Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

I'm guessing you are serious, but your post could be considered trolling :p

I am asking seriously. I'm not sure where else would be a good thread to ask.

I'm looking for a West Coast server where there is a good population of Oceanic timezone players, because I've tried connecting to the official APAC servers and they give me uncomfortable latency.

(I've played WOW with about 230ms, and LOTRO with about 290ms, so I'm very used to the "feeling" that a West Coast server's 250ish ms feels like. The APAC servers are on average 450-550ms for me, it completely throws my rhythm off. I'm playing from Singapore.)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for a West Coast server where there is a good population of Oceanic timezone players, because I've tried connecting to the official APAC servers and they give me uncomfortable latency.

(I've played WOW with about 230ms, and LOTRO with about 290ms, so I'm very used to the "feeling" that a West Coast server's 250ish ms feels like. The APAC servers are on average 450-550ms for me, it completely throws my rhythm off. I'm playing from Singapore.)

He isn't lying, I was in the same boat (I play from Singapore as well), our latency is pretty crappy when we try to connect to the Asia Pacific servers. For my case, I have to use WTFast to bring the latency down from around 400ms to about 150ms (costs a bit of money tho...). Even then, there are frequent lag spikes...

I can get similar pings as well on the US west coast server, so it is pretty tempting for me to start playing there. The only thing stopping me, however, is that I have built up my characters on Master D, and wouldn't want to give up on my legacy perks/buffs.

I don't think F2P is going to boost the population by much on our server, but hey I've been wrong before, so here's to hoping.

I can only comment on the harbringer

It has constantly large population around the clock. Even when it says the server is light during US off peak which is apac peak it easily has three times the population online, if not more.

From what I hear the bastion has less of a population but still far greater than APAC

I can only comment on the harbringer

It has constantly large population around the clock. Even when it says the server is light during US off peak which is apac peak it easily has three times the population online, if not more.

From what I hear the bastion has less of a population but still far greater than APAC

I agree with this statement as after waiting for nearly 2hrs for HM FP to pop on Dalborra i switched to The Harbinger (where i 1st started) at about 9pm AEST there were 150 on Tython (1) and (2) was full, by 11.30pm was down to 100 with 1 instance.

Was averaging 180 - 250 latency with minimal lag on abilities (compared to initial release of game)

Loaded onto fleet at bout 8.30am AEST this morning as were 200-250 on fleet (1), (2) wasn't full and had less lag running around station (not usual stop/start jerkiness) then on Dalborra atm prob due to new High pop server tech compared to older tech we have on APAC servers atm :(

Am using a 4-5yr old PC with all settings on lowest and other than much higher ping (300+ on fleet) game is running ok for me

In a thread about the troubles in the APAC servers and how to maintain the community you are asking about the US servers. TO me that's like popping into a thread about abstinence and asking where the nearest brothel is :d_tongue:

Yes and you get abused for being in-character as an RPer. I've rolled an alt on Dalborra, it was not a pleasant experience.

Of course it wouldn't be an issue with cross server queues which is still my preferred solution. If not that, transfers to servers of choice (US RP), but NOT a server merge.

People abuse you for anything, it's a common thing everywhere, don't let it bother you so much, just /ignore them and move on.

In all honesty, I'd love being put into a group with an RPer, would make me thinking of my characters history and biographies less of a waste of time. Haha.

People abuse you for anything, it's a common thing everywhere, don't let it bother you so much, just /ignore them and move on.

In all honesty, I'd love being put into a group with an RPer, would make me thinking of my characters history and biographies less of a waste of time. Haha.

I may not RP but i do enjoy reading some of the chats by those that do, those that are abusive to those that enjoy it are usually childish people that have nothing better to do than troll others fun.

Unfortunatly I have seen this on many servers but especially when someone asks a simple question and they get torn apart by grumpy trolls who have to make comment on everything /ignore is your friend :)

I may not RP but i do enjoy reading some of the chats by those that do, those that are abusive to those that enjoy it are usually childish people that have nothing better to do than troll others fun.

Word. I'd much rather listen to RP chat than some of the foul-mouthed ranting that passes for General Chat these days.

Of course, having a dedicated RP channel would solve a lot of the problems.

Dalborra population seems good, I just don't want this type of thread pushing them to closing the APAC servers and leaving us with horrible ping to the US again. This is one of the only MMOs that has been nice enough to give us local servers, don't scare them away.

Dalborra population seems good, I just don't want this type of thread pushing them to closing the APAC servers and leaving us with horrible ping to the US again. This is one of the only MMOs that has been nice enough to give us local servers, don't scare them away.

A small part of me wants them to close the APAC servers so I can finally force myself to play a different game. Whenever I want to play a video game, bham, TOR. I don't even know why, it's just the goto game for me right now, it has been for the past year, since release. I'm just throwing cash at EA right now, I barely play the game compared to the amount of subscription time I get, but ****, still throwing money.

