Act 3 Closing Bugged out for Bounty Hunter

Hench

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty sad considering this is practically game breaking for a bounty hunter.. i am 4 levels away from 50 and it will be pretty crappy if i can not continue to play my bounty hunter.. you would think this would have been fixed prior to release knowing it is the CLASS QUEST.. :eek:

I just began realizing something was wrong when I was questing in Ilum and could only grab two quests.. assuming this happens to everyone who decides to kill the Chancellor and leave Darth Tormen alone?

Hardly game breaking.. What am I missing? Some dailies in Ilum? Either way it needs to be fixed, but if you're concerned with dailies, there are a few daily quests in Belsavis that reward tokens.

I was thinking something was wrong when I didn't receive a title for completing my class quests and the loading screen still said "Chapter 3".

Is there an official response to this? For those of us without access to some of the Ilum dailies?

As a note, you do NOT have to be dark side rated to get this bug, you just have to choose to kill the chancellor at the end, rather than Tormen.

I am LS and chose to kill Tormen, and I am not bugged (I received the "first strike" quest properly). My guildy is ALSO light side (light 4, i believe) but chose to kill the chancellor, and he IS bugged.

So it obviously has to do with the "First Strike"quest not triggering after the cutscenes involving the choice to kill the chancellor.

It's becoming obvious what the source of the issue is. Now we just need a fix.

AS A WARNING: smugglers choosing the light side ending might also run into this issue, as this happened in beta to mine, and there were reports of the same happening to bounty hunters who chose the DS ending. I had hoped they'd fixed it, but i guess not.

What are the long term consequences of choosing light side vs dark side? Is it just the light side points? Titles? Other things?

In the overall view of things, the points only determine what gear you can wear. But I don't know the ramifications of the final decision in any future story content or as far as titles are concerned. I've played as full Dark the entire time so far, and having to choose light side is a bit bothersome.

I chose light side a few of times when it suited the idea of my character. He doesn't really kill civilians unless they are the intended target. But I'm level 39 now and Dark III. Come time to choose between 2 major characters I have no idea what he will do until I see the situation. I just hope its fixed by then.

I meant, for the final decision, what are the consequences that affect the character and cannot be reversed?

Edited by Jikahn

I'll just re-affirm that I'm almost pure LS (LS IV) and choose the LS ending and received my quest for Illum back on the fleet.

I did notice something weird in that a duplicate of Tormen spawned in his spot on the Tyrant after I killed him, maybe that's related?

Do you get a title for the questline and do you know if it changes based on the decision?

Bump.

In the conversation with the Chancellor I picked the "I don't go back on a contract"-route, which gave me no LS or DS points, and captured the Chancellor. When I turned in the quest I told Tormen that I'd be an independent from now on and, again, received no LS or DS points. This was followed by a cut-scene of the Orbital Station being destroyed and another one showing my crew and me on the ship.

This is all good and well, but after the Loading Screen I was back on my ship and the Mission Log didn't show any more Class quests. Means I'm stuck in the same frustrating situation as everybody else and unable to start Ilum dailies.

Someone from Bioware, please acknowledge that you're not ignoring this gamebreaking issue.

Edit: I'm sorry, I overread Joveth's response. Mea culpa :)

Edited by Darthbeerbot

Bump.

In the conversation with the Chancellor I picked the "I don't go back on a contract"-route, which gave me no LS or DS points, and captured the Chancellor. When I turned in the quest I told Tormen that I'd be an independent from now on and, again, received no LS or DS points. This was followed by a cut-scene of the Orbital Station being destroyed and another one showing my crew and me on the ship.

This is all good and well, but after the Loading Screen I was back on my ship and the Mission Log didn't show any more Class quests. Means I'm stuck in the same frustrating situation as everybody else and unable to start Ilum dailies.

Someone from Bioware, please acknowledge that you're not ignoring this gamebreaking issue.

I took the same route thru the story that you did.

Bump.

They have.. it's in this thread from BW.. scroll back and look.

Still want them to hurry up though.. missed a week almost of grouping and guild fun.. No tokens etc from dailies.. kinda bad.

They need to compensate bountyhunters for these lost commendations since we are getting left behind in the dust compared to other classes when it comes to gear upgrades.

PRECISELY, i would like to work for my char, but i have to sit on my ***

My Act 3 is bugged as well, no quest to continue, no title and no quest for Illum. Been trying to get help from Customer Service for a week, both in game, via phone and via email, and I just had my tickets closed without getting any help.

Very disappointed.

Edited by Nemonia