HM attunement?

This is not correct. I ran HM D7 last night for the first time, and I'd never run D7 in normal.

I do believe you have to run Taral V on either normal or hard mode before you can run maelstrom, but whether you choose to run it in normal or hard mode doesn't matter -- just that you have run it before.

Our regular nightly group..which consists of a Shadow,Sentinel,Sage, and Gunslinger, has run into this.

The Sentinel and Gunslinger had run Esseles, Taran V, Battle on Ilum, and False Emporer on normal mode, but the Shadow and Sage had not.

When we went to do any of them on hard mode, the Shadow and Sage could not get the mission nor enter the instance ( kept getting the message they did not have access when trying to enter ).

Once we ran the 2 through each on normal mode, they were allowed to enter the hard mode.

It is obvious, one of the 2 groups of people are bugged.

Either some of us are bugged and cannot do a hard mode without completing the normal mode first, or some of you are bugged and able to enter them without doing the normal mode first.

So now the question is.......which one is the bug?

If you have the group quest for the normal mode version, such as "GROUP - Directive 7" and try to enter a hard mode, it won't let you in. You have to drop the normal mode and then pick up the hard mode quest, or have someone share it with you.

We ran into the same problem the other day. But no, there is no requirement to run the normal modes first. I have not run any of the level 49-50 flashpoints on normal, and I clear them several times a week on hard.

If you have the group quest for the normal mode version, such as "GROUP - Directive 7" and try to enter a hard mode, it won't let you in. You have to drop the normal mode and then pick up the hard mode quest, or have someone share it with you.

We ran into the same problem the other day. But no, there is no requirement to run the normal modes first. I have not run any of the level 49-50 flashpoints on normal, and I clear them several times a week on hard.

This is even a problem for us.

When we tried to share the mission for the hard mode, we got the "XXX is not eligible for this mission" for both he Sage and the Shadow.

I came across this issue as well with Boarding Party and Foundry. I had not completed the "Call to Arms" quest or either of the flashpoints on normal before. I had to abandon both the "Call to Arms" quest and the quest for the flashpoint, Then I had to re-accept "Call to Arms" (which is still a normal quest). "Call to Arms" has you walk into a story area and talk to some moff and he gives you the normal flashpoint quest. At this point I abandoned just the flashpoint quest and kept "Call to Arms". then to re-accept the flashpoint quest you have to talk to the guy standing outside the entrance to the flashpoint. When I talked to the guy then, I had the option to chose hard mode. I don't know if this will work for anyone else, or how that translates to republic flashpoints, but I thought I should put that out there.