Arsenal Merc pvp set bonus

GhostHei

Hi guys, I'm in the process of rolling an arsenal merc and I'm planning out the stuff I need to grind

In a strictly pvp situation, what would be a better set bonus for arsenal? full pvp eliminator for the 5 second jet boost CD and 15% railshot crit chance? or would it benefit me more to mix 2 piece pvp eliminator with 2 piece pve for 5 second jet boost cd and 15% crit to tracers?

and before anybody says it, I realize the irony of arsenal and pvp, and I'm actually stripping out my WH powertech to do it

There's no question that you need the +15% crit on Tracer Missile - it's a massive boost and you'll be critting more than 50% of the time. The 4-piece PvP Eliminator set bonus is for Pyrotech, not Arsenal. Rail Shot has too long a cooldown without the reset proc to be useful for Arsenal. The other set bonus is a toss-up, not many of them are very useful. I personally went with the 2-piece PvP Combat Medic bonus (+3 seconds duration on Energy Shield). It provided a little bit more survivability, but take that with a grain of salt because my main spec is Bodyguard so I had all the War Hero pieces for it already. The 2-piece Eliminator PvP set bonus could be just as useful as well for reduced cooldown on Jet Boost. Edited by Jenzali

actually you should be using both the pve set bonuses as with the 4piece pve it makes rail shot cost 0heat...that alone is a big thing, you actually vent heat rather then spend it when your arsenal when using rail shot, and if your not using the energy cylinder then you shouldnt be arsenal

From my experiences so far I really don't have any problems with my heat management. To me it's more beneficial to get the reduced cd on jet boost. Thanks for the input though

The cost (worst considering) of doing this is using the PVE shell without the PVP armourings. Is it worth it?

I personally haven't done this because if it's competitive PVP, Pyro is a must. Arsenal in competitive PVP is too easily shut down, and too channeled/root centric.

So it it's just PUG PVP, I'm not sure I'd go through all of that, plus take the armouring hit. (Correct me if I'm wrong about this because as said, I haven't gone this route.)

*Oh forgot to add: The 5 second jet boost bonus is quite handy.

Edited by Krozis

Ah good point! I've been ripping those lately and never even put that together.

I may have to try this idea, but man I love jet boost on reduced cooldown too!

So I might have to do a 2 piece set from each... now the problem is this means I have to PVE!! Aaaaaaack! ;)

Edited by Krozis