[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

EatenByDistance

Finally got on the PTS, and based on my limited test, 0/33/13 (or 0/31/15) in surging charge was decent. At least between insta-gibbs from 40k saber throws.

It runs like Wakajinn except you use low slash-> impose weakness maul in place of discharge, and save discharge as a finisher/filler. Will need to test some more though, as there are too many gamebreaking bugs running on the PTS now.

Edited by Calvin_Mago

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So on a brief second test, Wakajinn (go high enough up for second Maul rate limit) and the usual stuff in Madness should still work. In theory you're technically replacing immediate Surging Discharge Discharge for an on-demand maul proc. I still hate the Surging changes and consider it a nerf but I was probably overreacting when I called it unsalvagable.

I still think full deception is godawful

That said, I still consider it a pretty sizable nerf and compared to the amazing stuff other dps classes have gotten (lightning sorcs and all snipers are just out of control now) I still think we're in a pretty bad spot

Edited by EatenByDistance

Ohh on another good news, tank assassin got their armor reduced by 20%....

And exactly as Waka said the problems I see are not so much the changes made to Assassins (some of them are actually pretty cool), but the changes that have been made overall and to other classes.

Edited by Okema

So im very much an avid full deception player, and was thinking about it how will being full deception be any good. Then i thought bout the surging charge effect and how they changed VS. So my thought was in order to make this spec work your gonna have to play along with how VS works now. So i came up with 8/36/2 picking up thrashing blades, charged mastery and electric execution (now when fully talented buffs 18% vice 9%) in darkness and putting the remaining 2 in exploitative strikes in madness. Now making the surging charge hit even more, plus at a faster rate with being full deception.Thoughts? Edited by DemonJin

So im very much an avid full deception player, and was thinking about it how will being full deception be any good. Then i thought bout the surging charge effect and how they changed VS. So my thought was in order to make this spec work your gonna have to play along with how VS works now. So i came up with 8/36/2 picking up thrashing blades, charged mastery and electric execution (now when fully talented buffs 18% vice 9%) in darkness and putting the remaining 2 in exploitative strikes in madness. Now making the surging charge hit even more, plus at a faster rate with being full deception.Thoughts?

I would probably go 5/36/5 if I were to play full Deception, better force management and extra 3% melee crit seems far better than what is it 18%:rak_02: more on Surging Charge procs.

k so did some more thorough testing today....

full madness is just not going to happen without maul, deathmark force regen or the bonus melee damage....its like bioware expects it to just tab dot and use crushing darkness whenever you can as if we were sorcs....so sorcs completely outclass this even more than they already do on live

that mad maul thing isn't going to work because there's no force regen. that's the main problem, discharge dots crit for like 1k which is amazing but you never have the force to use shock which is a huge deal and even using a shockless (which would be dumb) rotation is still too force-starved

wakajinn just doesn't proc static charges enough

While I still think it's bad, full deception seems to be the best bet for non-darkness DPS specs. 5/36/5 or 7/36/3 are probably the best.

@darkscythe I think the 3% melee crit is way more important than some more Static Charge damage, especially since we are doubly reliant on Maul than before.

full madness is just not going to happen without maul, deathmark force regen or the bonus melee damage....its like bioware expects it to just tab dot and use crushing darkness whenever you can as if we were sorcs....so sorcs completely outclass this even more than they already do on live

that mad maul thing isn't going to work because there's no force regen. that's the main problem, discharge dots crit for like 1k which is amazing but you never have the force to use shock which is a huge deal and even using a shockless (which would be dumb) rotation is still too force-starved

While I still think it's bad, full deception seems to be the best bet for non-darkness DPS specs. 5/36/5 or 7/36/3 are probably the best.

@darkscythe I think the 3% melee crit is way more important than some more Static Charge damage, especially since we are doubly reliant on Maul than before.

Has their a thread been made about this? all i see are threads about tanking force issues and devs responses to it.

These are my exact thoughts. I really tried to find a new wakajinn, but just like you said, it does not proc enough static charges, sometimes ill be sitting at 1 or two stacks for around 30 seconds before I get the third.

There are two specs I am working on right now, both are utilizing the Impose Weakness talent and taking 31pnts in Deception. Since Surging Charge is utterly useless with out VS now, I was thinking of going up Darkness to get Energize and Disjunction and running in Dark Charge. http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/sith-assassin/222/?build=002300231100000000000000000000000322230021112032001022010010000000020000000000000000000000000000&ver=20 (one point left over to do as you pls) You don't get all the defensive benefits or utility out of the Darkness tree but you do get 100% crit rate on your Shocks. You do run Dark Charge so you get the armor and healing from that also. Your basically utilizing your increased Maul procs and all the goodies from Deception with the defense and Shock crits from Darkness.

The other one I am tinkerying with is basically the same thing but going the other direction with the Madness tree. Now you cannot have Impose Weakness and Raze in the same spec so that throws my MadMaul hopes out the window. However you can still get enough for increased Thrash crit and the Glorious Deathfield. http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/sith-assassin/222/?build=000000000000000000000000000000000322230021112032001022010010000003020302012200000000000000000000&ver=20 Again, you can run this in DarkCharge for the obvious reasons even though the whole second tier of the Madness tree would be wasted. Or you can run in Lightning Charge since the dot is going to hit pretty dang hard.

If they fix Bloster system in WZ's on the ptr I will try these specs out as much as I can.

So I am trying my Darkness/Deception hybrid and stumbled on some nice synergy. Apparently the 50% increased crit damage from Crackling Blast for Shock will stack with the 50% crit damage from Energize during the Recklessness buff. Just the initial Shock is critting just under 7k and thats not including Chain Shock. Im getting all wet.

