** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **

Zaodon

ONLY time I am not getting credit is when the enemy has been killed recently. I think this is what happening and not some bug. Most people don't realize of you kill a player that has already been killed recently then you will get NO credit.

Sadly, there are alot of ignorant people in this thread and are claiming its a bug or probably most in this thread are just Trolls who have not even tested anything but claimed to have just to come in and complain or threaten to un-sub. Personally, I hope all these trolls do Un-Sub and quit ruining this game.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I just cancelled my subscription until I see some real progress.

Endgame is broken. Let's face. We can't do much doing "minigames" like Huttball every single time.

No real open World PvP. Didn't even have a problem leveling. Why someone should care to even fight other worlds? The PvP flag is a joke.

And Ilum is broken in a way that only a real redesign will change it. The map is too big for just 60 people and no real objectives. It doesn't work as a real battlefront as I think it should be.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to give you all a quick update. The dev team has been investigating the cause of this issue and they're closer to figuring out a solution. As mentioned before, we'll keep you updated with any new developments. Thanks again for your patience on this.

Thank you. this is a MUCH better post than the "please dont get mad at each other" post we had to read earlier.

Well, I just cancelled my subscription until I see some real progress.

Endgame is broken. Let's face. We can't do much doing "minigames" like Huttball every single time.

No real open World PvP. Didn't even have a problem leveling. Why someone should care to even fight other worlds? The PvP flag is a joke.

And Ilum is broken in a way that only a real redesign will change it. The map is too big for just 60 people and no real objectives. It doesn't work as a real battlefront as I think it should be.

Agreed

I reckon they don't test anything they implement. There is no excuse for the number of bugs their patches introduce.

hehehe i love how every patch they make is actually a more bugged version they implement.

I wonder what are they testing , maybe how long till everyone unsub.

Killed ~15 unique players. Got credit for none.

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that whatever measure they put in to counteract kill trading screws everyone in the entire zone. So, kill traders get credit until some threshold is reached, and then, bam...nobody gets credit any more for a while.

First of all, I think you people fail to realize that the people who actually post on the forums only make up about 5%-10% of the player base for most games at best. Secondly, out of these people, most of the post on here are vague, uninformative, or hateful, or all three.

When you notice a bug, report it in a constructive manner. Give as many details as possible. Provide video footage if you can. Stay on topic, don't get side-tracked with meaningless bs filling up the original post pages so that there is just way too much crap for anyone to even want to read through it all to get to the heart of the matter. mainly, be constructive, contribute something besides just your opinion of the situation, your hateful remarks, your bashing on other people who post, and the meaningless threats about hope u are about to unsubscribe/rage quit because this isn't working or that isn't fixed or omg its too easy or hard.

Most of the posts under this topic are **** I demand a fix now.... I killed x amount of players in setup a, b, +c, and didn't get any credit at all for doing so. List times, places, server, faction, valor rank, etc anything u think may be useful in solving the problem. Honestly all the posts without such information should be deleted as trash.

Ironically enough, when a moderator or csr responds to hateful posts like these, clearly stating they have begun to look into the problem, or that there may even be a problem, the post is met with perhaps a single thank you from the community, followed by even more hateful posts than before. Or the response is just completely ignored because it wasn't the particular response people were looking for.

As far as people complaining about bugs and how broken this game is, I have to wonder if this is your first mmo you have ever played. This game is far from broken. Bugs do exists, and it is true that some fixes introduce bugs that were not foreseen, but on a whole, Bioware has patched and fixed/updated this game more in the first 1.5 months of release than most mmos have in the course of a year. insulting the developers who are trying to find a balance to keep the forum community happen as well as keeping the game balanced in completely unnecessary and counter productive. were I in their shoes, I would already discounted a lot of the posters on the forums as the 'no matter what changes you make I won't be happy till its exactly how i think it should be' people. because that is how most of these posts come off.

We know from our Wow experiences, that basing pvp hot fixes on things posted in the forums, without deeply investigating the causes and conditions, just leads to more imbalance. As much as the Wow fan boys would like you to believe otherwise, pvp in wow is still broken in many aspects, and on many levels, the pvp game play in this game is more balanced than wow ever was, minus the exploits to valor and current imbalance in ilum due to faction population differences.

On topic, they already posted, on page 12 in case you didn't make it that far before writing a post, that they are glad you made them aware of the problem and that they were looking into it. Of course this wasn't good enough for people, so more hateful posts followed. aside from the Ilum 'bug' that people are experiencing, everything else in the patch is working great from what I can tell. The biggest change for most people being in the commendations received from champion and battle master bags now. while you are being hateful of Bioware, and calling them incompetent and suggesting they fire such and such, don't care about the player base, and just don't care about pvp; please keep in mind that the commendation/bag changes were a completely player requested change in the way those items worked, in which bioware implemented rather quickly given the time from release of the game to release of the change. obviously things like this get over looked when 'something' doesn't work, and woe is me, if it takes months to fix this I am out type of people... but Bioware has shown us, since release, that if something is truly broken or unbalanced, they endeavor to fix it as quickly as possible.

