Got A Few Questions About The DvL Event..

Berronaxftw

Sorry if these have been asked before.

1). am I too late to start this event? how long does it take to fully complete it? time to play is rather tight for me right now due to other obligations i'll be able to play like an hour or 2 a day until September, at which point i'll be able to go hardmode and no-life it for ages.

2). Can I complete this on another server, then transfer to my main server? if I do this will all the things I've earned transfer with me and become legacy-wide, the companions and such?

I play on Tomb of Freedon Nadd, and yeah this servers activity is.. abysmal, so completing the event here will be impossible, so I was planning to move to a bigger server, start a character there, complete the event and then transfer that character to my main server to apply the rewards to my main legacy, can I do this or would I lose the rewards if I transferred?

3). Can I unlock both sides of this event? like do a full light-side character, then do a full dark-side character to get both companions and other rewards? or can I only have 1 side?

4). Is there major lore spoilers? I've only done to chapter 10 in the KOTFE story so far, and I'm really ocd when it comes to completing it on my main char first, should I do that before starting my DvL character?

Thank you in advance, and once again sorry if this has already been asked.

1). am I too late to start this event? how long does it take to fully complete it? time to play is rather tight for me right now due to other obligations i'll be able to play like an hour or 2 a day until September, at which point i'll be able to go hardmode and no-life it for ages.

2). Can I complete this on another server, then transfer to my main server? if I do this will all the things I've earned transfer with me and become legacy-wide, the companions and such?

I play on Tomb of Freedon Nadd, and yeah this servers activity is.. abysmal, so completing the event here will be impossible, so I was planning to move to a bigger server, start a character there, complete the event and then transfer that character to my main server to apply the rewards to my main legacy, can I do this or would I lose the rewards if I transferred?

3). Can I unlock both sides of this event? like do a full light-side character, then do a full dark-side character to get both companions and other rewards? or can I only have 1 side?

4). Is there major lore spoilers? I've only done to chapter 10 in the KOTFE story so far, and I'm really ocd when it comes to completing it on my main char first, should I do that before starting my DvL character?

Thank you in advance, and once again sorry if this has already been asked.

1. You can now. It'll take time to FULLY do it since you'll have to level 8 classes to 50 plus master all the crafting crew skills. It varies. For me, it's taken about 3 weeks to just do two 65s but I'm not playing that crazy and have other toons I'm playing with. Chances are that you, like most sane people, will only be able to do up to the Eternity Level rather then Legacy. (You'll get th companion from the Champion level tho)

2. I'm not familiar with transfer rules. I was fortunate to choose Ebon Hawk as my home.

3. The character unlocked is determined by EVERYONES choices. We'll find out which at the end of the event. But everyone will get the single same companion.

4. Considering that you have to complete all of KOTFE to get the companion (final chapter is released next week) I'd recommend finishing your other toon first before starting chapter 10 on the DvL character.

Edited by MACharlieV

1) You can start right away. The event runs until late october, só you have plenty of time.

2) Yes. But note that all item rewards (packs, armor pieces) are given one time only. If you reach level 25 and transfer, any new DvL characters you make will not gain more packs Upon reaching level 25. If you take all rewards with you when you transfer back, you'll be good, though.

3) That's not how the event works. The light or dark companion will be decided based on all alignment choices of all players across all servers. Everyone will get the same companion.

4) That's really up to you, I think.

1. not too late if want to do it up to eternal level, i think you can complete it in a month or until event end on fall. you can read the guide here

2. yes you can complete it on another server. companion, mount, pet reward are account wide, but Dark vs Light Packs are bound on pickup on the toon you play for the event.

3. you can only get 1 companion type for all swtor players, but you can play dark side or light side as you like.

4. you need complete all kotfe chapter on event toon.

Ah.. thanks for the info.

I had planned to just rush through and skip most things with a character I'd later delete after merging the rewards to my main legacy, as I really care about my character's story when I make a proper one, but if the packs are a one-time-only thing I guess I can't do that?

Are the armour rewards not legacy-wide? are the packs on the CM the same, or are the DvL quest reward ones completely unique?

Would really make it easier for me if you can get the stuff from the DvL packs from the CM packs ;p

The DvL packs from the event are "Force-Bound" meaning you can never sell the contents to another player or move them around your Legacy (and because the armour sets have been split in three, you're best off completing every tier on the same character). Also, they have no Jawa Scrap, and don't always drop a companion gift.

The Cartel Market ones are much better, because you can sell the contents (after the usual 36 hour delay), get two random items instead of one, always get a companion gift, and get some Jawa Scrap... but you have to throw more money at the game.

The DvL packs from the event are "Force-Bound" meaning you can never sell the contents to another player or move them around your Legacy (and because the armour sets have been split in three, you're best off completing every tier on the same character). Also, they have no Jawa Scrap, and don't always drop a companion gift.

