Upcoming Maintenance - 10/14 and 10/15

TaitWatson

Hey everyone!

I wanted to let you all know that we will be having two separate maintenance periods this week: one on Tuesday, October 14th, and one on Wednesday, October 15th.

Tuesday, October 14th

Duration: 1.5 hours

Time: 7AM PDT (2PM GMT) - 830AM PDT (330PM GMT)

This downtime will only affect SWTOR.com. Game servers will not be impacted.

Wednesday, October 15th

Duration: 4 hours

Time: 3AM PDT (10AM GMT) - 7AM PDT (2PM GMT)

This downtime will include an update to the Launcher and the Game Client. Game servers will be unavailable for the duration of the maintenance. Formal Patch Notes will be posted during the downtime.

Thank you for your patience!

-Tait

Edited by TaitWatson

Oh please, say that you are going to fix the infinite loading screen that occurs every time a player gets disconnection.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=755289

It's been like that for 3 months and it discourages people from playing swtor. I personally don't get a lot of disconnections but it's frustrating for others when they have to restart the game every couple of minutes instead of simply reconnecting.

I believe you care deeply about the amount of people playing the game, but things like that aren't helping to maintain their number.

Edited by PavSalco

Is this update for 2.10.2, and will Eric give us a heads up as he mentioned about the slot machine being available on the vendor for 1 credit as he said it will be and would?

I thought I'd missed that! I've been so confused.

I was also confused by the dates and then I remembered they do it wrong on that side of the pond...

Also would it kill you to use a 24-hour clock?

Couple of questions

Since game launch players have a general understanding that Tuesday is the regular maintenance day. Base on that expectation, guilds/groups tend to schedule raids/activities between Wednesday to Monday. Over the years, there have been numerous downtimes happened on Wednesday (some urgent patches, some "scheduled"), and it seems to happen more often on Wednesdays in recent months. Should players adjust their expectations and avoid scheduling activities on Wednesday?

Previously we were told that "scheduled maintenance" would be communicated to the players by Friday the week before. Has that changed?

Bare in mind that Wednesday is popular due to it being the first day after weekly reset. And there are some less-hardcore guilds/groups who only schedule activity for one night a week.

Edited by Banegio

Super secret sketchy and unexplained maintenance with invisible patch notes incoming.

:eek: I sense a conspiracy afoot. :eek:

it is a patch to the launcher and the game client, not the game itself. Most likely to patch some vulnerability with the game client or to deliver some optimizations.

Hey everyone!

I wanted to let you all know that we will be having two separate maintenance periods this week: one on Tuesday, October 14th, and one on Wednesday, October 15th.

Tuesday, October 14th

Duration: 1.5 hours

Time: 7AM PDT (2PM GMT) - 830AM PDT (330PM GMT)

This downtime will only affect SWTOR.com. Game servers will not be impacted.

Wednesday, October 15th

Duration: 4 hours

Time: 3AM PDT (10AM GMT) - 7AM PDT (2PM GMT)

This downtime will include an update to the Launcher and the Game Client. Game servers will be unavailable for the duration of the maintenance. Formal Patch Notes will be posted during the downtime.

Thank you for your patience!

-Tait

:mad: :mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So, let me get this straight. you're doing website maintenance when normal maintenance should be on and with no game downtime.

Then, you do actual maintenance the following day.....are you f*****g serious.

The amount of primetime loss for APAC players lately is a bloody joke.

Tuesday is your maintenance day....you guys are making it so hard for us to organize our raids...we may as well just give up on doing wednesday nights ...

just when we were getting some faith back in you guys after getting a glimpse of whats to come in 3.0.

Will the 10/14 site maintenance fix the SWTOR.com buggy ranked PVP leaderboards? For instance, sorting by server causes the leaderboards to complete break and not display any up-to-date ratings. Honestly, sorting by ANYTHING on the leaderboards causes it to not work or display the correct ratings. It's quite apparent the site code is broken there. Edited by revcrisis

:mad: :mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So, let me get this straight. you're doing website maintenance when normal maintenance should be on and with no game downtime.

Then, you do actual maintenance the following day.....are you f*****g serious.

The amount of primetime loss for APAC players lately is a bloody joke.

Tuesday is your maintenance day....you guys are making it so hard for us to organize our raids...we may as well just give up on doing wednesday nights ...

just when we were getting some faith back in you guys after getting a glimpse of whats to come in 3.0.

But it's ok, we get a new cartel pack... Cuz that's important right :mad:

No, the pack will still release as scheduled! :tran_smile:

Please check if the Revan statue that is supposed to be in this pack actually is there.

Hundreds of packs has been opened and nobody has seen one

Either it has a very disappointing droprate or it is actually not there at all

Edit: Seems like one player has found one so it is there, sad that it has such a low droprate.

Edited by Icestar