No mmo I have ever played has ever been able to keep the forum junkies happy, and even when changes do come, positive good changes, there is no ty for the quick fix, good job, that boys going around. generally its just more hate about something else that 'isn't the way I want it to be so fix it' kind of posts. Even after the moderator got on here and asked you all to stay focused, be civilized, and allow them time to look into and fix it, this post too was met with hateful remarks. And all the while, the people who make these remarks expect the csr and moderators to hear their opinion or 'bug report' as valid facts while they bash the people they are 'supposedly' trying to help save the game.

Swtor doesn't need saving. Those of who think this game is a sinking ship are free to have that opinion, but honestly I disagree. The game has tons of potential, is still relatively new, and updates and patches faster than any game I have played to date. when something is broken, they taken in your feedback, as hateful as it is, look into, and fix it as fast as they can. That is all you can really ask for any company to do from a customer service point of view. If there is one thing Bioware should learn from Wow, its that listening to the forums, for 'game balancing changes' has to be taken with a grain of salt. Wow did this to great extent, and because of that remained unbalanced for a very long time, and in many ways still is unbalanced where pvp is concerned. People may disagree, and that is their opinion and they are entitled to it, but I am just speaking from my own experience.

The bare bones of the subject of this post is this - The PLAYER BASE of the game created a situation where they were exploiting the way Ilum was intended to work. Though this could have probably been foreseen, it was not, and though it may be too late to retroactively punish those exploiters, the best they can do now is implement changes to prevent this from continuing. They have already said - 'We are looking into the situation and will keep u updated', twice in this forum post. both times they were met with just more hatred. honestly I don't see why any company would want to deal with the mmo community in general just because they are more hateful than constructive 95% of the time.

Ilum is broken according to some people, on different servers, and past a certain time today.. they said they are looking into it and will update us as soon as they have more information. The patch released this morning, their responses to your complaints came shortly after you posted them on the forums. People suggested the 'rollback' the servers to the previous patch; Honestly, f'that. The new changes, aside from the ilum bug, greatly outweigh the inconvenience of Ilum atm. to be honest, Ilum has always been an inconvenience for most people on uneven faction populated servers, and the bag changes alone were worth the patch. Not to mention the increase in pvp responsiveness of yer skills activating and the improved 'cool-down' ui added to better show wut skills are available when.

Just my two cents. just get tired of seeing all of these non constructive posts and rage filled posts. Honestly, report the bug you have found, give as many details as possible, and be constructive in your criticism. Otherwise **** unless u can do it better, and in that case, pls apply to bioware asap.

On a whole, I am happy with the game and where it is going. The commendation change was a huge huge buff to anyone with any-type of reading comprehension. Even this change was met with hatred, after the player base specifically said' we want more control over our pvp progression', met with so much in fact before the patch even released, that Bioware had to Spell out the specific details of just how many of what u would get in each bag. In hindsight, they could of avoided some outrage by mentioning this upfront, but on the whole, I am sure it would have been met with just as much hatred and bs as most changes to games are.

Swtor is still a child as far as MMOs go. It has been out for 1.5 months now. Just look at the 'patch notes' list if you honestly think Bioware has done nothing to improve their game since release. If you still feel that way after seeing how many, and what they fixed in those patches, then you have no business being on the forums giving any type of opinion whatsoever because you obviously lack a basic understanding of things plainly obvious.

Yes, Ilum is bugged atm for some people, yes crafting needs work, yes the warzone issue, which i myself have not experienced with wins not counting, needs to be addressed; But on a whole, Bioware is doing a pretty good job at trying to keep the players happy, keeping the game in balance, and fixing things when they arise in a timely manner so far. So if you're gonna complain, at least do it constructively so this game can continue moving forward, instead of the pointless insulting bs most of you post on these forums.

Thanks in Advance. Have a great night.

First of all, I think you people fail to realize that the people who actually post on the forums only make up about 5%-10% of the player base for most games at best. Secondly, out of these people, most of the post on here are vague, uninformative, or hateful, or all three.

When you notice a bug, report it in a constructive manner. Give as many details as possible. Provide video footage if you can. Stay on topic, don't get side-tracked with meaningless bs filling up the original post pages so that there is just way too much crap for anyone to even want to read through it all to get to the heart of the matter. mainly, be constructive, contribute something besides just your opinion of the situation, your hateful remarks, your bashing on other people who post, and the meaningless threats about hope u are about to unsubscribe/rage quit because this isn't working or that isn't fixed or omg its too easy or hard.