The Cartel Market ones are much better, because you can sell the contents (after the usual 36 hour delay), get two random items instead of one, always get a companion gift, and get some Jawa Scrap... but you have to throw more money at the game.

Ah okay, they're basically the same rewards just with different restrictions?

Ah okay, they're basically the same rewards just with different restrictions?

they are basically the same reward and can be combined with the CM ones, and can be unlocked in collection, as collections is account wide. the different is the pack from event reward are bound on pickup.

It would be nice to carefully read how the rewards work. Keep in mind that you need to complete previous tiers to get the higher rewards. So, if you are gunning for Eternal Level to get the new companion, you must complete all previous tiers (Heroic, Valiant, Legacy and Champion) to be eligible for Eternal level.

Also, since the DvL reward packs and all items inside them are bound to one character, you should create a strategy so that the same character knocks off the last achievement for every tier. That way all rewards go to the same character and you have a bigger chance to unlock whole armor sets.

Here's my own strategy:

-Roll a Jedi Guardian and a Sith Juggernaut, both specced as Tanks.

-Since the Jedi and their companions can use all weapons, that will be my main DvL character.

-The Jedi finishes the first two tiers (Heroic and Valiant), unlocking the first packs and the first 3 pieces of the bind-to-legacy XP armor that any other character can use.

-Then the Sith finishes their class quests, does Shadow of Revan, Ziost and KotFE -- but NOT the stronghold mission. That will lock the 3rd tier! That way, I can do whatever achievement I want with any other DvL character and still save the rewards for my Jedi.

-For the non-solo Flashpoints I use either the Jedi or the Sith. Since they are Tanks, queues pop relatively fast.

-Once I get everything done up to Eternal level, I'll decide if the Legendary tier is worth a shot. Since this entails doing every Hard Mode FP out there plus a few Ops and World Bosses and I'm not that good with end-level content, I'll probably not even try. If I do try, and if I manage to get it done, I'll probably let the Jedi buy the HK unlock for last and do the 50 kills.

Anyway, good luck! And if you decide to do the DvL event on Ebon Hawk, drop me a line. Maybe we can do the HMs together :)

Legendary is not difficult either. Several of my guild members are just waiting for Chapter 16 to drop in order to complete the final 3 tiers

IF and only if you can find groups, aye. I've been hitting Group Finder for a month, and still have three HMs to get impside (Depths of Manaan being the constantly finished, but no credit given, one of the three). If you are a member of a guild who runs together, you can get through Legendary pretty quickly.

Waiting three to four hours, nightly, and maybe getting a chance at a run (that may or may not collapse) is a special kind of hell.

An hour or two DAILY? That's far more than I have time to do, and I plan to do the companion level - I'm probably 90% of the way there right now. You should have until late October (best guess we have right now). Leveling is easy...class quests + Heroics and you never need to do anything else.

Wait a second...you can't even sell any of the rewards? That makes the whole thing a complete waste of time.

Just a fair warning - at the moment there are several bugs that if you are unlucky will prevent you progressing past tear 3. They don't seams to be getting fix - like Depths of Manaan flashpoint not counting in achievements. There are some walk abounds... That don't work form all people.

So if you want a couple of packs, you may enjoy it, completing tires past 3 may never happen regardless of what you do and when you join.

Have another couple of questions :o

If I complete the requirements for the DvL event, is it safe to then transfer to my main server? or should I wait until the rewards are given out?

Also, does doing the entire quest line for stories and planets matter? or can you just do the ones listed as requirements and skip the rest?

Lastly, does it make a difference which side you level, imp or rep? or is it purely conversation choices?

I would probably transfer it once you completed all you can before they give out rewards just incase something goes wrong at the end, but who knows probably won't matter

no basic story lines matter, just get to 50 on each toon, and 2 of them being 65, only story line you need to finish is SoR, Ziost and Kotfe for legend mostly

yes you need 4 50s on both sides, while 2 of them being 65s 1 on each side

Edited by Theeko

:o sorry another question lol.

Is it possible to do some of the DvL objectives on 1 server, and the other objectives on another, and when you transfer and they both merge it counts as completing it all?

Because the new server I'm on I can definitely get into operations, but my levelling is a lot slower than it is on my main server due to all the goodies I have to speed it up on my main server..

So yeah if I could just get the ops done and then move back to my main server, that would be awesome, as the ops are the only reasons I'm doing this on a different server anyway.

Ah yeah wasn't trying for double rewards, was just wondering if it would merge and fully complete, for example.

I did A B & C on realm 1, then did D E & F one realm 2, then I transferred from one server to the other, if my legacy would then combine to say I've done A B C D E & F so fully completed.