Dalborra ... should we transfer to you when it becomes available?

cuttothechase

Yes.

Please come across now. Don't wait.

Current status: picked up 1100 Ranked WZ comms from 6pm to 12am on Saturday, but we could use 100 more pvpers on the server.

During the weekend daytime sub 50s pvp was incessant popping, 50s pvp is a around 2 warzones an hour during the day, with lulls.

there is just one huge problem with dalborra.

we have no idea if the pvp bug that we had the past 2 weeks will com back for a 3rd time, if it does it would absolutly kill us, as it is our offtimes are more or less destroyed because of it ( moreso then what gw2( rather small realy) did but we are recovering ).i think we get on average a pop for 50's every 20-30 mins but with that under 50's does pop very fequantly and our primetime it's too bad still get a fair few pops even if it is shorter then the old 5pm to 4am solid pops.

another thing that might be worth mentioning is the capasity of dalborra ( not that big of a deal ).

lets say that master d and gav daragan(?) do all get a transfer to dalborra, will that overload the server? proberly not but it's something to concider.

another thing is if paided transfered do come there might still be a change that it's not to every sever and that you may end up only being able to go to a US sever, so then it becomes a case of rerolling or going to a higher ping server.

all in all what im trying to say is IF payed tranfered come ALL 3 servers MIGHT end up having to go to a US server. so realisticly this is a problem that all 3 servers need to concider and each guild on each server to decide whats best for them ( or each indavidual).

My point is and what i guess i'm actively trying to encourage is a merge.... but of your volition not Bioware's who just won't do it... i'm trying to see if all our 50s on Master D and Gav will go to Dar... myself i've rolled on Harbinger to test it out as many others have and others are testing out The Bastion.

Let's face it, the preferred would have been an APAC server merge... they won't do it but if we actively encouraged everyone in the same direction with they're individual transfers then the same thing could be accomplished....APAC servers get saved in the long term and we keep our excellent ping. Obviously this would have to be a group effort... if we all randomly re-roll or transfer to to different servers then we fail.

I'm all for supporting the Oceanic servers. The quickest way to make them fail is to re-roll on a US server. If that means perhaps re-rolling on another oceanic server then why not keep the good ping. I support Dalborra but I'm biased as that is where I currently reside.

Come f2p things could get a bit better, at least I'm hoping population will improve. I've already convinced some friends to roll on Dalborra for the level 15 trial. I think they'll end up subbing once f2p hits.

As for the pvp bug, well surely they will have that sorted. I urge everyone not to make a decision because of that bug. Let f2p hit, give it a couple of months. :)

I'm all for supporting the Oceanic servers. The quickest way to make them fail is to re-roll on a US server. If that means perhaps re-rolling on another oceanic server then why not keep the good ping. I support Dalborra but I'm biased as that is where I currently reside.

Come f2p things could get a bit better, at least I'm hoping population will improve. I've already convinced some friends to roll on Dalborra for the level 15 trial. I think they'll end up subbing once f2p hits.

As for the pvp bug, well surely they will have that sorted. I urge everyone not to make a decision because of that bug. Let f2p hit, give it a couple of months. :)

3 warzones a week will not make 50s PvP burst.

F2P is an attraction mechanism. Not everyone who opts in for F2P will spend no money whatsoever. If people want to play more warzones, they'll buy weekly passes for it or they'll sub. Although it may not be an enormous stimulus, it's at least going to bump it up from what it is now.

3 warzones a week will not make 50s PvP burst.

Agreed it certainly wont. I think the limit of 3/week is a little light.

It's currently set that f2pers have 3 WZ's/week, 3 FP's and 3 space missions. Perhaps a better idea would be to have an across the board combined 9 uses/week. Then the person could choose to use it for 9 WZ's or 9 FP's per week, or something along those lines. Gives a bit more flexibility while still maintaining the restricted access. Just a thought.

Agreed it certainly wont. I think the limit of 3/week is a little light.

It's currently set that f2pers have 3 WZ's/week, 3 FP's and 3 space missions. Perhaps a better idea would be to have an across the board combined 9 uses/week. Then the person could choose to use it for 9 WZ's or 9 FP's per week, or something along those lines. Gives a bit more flexibility while still maintaining the restricted access. Just a thought.

F2P WZ are now 5 per week

I would like to pose a question in terms of RP. Do you feel the larger population will be accepting of it?

And I don't mean just the occassional event in a cantina either, I mean people joining your raid groups and staying in character. Troopers calling their movements in a warzone. It can add great flavour and enjoyment to people's gameplay, yet some are less than accommodating.

My past experience with PvE servers are not pleasant in terms of this so I would like to ask what we may expect if we are merged into Dalborra.

as to the roll playing ive seem quite abit of it amoungst other things while on the fleet and to me it didn't seem like trolling, hell some of it was actualy very knowagable stuff, but again it'll happen, worst thing they can do is bag you out then those said people will get bagged out for doing so, i think you'll find 90% of dalborra don't actualy care to much if you are a roleplayer or not

F2P is an attraction mechanism. Not everyone who opts in for F2P will spend no money whatsoever. If people want to play more warzones, they'll buy weekly passes for it or they'll sub. Although it may not be an enormous stimulus, it's at least going to bump it up from what it is now.

I agree with Vindrik. No avid pvper who joins the game in the free-to-play category will be sated with the ability to play 3 (or 5 if it has been increased, according to Kript) warzones each week. They will without doubt sub or buy a pass.

Obviously, most F2P players will have already tried out and decided whether or not they enjoy the PvP in this game prior to reaching max level and as such, I think this issue would then become non-existent, because during the levelling process from 1-50, F2P players will probably have already decided what content they are interesting in purchasing access to once they hit max level, or whether they will just sub to have access to it all.

Sorry for taking that a little off-topic in regards to the current direction the thread discussion has taken.

With respect to role-playing on our PvE server; my personal opinion is that I really couldn't care less what people do. If people want to role play, go right ahead. If people queue up for a flashpoint and want to role play, I won't stop them. But don't expect me to take part just because you're grouped with me.

Edited by BennyKrak

Just about to hit 50 On my toon I rolled on dalborra

The lowbie pvp while leveling was ok consistent queue pops till late at night looking forward to seeing what the 50 bracket is like. I have also rolled a toon on the bastion but seeing as our prime time is their off peak hours seems to be more people in fleet on dalborra when I'm playing

I just hope they see reason and give us a super server and arena style pvp I think arena would be better implemented than rated With server population smaller teams = more games

Just about to hit 50 On my toon I rolled on dalborra

The lowbie pvp while leveling was ok consistent queue pops till late at night looking forward to seeing what the 50 bracket is like. I have also rolled a toon on the bastion but seeing as our prime time is their off peak hours seems to be more people in fleet on dalborra when I'm playing

I just hope they see reason and give us a super server and arena style pvp I think arena would be better implemented than rated With server population smaller teams = more games

You sure it wasn't just a second fleet instance?

If we get server merges, I believe the 419 guild from Master D will most likely move to Dalborra. We have been talking about it a bit, and as we most are now doing PVE Raid Progression, moving to Dalborra makes sense.

AS for RPers, a separate channel would be good if they come to Dalborra as well. Hate to sound selfish, but I wouldn't like general chat to become RP only :p but I have nothing against players that want to RP.