Most of the posts under this topic are **** I demand a fix now.... I killed x amount of players in setup a, b, +c, and didn't get any credit at all for doing so. List times, places, server, faction, valor rank, etc anything u think may be useful in solving the problem. Honestly all the posts without such information should be deleted as trash.

Ironically enough, when a moderator or csr responds to hateful posts like these, clearly stating they have begun to look into the problem, or that there may even be a problem, the post is met with perhaps a single thank you from the community, followed by even more hateful posts than before. Or the response is just completely ignored because it wasn't the particular response people were looking for.

As far as people complaining about bugs and how broken this game is, I have to wonder if this is your first mmo you have ever played. This game is far from broken. Bugs do exists, and it is true that some fixes introduce bugs that were not foreseen, but on a whole, Bioware has patched and fixed/updated this game more in the first 1.5 months of release than most mmos have in the course of a year. insulting the developers who are trying to find a balance to keep the forum community happen as well as keeping the game balanced in completely unnecessary and counter productive. were I in their shoes, I would already discounted a lot of the posters on the forums as the 'no matter what changes you make I won't be happy till its exactly how i think it should be' people. because that is how most of these posts come off.

We know from our Wow experiences, that basing pvp hot fixes on things posted in the forums, without deeply investigating the causes and conditions, just leads to more imbalance. As much as the Wow fan boys would like you to believe otherwise, pvp in wow is still broken in many aspects, and on many levels, the pvp game play in this game is more balanced than wow ever was, minus the exploits to valor and current imbalance in ilum due to faction population differences.

On topic, they already posted, on page 12 in case you didn't make it that far before writing a post, that they are glad you made them aware of the problem and that they were looking into it. Of course this wasn't good enough for people, so more hateful posts followed. aside from the Ilum 'bug' that people are experiencing, everything else in the patch is working great from what I can tell. The biggest change for most people being in the commendations received from champion and battle master bags now. while you are being hateful of Bioware, and calling them incompetent and suggesting they fire such and such, don't care about the player base, and just don't care about pvp; please keep in mind that the commendation/bag changes were a completely player requested change in the way those items worked, in which bioware implemented rather quickly given the time from release of the game to release of the change. obviously things like this get over looked when 'something' doesn't work, and woe is me, if it takes months to fix this I am out type of people... but Bioware has shown us, since release, that if something is truly broken or unbalanced, they endeavor to fix it as quickly as possible.

No mmo I have ever played has ever been able to keep the forum junkies happy, and even when changes do come, positive good changes, there is no ty for the quick fix, good job, that boys going around. generally its just more hate about something else that 'isn't the way I want it to be so fix it' kind of posts. Even after the moderator got on here and asked you all to stay focused, be civilized, and allow them time to look into and fix it, this post too was met with hateful remarks. And all the while, the people who make these remarks expect the csr and moderators to hear their opinion or 'bug report' as valid facts while they bash the people they are 'supposedly' trying to help save the game.

Swtor doesn't need saving. Those of who think this game is a sinking ship are free to have that opinion, but honestly I disagree. The game has tons of potential, is still relatively new, and updates and patches faster than any game I have played to date. when something is broken, they taken in your feedback, as hateful as it is, look into, and fix it as fast as they can. That is all you can really ask for any company to do from a customer service point of view. If there is one thing Bioware should learn from Wow, its that listening to the forums, for 'game balancing changes' has to be taken with a grain of salt. Wow did this to great extent, and because of that remained unbalanced for a very long time, and in many ways still is unbalanced where pvp is concerned. People may disagree, and that is their opinion and they are entitled to it, but I am just speaking from my own experience.

The bare bones of the subject of this post is this - The PLAYER BASE of the game created a situation where they were exploiting the way Ilum was intended to work. Though this could have probably been foreseen, it was not, and though it may be too late to retroactively punish those exploiters, the best they can do now is implement changes to prevent this from continuing. They have already said - 'We are looking into the situation and will keep u updated', twice in this forum post. both times they were met with just more hatred. honestly I don't see why any company would want to deal with the mmo community in general just because they are more hateful than constructive 95% of the time.

Ilum is broken according to some people, on different servers, and past a certain time today.. they said they are looking into it and will update us as soon as they have more information. The patch released this morning, their responses to your complaints came shortly after you posted them on the forums. People suggested the 'rollback' the servers to the previous patch; Honestly, f'that. The new changes, aside from the ilum bug, greatly outweigh the inconvenience of Ilum atm. to be honest, Ilum has always been an inconvenience for most people on uneven faction populated servers, and the bag changes alone were worth the patch. Not to mention the increase in pvp responsiveness of yer skills activating and the improved 'cool-down' ui added to better show wut skills are available when.

