A Funny Thing Happened on Taris...

ILOVEELO

Yesterday my lvl 36 Sniper was doing the class quest on Taris, and was just about to make a call on her Holocom, when suddenly...

IR-77, the lvl 53 champ droid from the Seeker Droid/Macrobinoculars quest (can't remember which) appeared and started to fight me! I died, of course.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Edited by ILOVEELO

Yesterday my lvl 36 Sniper was doing the class quest on Taris, and was just about to make a call on her Holocom, when suddenly...

IR-77, the lvl 53 champ droid from the Seeker Droid/Macrobinoculars quest (can't remember which) appeared and started to fight me! I died, of course.

Has this happened to anyone else?

You didn't see anyone else around you, most likely another level 53-55 player? That happened to me too on Alderaan, during the Bonus series, in the northeast section of Kaamos territory. Just minding my business, another level 54 player was doing that stuff and I got hit hard with that dude... Didn't die but it hit hard.

• 2 weeks later...
this is not the only one to attack me. IR-77 attacked me 2x...a wampa and a droid too. All have boss health and icon. I killed the droid and the wampa vanished. IR-77 attacked me on taris and hoth. i got them to 50% health then...poof. they vanished. I am able to kill them so why do they vanish? and i get nothing for killing them...exp or otherwise. Glitch maybe?

i was lucky against this droid the first time i met him,i just this-is-sparta-ed him down a cliff on tatooine with my juggernaut,the second time i had to take him down the old fashoned way with my shadow,he escaped at 50% health.

• 2 months later...

It's just a random trigger when doing the missions and you can't kill him

because he shows up later for the final missions where you can finally kill his punk a**

Best (and fastest) thing to do is just run, leave your pet as bait and he'll disappear on his own.