At this rate, I'm keen to try out the new FFXIV game, maybe a few console games as well, but ****, no, all I want is damn SWTOR. What's wrong with me. ;~;

What happens when this thread reaches 1000 posts or 100 pages???

Do i start a new one????

Thanks

I believe the mods automatically make a new thread and link to the old one as well.

They have already given us their answer though.

In my best manager from Office Space voice:

Yeaaah, I'm gonna have to ask you guys to keep playing on low pop servers, yeaaah.

We're also going to ask you to keep paying too, yeaaah.

Of course, having a dedicated RP channel would solve a lot of the problems.

And create more, trying to split normal chatter from RP chatter for dedicated RPers is like trying to draw blood from a stone. We don't just have some conversations in character, for some everything we say and do is in character. So imagine going along to an Op, everything you say goes into the RP channel but nobody sees it... :rolleyes:

And yes I am aware that you can ignore people etc, but what I'm saying is that why would I want to go to a server where the potential for harrassment is high, when I could easily switch to another RP server where it is extremely low?

And create more, trying to split normal chatter from RP chatter for dedicated RPers is like trying to draw blood from a stone. We don't just have some conversations in character, for some everything we say and do is in character. So imagine going along to an Op, everything you say goes into the RP channel but nobody sees it... :rolleyes:

And yes I am aware that you can ignore people etc, but what I'm saying is that why would I want to go to a server where the potential for harrassment is high, when I could easily switch to another RP server where it is extremely low?

That's fair enough, I really doubt there would be high levels of harassment. But here's the simple solution to your problem, if any.

Have two options when the time comes

Option A) Choose to merge your toons to the oceanic super server, enjoy great ping and have a healthy population.

Option B) Choose to t-fer your toons to a US server.

Really not that hard tbh.

Well merge pvp and pve and let RP do whatever. IDC really. If they cannot be happy with a all server merge then good luck to them. leave their server as it is or move them to some RP server on west coast.

All I want is a proper pop to enjoy this game and not have to see the same 20-30 people in all the raids all the time.

Well merge pvp and pve and let RP do whatever. IDC really. If they cannot be happy with a all server merge then good luck to them. leave their server as it is or move them to some RP server on west coast.

All I want is a proper pop to enjoy this game and not have to see the same 20-30 people in all the raids all the time.

Are we counting 20-30 people with or w/o Mafuggas alts? :p

Yes,

Except you change it to "stop *********** ignoring us"

Hahaha, That Made my day!!

I can't believe that Bioware has failed to provide even basic support to the APAC. Sure, we know now, Months after the promised "few days" that they are waiting for F2P, but their laziness in this regard is just appalling.

I wonder if they will remember to implement F2P on our servers???

Technically its the 15th already in the land of APAC :) yes yes I know they will go live when they go live in the center of the universe, aka The United States of America.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the impact of F2P on APAC. I dont think there is going to be too much of a difference, yes there will be an initial influx etc etc and in a few months we will be back to square one, atleast on Master Dar'Nala anyway.

BW developers take note,... this aint going to go away, you can't silence the APAC community, I'm only going to ramp up my campaign with more youtube videos showing how bad Master Dar'Nala is and continuing the fight for our community that you have shafted so royally since the game launched.

/end rant. Will take my meds now.

Have a nice day everyone

<3 Chippy

Technically its the 15th already in the land of APAC :) yes yes I know they will go live when they go live in the center of the universe, aka The United States of America.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the impact of F2P on APAC. I dont think there is going to be too much of a difference, yes there will be an initial influx etc etc and in a few months we will be back to square one, atleast on Master Dar'Nala anyway.

BW developers take note,... this aint going to go away, you can't silence the APAC community, I'm only going to ramp up my campaign with more youtube videos showing how bad Master Dar'Nala is and continuing the fight for our community that you have shafted so royally since the game launched.

Have a nice day everyone

<3 Chippy

Gotcha back Chippy.

Let the Campaign Roll on!!!

If you set some unreasonable expectations of yourself then of course you won't be able to reach it.

I have barely seen any RP on GD, but I'm sure the players there do know about it and aren't as prone to mock it.

Ah, I will miss the low percentage of stupid names on our RP server if they merge us.

Anyway, just role play that you are forced to join a bunch of insane people that think they are part of a game controlled by creatures sitting in their domiciles on a computer console.

999th post! No? Damn, too fast.

Have a nice day everyone

<3 Chippy

Doubt there will be many new faces prob several returned players that can now play for free, so cant see F2P helping for long as those that left before will prob leave again after seeing some new content. I know Dalborra has hit 100+ on fleet over last few nights where as same time last week was lucky to be hitting 60-80 max

Next video you make can you show what population is like after say 7pm (as alot are leaving work at 5pm +)

Hopefully they wont take too long to act after the lack in changes to populations