are just fine getting a couple of levels per week. So please do go elsewhere as not all of us enjoy trying to find massive groups to RAID with.

And do you remember the queues when WoW released? I waited hours and I remember the forums with everyone claiming Blizzard would be bankrupt in a matter of weeks. And don't forget server crashes. Those were near daily at release.

Oh, and if you got NEAR Ironforge, the computer would nearly crash from all the effects being cast!

I am glad someone else actually remembers how it was at release. I especially remember the "arenas" lying around where we were supposed to be able to PvP and watch PvP matches, but they were not ready yet. Later, that concept of PvP was dropped.

Compared with WoW, SWTOR has TONS more content than WoW at release. Seriously. Chill guys. Enjoy the ride, learn the classes, and in a few months they will add a few more instances to play with. In 2 years or so there will be an expansion. Etc. Rushing is no good anyway on your first playthrough guys as you are missing the story, etc., which is pretty good and lots of fun.

/seconded. Or thirded, as the case may be here.

It's amazing just how rose-tinted the goggles get when people look back at games.

In a sence though the OP even though has got to Lvl 50 has only done 1/8th of the game if you count in the storlines from the other classes

To complain that there is not enough content is maddening if you have simply rushed the game and not enjoyed all the cut scenes

The problem is to many players have the WOW mentality and to be honest i never even read the quests just clicked accept and followed the directions when playing WOW and just skip all the cutscenes

SWTOR is about Lore and Story too many games now a days miss this out and can be finished in 8 hours or so which when your paying £40 is stupid

I would suggest start the other Storylines, dont skip the cut scenes and enjoy the ride.

I am level 38. Others have gotten higher and that is fine and good for us and maybe not for others. But we also have been playing basically non stop. That is just us.

I have played 2 days 14 hours according to the /played check you have in game. That is 62 hours of game time. I am level 38 others I have seen at 46-50 already. Lets say they have played constantly so 125 hours.

Interesting... did you skip all the nice voice acting? I skipped all the nice voice acting of Korriban and Dromund Kas because I have seen this in the beta. It took me like 8 Hours to play through this. After that... i watched every cutscene, listened to every story and I'm only 31... and I literally rushed through the first 31 lvls to get my legacy name... (and I got Early Access on the 2nd wave of the 13th ;) )

I think there is enough content to see... even without operations... and those damned "World First"-LvL guys/girls... just destroy the overall experience of every MMO since WoW introduced this stupid achievement and tracking-system...

Its the worst thing ever... I hated to rush through the lvls just to be part of "raids" and be one of the first to experience this... but I was young and naive... now I'm older and wiser. I understand that playing through a MMO within a week is NOT the WAY ITS MEANT TO BE PLAYED!

Everyone who is Now Max LVL thinks that TOR is another WOW, but its not ;) its more... its better and its STAR WARS... Quality before Quantity.

I loved wow, but now its just content burning... rush through the content and be the first to beat it... that's not a game anymore... and please stop doing it to TOR as well...

Edited by Hirogen