Hidden Achievement: Data Mining - Bugged or am I just dumb?

CrazyMcGee

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
This achievement is seriously broken. A guildie and I made the rounds to kill the droids becuase we had previously done the fps and ops for the achievement. I got the achievement when we finished the droid on Tat. He still has 4 droids to kill. He's now killed them on 2 different toons and the Corellia and Tat ones still haven't been counted.

This achievement is seriously broken. A guildie and I made the rounds to kill the droids becuase we had previously done the fps and ops for the achievement. I got the achievement when we finished the droid on Tat. He still has 4 droids to kill. He's now killed them on 2 different toons and the Corellia and Tat ones still haven't been counted.

I got the achievement some weeks ago, dont think its bugged.

• 5 months later...

Just want to put this here for anyone else having trouble finding or getting credit for killing a Beharen Security Droid as part of the "Data Mining" achievement. There doesn't seem to be a good guide for this anywhere, so I'd like to post what I've learned so far for others to reference:

*Beharan Security Droids are normal mobs usually in a group of other normal mobs.

They seem to spawn in the fenced up areas of Corellia-> Labor Valley -> Western area.

*Known sightings: I've seen them spawn at 3 locations (-3446, -1865), (-3574, -1802) and (-3780, -2115) (see map below.)

*Beharen Droids don't follow normal respawn rules. Sometimes the groups wont respawn for hours. Perhaps killing the surrounding enemies will affect the respawn rate, perhaps it won't.

*I had to kill the Beharan Security Droid on a pub toon to get credit. I wasn't getting credit on my imp toon.

*Someone else in my party who got the first hit and the kill on the Beharen Security Droid didn't get credit for it; but I did for some reason.

*It just seems all around buggy.

Other Beharan-type droids that can spawn in the same locations instead of the Security droids are:

*Beharan Striker Droid (Gold)

*Beharan Heavy Droid (Silver)

*Beharan Assault Droid (Normal)

It's best to clear these other droids whenever you see them so the Security droids have a chance of spawning next time.

Map of all droid Locations: https://imgur.com/wLIfUFJ

Location 1: https://imgur.com/QIBklgB

Location 2: https://imgur.com/qVpJduP

Location 3: https://imgur.com/kCicfwJ

• 3 months later...
I'm just using this thread again :) For those who don't know what they are missing. If you post the achievement of another player (inspect player's achievement and then post Data Mining) it will actually show you what you are missing. For me it's Operator IX, which I killed a lot. I'm wondering if I have to kill him 16-man-mode. Have to try that.

• 1 year later...
I'm just using this thread again :) For those who don't know what they are missing. If you post the achievement of another player (inspect player's achievement and then post Data Mining) it will actually show you what you are missing. For me it's Operator IX, which I killed a lot. I'm wondering if I have to kill him 16-man-mode. Have to try that.

I've been subbed to this thread a while and wanted to give an update. This method to figure out what you are missing definitely works. I have a guildie who has the achievement, I inspected her achievements under Location -- General -- Exploration, clicked in the chat window, and then SHIFT-right click to link her achievement in chat. Then I clicked on it and could see what I was missing.

At the time, I was missing the Beharen Security Droid, the two Damaged droids also from Labor Valley, and the Berserk Czerka Droid. I had literally just killed them on a pub toon, so I figured I must have completed the others on an imp toon. I switched over to my oldest imperial toon and killed those four droids, but the achievement didn't pop. So, I went back pubside and repeated the inspection of my guild mate. 3/4 droids had been checked off now, and the only thing I was missing was the Beharen Security Droid that I had literally just killed. So, I swapped back to impside (I had left my toon there) and checked the other two spawns mentioned by thepfcictwo above and killed another one and it still didn't pop. So this one is definitely buggy. I'll keep trying imp and pub side.

EDIT: So I swapped to the pvp gameplay focus area instance, went to spawn area #1 on thepfcictwo's map, placed my companion on passive, and when I killed the droid the achievement dinged. ... So I wonder if you have to be the one to actually get the kill, and if your companion gets the killing blow it doesn't count?

Edited by phalczen

• 4 months later...

My apologies for necroing this thread, but it seems to be the right place to ask this question:

In the original description on Swtor Spy, it says "Cademimu (Hard Mode)". I recently found out that EN-4C is the only droid missing for me. I have never done Cademimu Veteran or Master Mode (or Hard Mode back in the days). Can anyone tell me which version I need to play nowadays, veteran or master? (I'm not keen to do neither.)

Bonus question: If veteran mode suffices, is it possible to get to EN-4C (and down him) solo with a companion?

i got it last year without knowing it,,i did not do it all on one toon,,most of the WB`s i did on my imp and the achievement came up while doing TFB in Vetmode on a pub toon ,,and i got the hidden one from Czerka-198 :) currently doing it now for all my toons,,everyone is asking why im scanning certain places.

just show me how to put a photo

Edited by easyandrew

• 1 year later...
My apologies for necroing this thread, but it seems to be the right place to ask this question:

In the original description on Swtor Spy, it says "Cademimu (Hard Mode)". I recently found out that EN-4C is the only droid missing for me. I have never done Cademimu Veteran or Master Mode (or Hard Mode back in the days). Can anyone tell me which version I need to play nowadays, veteran or master? (I'm not keen to do neither.)

Bonus question: If veteran mode suffices, is it possible to get to EN-4C (and down him) solo with a companion?

Responding to myself. Maybe it helps others on this mission as well:

You need to kill EN-4C on master mode. Since my sub is ending in a couple of hours, I thought that this would be a nice last achievement. First I tried VM. Didn't count. Then MM. Worked. Now I'm finally a data miner.