Deadly saber question

ACTroyan

Torheads effect details show that deadly saberr has a tick rate of 3s and a duration of 6s... My question is do you get a tick immediately upon applying it? Or not untill 3s later? For instance if its dmg is applied initially it will hit for small amount from 1stack then a medium hit when u stack second and a hard 3rd as well as ticks after the last stack is applied for 6s duration OR does it just apply and wait 3s before first tick? Edited by ACTroyan

I remember some yellow numbers showing at the same time of attacks or shortly after, so I always supposed it applied its first tick instantaneously. With a 3s time, it wouldn't be able to damage during the two first attacks and the 3s would reset if a stack is applied again which would result at waiting 7.5s before the first tick when the 3 stacks are applied in chain of 3 abilities.

PS : I think the 3s time between each tick is wrong... I remember to be able to put a DoT on someone, use Berserk and escape the fight (with camouflage) and still being able to have the 6 healing procs... so logically the time between each tick should be 1s.

Edited by Altheran

ACtually I'll add to this in a sidetracky fashion.

How the hell do I roll my deadly saber dot?

I can normally get a refresh off for the second application but I just cant get the third application to refresh the dot before it drops off.

Keep in mind im only lvl 30 so i might be missing a talent that refreshes the dot.

• 3 weeks later...
I remember some yellow numbers showing at the same time of attacks or shortly after, so I always supposed it applied its first tick instantaneously. With a 3s time, it wouldn't be able to damage during the two first attacks and the 3s would reset if a stack is applied again which would result at waiting 7.5s before the first tick when the 3 stacks are applied in chain of 3 abilities.

PS : I think the 3s time between each tick is wrong... I remember to be able to put a DoT on someone, use Berserk and escape the fight (with camouflage) and still being able to have the 6 healing procs... so logically the time between each tick should be 1s.

Its possible torhead is wrong but u might be thinking of rupture cuz that says it ticks every sec for 6s

As for the application problem... I just hope i dont have the issue... I never paid much attention to it before but i will now just to make sure