Starting to endgame

As guilds begin to start getting guild mates to level 50 I want to get our endgame game plan in order. A few questions to you all:

1) What operations are available and in what order "should" they be done?

2) Does gear drop or do tokens drop on bosses?

3) About how much time are guilds spending on these bosses? I know each guild is different with effectiveness but hearing both spectrum would be cool.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can provide insight into this.

Here is my quick guide that will help -

1) For gear the easier way for everyone is to do PVP daily and weeklies. You get bags and from those bags you get tokens and chance for gear drop. The drop rate is very high and you can easily gear yourself up for raid in 2-3 days. You can also buy that bag by running warzones with reg tokens. 800 reg tokens will fetch you 1 bag which is like running 8-10 times. Not bad at all.

Getting gear from Hard mode flashpoints is also good but honestly it takes much more time and coordination and repair bills. But if you can find people run it. I personally only run when I can find group otherwise pvp all the way which is also fun.

2) Eternity vault is super duper easy on regular difficulty and poses a challenge on hard more only if you dont have enough dps.

From Bosses you get Tokens for exchanging gear, schematics and mats. I personally didn't see any "gear drop" but I might be wrong. Others please confirm. Also bosses drop a lot of stuff so that your team will gets geared even faster.

So get the basic gear and get your ***** to eternity vault. Bosses are faceroll so long as you dont stand in fire and know how to avoid things and follow simple mechanics. You can easily 1-2 shot every boss (yes every boss).

Time spend - To give you rough idea, I did heroic EV yesterday and it felt as if we are doing easy mode (easier than regular mode). This was my first ever time in EV.

After that I pugged only last boss of reg Ev and we one shotted it.

So like I said, follow the very basic rules. These are introductory raids meant for everyone to clear them with minimum effort.

Good luck and sorry for bad English and typing :)

Edited by Yummymango

I just hit 50 a few days ago so I am in the same boat. The best way to gear up is to make sure you get as many good items as you can from Corellia and Ilum. Also run Hard Mode BT, its ridiculously easy, drops some decent loot, and drops crafting material for more purple items. In between that stuff run PvP.

The only other Hard Mode I have experience with so far is False Emperor, it's more difficult than BT, but not terribly so. You just have to be on top of the mechanics (although make sure you have some good dps for HK, we had to finish him off while enraged, so it got a little hairy!).

I run a raid group with 5 friends and our initial plan right now is to gear ourselves up through PvP commendations, running organized Warzones and capping our Mercenary and Warzone

commendations. With these, we'll buy champion bags at 50 and farm hard flashpoints along with clearing normal EV and KP our first week.

When we deem it acceptable, we plan on going into hard mode operations the following week and progressing while doing hard mode flashpoints on the side along with PvP.

It all starts at level 10 :p

Edited by TheHurriquake