Out of the two specs I talked about above, the Darkness one is way more damage than the Madness hybrid. The Energized Shocks are doing way more damage than Shocks and Deathfield at a standard crit rate. An energized Shock is not only 100% crit, but with Recklessness its 100% increased crit damage, I really do not know what spec is going to be able to compete with that.

EDIT : nvm, what I said was a bunch of crap due to typos in swtor-spy skill calculator.

about 12/31/3, tested it, force management is crap without blood of the sith and with high cost Shocks. I don't think it's viable, tho it hurts idd.

Can't test anything in glitched WZ's which is a shame, and nobody comes to DK spaceport :( Right now on dummy, (with huge server lag), full deception feels better than anything else, changes makes the rotation a lot more fluid. Impose weakness kinda makes up for the RNG-based discharge burst which will probably suck for focus-fire and on-demand burst.

Edited by iesnbold

Been playing around with this http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/sith-assassin/222/?build=000000000000000000000000000000000322230221112030001022000000000003020312012200010000000000000000&ver=20

0/29/17 giving up auto-maul for raze and running lightning charge

I don't see the point in gettign static cling and magnetism just to get auto duplicity proc, seems like alot of wasted points.

Would be intrested in that Darkness hybrid build with 100% shock dmg. Are you finding your self force starved? I wonder how much alacrity it would take to overcome force starvation in some of these builds

Been playing around with this http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/sith-assassin/222/?build=000000000000000000000000000000000322230221112030001022000000000003020312012200010000000000000000&ver=20

0/29/17 giving up auto-maul for raze and running lightning charge

I don't see the point in gettign static cling and magnetism just to get auto duplicity proc, seems like alot of wasted points.

Would be intrested in that Darkness hybrid build with 100% shock dmg. Are you finding your self force starved? I wonder how much alacrity it would take to overcome force starvation in some of these builds

I do find the force management pretty challenging. A couple of things I am doing is first of all not running my force pool to zero. I know we are used spamming abilities and only Saber Striking when we have absolutely no force. I start putting Saber Strikes in the rotation if I drop below 20 force. This is helping quite a bit for having enough force foreShock. Second, we cannot just spam Thrash. Having enough force for Shock is a must, we got to budget for it. I found that if I could manage to use Low Slah right after a Maul for a second Maul I actually gained force necause of how cheap Mauls are. Abuse your Blackout ability and reset it as often as you can with Shroud.

When I did these things I was always just one Saber Strike away from being able to use my costly Shocks. Saber Striking before was a clear indication you were doing something wrong, got to set that mind set to the side. Being able to afford Shocks with this spec is well worth it. Many other AC's have to fill with there auto attacks far more than we do, don't get too discuraged just yet. Lastly, we are all familiar with how much ccc there is in this gae, we are all familiar with what our force pool looks like when we get out of that cc.

I know I already said lastly but just thought of another positive reason to fill with Saber Strike even when we can afford Thrash, Dark Charge has a 65% chance to proc.

at home this weekend but have no motivation/reason to make videos since 2.0 is gonna change everything

i might stream some regs or something but i honestly have less than zero desire to play this game anymore so idk

my sub runs out in 19 days and there is a good chance I will not renew

we'll see

Edited by EatenByDistance

I'm the node guarder for my rwz team, running 23/1/17. Was wondering if it's really worth going full DPS gear since I only hit about 22k with end-stim at most, which is arguably worse than letting go of some power mods and getting a little bit more HP with endurance mods since more HP (26-27k) = longer time to stall attackers for some1 to come and help me?

or should I just keep my dps gear and try to become a master of 1v1s?:)

sorry if this question has been answered, really tired so haven't been reading that thoroughly :)

I'm the node guarder for my rwz team, running 23/1/17. Was wondering if it's really worth going full DPS gear since I only hit about 22k with end-stim at most, which is arguably worse than letting go of some power mods and getting a little bit more HP with endurance mods since more HP (26-27k) = longer time to stall attackers for some1 to come and help me?

or should I just keep my dps gear and try to become a master of 1v1s?:)

sorry if this question has been answered, really tired so haven't been reading that thoroughly :)

Really depends how your team wants you to do it. My team generally just wants me to stall until help gets there so I run it in tank gear. The philosophy behind this is what if they decide to send one more in stealth, or they send a similarly spec'd shadow/'sin who can just lift/whirlwind you then you get capped on. Better to play the sap/cc until help arrives strat to ensure not losing a game that you're already winning because your team took an unnecessary risk.

However, there have been times when the dps race on the main node is so close that they can't spare one person, in which case I try to switch to dps gear in time for the impending 1v1. This very rarely happens though.

Edited by Squidkidz

Really depends how your team wants you to do it. My team generally just wants me to stall until help gets there so I run it in tank gear. The philosophy behind this is what if they decide to send one more in stealth, or they send a similarly spec'd shadow/'sin who can just lift/whirlwind you then you get capped on. Better to play the sap/cc until help arrives strat to ensure not losing a game that you're already winning because your team took an unnecessary risk.

However, there have been times when the dps race on the main node is so close that they can't spare one person, in which case I try to switch to dps gear in time for the impending 1v1. This very rarely happens though.

I guess I could keep two sets of gear for each scenario then?

ty for help :)

I have decided to quit ToR. Information about the future of this guide and just a general farewell can be seen in this topic: http://www.swtor.com/community/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=5987793

I'd like to give a special thanks to everyone in this thread that has defended, theorycrafted and otherwise supported this guide and I since I created it way back when.