Prophecy of the Five PILOT chat channel

-KeggER-

So I am going to create a chat channel for all Imperial pilots to discuss anything piloting. I did this in Galaxies and it was pure win. This will be a good way to get Pot5 pilots acquainted, and can be a lot of fun and very helpful for creating groups.

To join, type /cjoin Pilot

you can then go to the chat tab, rt. click and go to chat settings to access the filters

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Edited by -KeggER-

Then create it. Announce it on server forums, get some people to help you pass the word around on server. Maybe mention it before fights begins in the ops channel.

I don't play all that much you see so I don't know if I'm the right person for such an initiative... I would be more than happy to support it of course but maybe a better, more hardcore player who has already made a name for themselves would be a more appropriate choice than me to actually be the driving force behind it.

Still, I'm considering this... I assume that theoretically all one needs to do is create the channel, advertise it and watch it hopefully take on a life of it's own?

This should be on your server forum. Not the GSF GD

Sadly the server forum activity is near zero. Tell something there and it will be like shouting into the void.

I also be invited into the channel by ohters players during a session. So better here than nothing :-)

Sadly the server forum activity is near zero. Tell something there and it will be like shouting into the void.

I also be invited into the channel by others players during a session. So better here than nothing :-)

Or advertise in general chat on most planets and the fleet. As well as general chat in GSF battles.

So I am going to create a chat channel for all pilots (Imp or Pub) to discuss anything piloting.

Just a quick note. The channel will be separate on the Imp & Republic sides. We will not be able to communicate with the other faction through the channel.

Just a quick note. The channel will be separate on the Imp & Republic sides. We will not be able to communicate with the other faction through the channel.

Really? I did not know this. Any work arounds so the two factions can chat?

As far as I know, not unless you're willing to set up two bot accounts, which isn't exactly legit and would probably also require two spare computers.

Edited by Armonddd

As far as I know, not unless you're willing to set up two bot accounts, which isn't exactly legit and would probably also require two spare computers.

Eew no..... Ok, then this channel is for the Imps! Ill edit the title

Thnx

I wish. This is something that should have been allowed from day 1. It shouldn't be that hard for bioware to allow cross faction chat in private chat channels. Even give the owner of the channel ability to block the opposite faction from joining. Give us the options.

Eew no..... Ok, then this channel is for the Imps! Ill edit the title

Thnx

I went ahead and created a channel by the same name for the republic. So, we have it too.

Edited by Iliac

Any particular reason this should just be a Pot5 thing?

It's a great idea, and I say every server should make their own PILOT channel! Any Ebon Hawkers with me?

Definitely NOT just for Pot5 ... I would recomend ALL servers create a chat for pilots.

It's a great idea, and I say every server should make their own PILOT channel! Any Ebon Hawkers with me?

Anyone can create channels for others to join. Here are the commands you can use:

/cjoin [channelname] - Join an already made channel & will create the channel if it doesn't exist

/cinvite [channelname] [player] - Invite someone to the custom channel

It isn't, Jung Ma I know already has one.

Edited by Zoom_VI

NO!!!! Our idea...you need to come up with ur own or transfer to Pot5 ;)

I KID!!! It would actually be nice if Bioware added this as a default chat tab for all players!