Just my two cents. just get tired of seeing all of these non constructive posts and rage filled posts. Honestly, report the bug you have found, give as many details as possible, and be constructive in your criticism. Otherwise **** unless u can do it better, and in that case, pls apply to bioware asap.

On a whole, I am happy with the game and where it is going. The commendation change was a huge huge buff to anyone with any-type of reading comprehension. Even this change was met with hatred, after the player base specifically said' we want more control over our pvp progression', met with so much in fact before the patch even released, that Bioware had to Spell out the specific details of just how many of what u would get in each bag. In hindsight, they could of avoided some outrage by mentioning this upfront, but on the whole, I am sure it would have been met with just as much hatred and bs as most changes to games are.

Swtor is still a child as far as MMOs go. It has been out for 1.5 months now. Just look at the 'patch notes' list if you honestly think Bioware has done nothing to improve their game since release. If you still feel that way after seeing how many, and what they fixed in those patches, then you have no business being on the forums giving any type of opinion whatsoever because you obviously lack a basic understanding of things plainly obvious.

Yes, Ilum is bugged atm for some people, yes crafting needs work, yes the warzone issue, which i myself have not experienced with wins not counting, needs to be addressed; But on a whole, Bioware is doing a pretty good job at trying to keep the players happy, keeping the game in balance, and fixing things when they arise in a timely manner so far. So if you're gonna complain, at least do it constructively so this game can continue moving forward, instead of the pointless insulting bs most of you post on these forums.

Thanks in Advance. Have a great night.

WOW this made my eyes cross! Where exactly do you get your facts on "I think you people fail to realize that the people who actually post on the forums only make up about 5%-10%"? Are you a Bioware Employee?

It may have been some sort of attempt to stop the kill trading WBs without having to ban anyone.

It certainly is a good indication of the skill level of the coders involved. You can bypass it with a quick relog or even by simply dieing. Pretty handy if you're kill trading. :rolleyes:

Have EA pulled the plug on the funding allready or did they just hire the wrong people in the first place.

Wow...

Just take a guess and fire away huh.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to give you all a quick update. The dev team has been investigating the cause of this issue and they're closer to figuring out a solution. As mentioned before, we'll keep you updated with any new developments. Thanks again for your patience on this.

You never answered my question concerning whether or not you guys are going to give those of us credit for the day who cannot stay logged on until you have fixed the problem. We are missing out on daily quest that barely give us the loot that we need already. We NEW Battlemasters need all the chance we can get to complete our daily so that we can get that crappy bag that will yield Champ commendations that we don't need anymore!

Are we the paying customers to be compensated?

Edited by PinkSugar

WOW this made my eyes cross! Where exactly do you get your facts on "I think you people fail to realize that the people who actually post on the forums only make up about 5%-10%"? Are you a Bioware Employee?

What he fail to understand is that Ilum and Warzones exploit are REAL issues, and it isn't broken for just a few hours. We are waiting a patch to fix basic problems for weeks now.

And it seems he also fail to understand that we are getting angry due to lack of quality control of their own code!

- Their engine can't hold more than 20 people without lagging. So it is not made for MMO enviroment.

- Their code commit doesn't have proper testing before applying to servers

- They don't seems to have any clue of the issues. If they played their own game they should know what to do.

Why is world pvp dead? Because 1 faction out numbers the other in a 2:1-3:1 ratio. Players and devs can't honestly think world pvp can or could work with a difference like that.

Well atleast this bug stops the kill trading that so many have been doing to get their BM gear atleast. Sad but true.

What he fail to understand is that Ilum and Warzones exploit are REAL issues, and it isn't broken for just a few hours. We are waiting a patch to fix basic problems for weeks now.

And it seems he also fail to understand that we are getting angry due to lack of quality control of their own code!

- Their engine can't hold more than 20 people without lagging. So it is not made for MMO enviroment.

- Their code commit doesn't have proper testing before applying to servers

- They don't seems to have any clue of the issues. If they played their own game they should know what to do.

It's extremely sad too. Why do I feel like I am paying to be a Beta tester?

"Kills in Ilum not counting towards daily/weekly PvP missions as of patch 1.1.2."

We need a BioWare response to this issue.

So you kill someone and get a creadit, 1min later there back and you kill them again and dont get creadit?

Ya pretty much been that way...

There is this thing called a creadit timer on each person, from when they die to when there worth again etc, been that way since the start of the game...

Edited by mordredz

You never answered my question concerning whether or not you guys are going to give those of us credit for the day who cannot stay logged on until you have fixed the problem. We are missing out on daily quest that barely give us good loot. To be honest, us NEW battlemasters need all the chance we can get to complete our daily!

Are we the paying customers to be compensated?

You do realise, there are other things in the game other than Ilum? if you want to PvP might i suggest going into a WZ.

JovethGonzalez PvP -> ** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **

Hi everyone,