Kingpin Bounty Reward....?

Felkroth

So I put in the time to do 5 bounty hunter missions on 5 different toons. Sent the completed tokens back to my main, and did the Kingpin.

I figured the reward would be a bit better for it. It was basically exactly what you get for doing a solo mission.

I was let down and underwhelmed -_-

I was pissed. The reputation gear isn't all that great. Just more uniclass gear and everything is soo expensive I won't even bother buying any of it. I like where the prices are at on the Gree event.. Reputation gear is like a reward when we unlock it and we shouldn't get slapped in the face with such a large price tag.

It's a way to stagger the content out, and to encourage people to group up - but if they want people to group up then they need to buff the Crime Lords.

Undertuning the Crime Lords means you can solo the entire event. The Rakghoul and Gree event both required grouping to get 100% completion (2 of the Rakghoul Event Bosses were 50 and it's impossible to solo Xenoanalyst).

They need to buff the Crime Lords. Maybe increases the health by 50% and dps by 20%? That should make it more on par with a Heroic 2+ rather than merely a 2.5 minute fight.

Yup. I was like 'is that it?!!!!!' Where is the 'Hunt', where do you actually feel like a Bounty Hunter? Instead its yet another generic scripted fetch quest sugar coated in a 'Bounty Hunt' Week. VERY disappointing.

And for those who didn't know - this is how Star Wars Galaxies handled Bounty Hunting.

Visit Terminal. Accept one mission from several. Insert DNA in to your Probe Droid. Send Probe off into the galaxy. Wait approx 5 minutes

Droid returns with information that target is on planet X. Board ship, get yourself to planet X.

Send out up to 3 smaller seeker droids to pin point EXACT location. They report back with location. Jump on Speeder, head to shuttle port or on your mount(depending on distance) to track down target - HUNT BEGINS.

Now because you had the choice to hunt either NPCs or actual real players, it made it lots of fun, because most of the time, the group(who your target most likely is in) would also be looking out for Bounty Hunters. As a BH, you would need to use all your tricks to track down and then finally kill your target. Probably one of the BEST features in an MMO I have seen.

Whilst I applaud Biowares attempt to offer something new, yet again its just another fetch quest without any real hunting.

Cmon Bioware, is this really the best you can do?

Edited by DarthMaulUK

I did this over the day, to get 5 of them to do a kingpin and :( is how I feel about the reward .

I didn't expect a Epic reward , but to get the same thing as the solo quest just killed me.

At least have the Kingpin boss have a chance to drop something good . So, my whole

day of doing these was about Rep and that's it . So, what was this great rewards for doing these they spoke of? Because buying rep armor/weapons/pets etc isn't a reward to me .

Agreed, it was a major let down. I'm not sure Ill even bother with the kingpins, after doing the one I did. Or I might just do one a month til I have them all done once, and then forget about them.

Honestly it's not a race, I'll get the rep eventually, and tbh, none of the 'prizes' are worth it, and like I said in my thread, they're bloody expensive for what they are.

These missions give less reputation than the henchmen ones and almost same credits. besides the achievements, there is no incentive for me to do them. I read somewhere that in the PTS the kingpin mission gave purple item, I still don't know why they changed it. I agree with the suggestions of buffing it, and improving the reward.

I'll pass them as they are now.

Edited by metalfenix

Me and my best friend did it on five alts. We were disappointed that the kingpin quest we had was bugged to heck and back and after several attempts when we got the mark the reward was pathetic and entirely underwhelming.. We barely got a tier in Reputation in the process.

This entire event is very poorly done and implemented. I expected more then a painful time-sink that gives you no satisfying reward.

Edited by Darth-Malice

The Kingpin bounty is a bonus you can go on a second hunt this day, and thus gain almost double reputation.

Big deal if you already hunted down 7 henchmen with your alts.

Also the Kingpin isn't really hard, my level 21 operative did the Hutta Kingpin yesterday. Yes, it was a tough fight, but no reason to call it a group mission. Maybe it gets harder to solo at higher levels? Well, a dd with dd companion might get in trouble but tank+heal or tank+dd should be fine.

Edited by Mubrak

Also the Kingpin isn't really hard, my level 21 operative did the Hutta Kingpin yesterday. Yes, it was a tough fight, but no reason to call it a group mission. Maybe it gets harder to solo at higher levels? Well, a dd with dd companion might get in trouble but tank+heal or tank+dd should be fine.

I did it as a gunslinger with my Treek healing. I probably killed the dude in like 30 seconds....tho I'm in more 75s (Kell Dragon) than I am 72s (Underworld).

Edited by Felkroth

There is nothing that will ever make you people happy, seriously, you must live the most miserable of lives. Wow, yes Wow is calling you back, just go there and let us players who like what we get to continue to enjoy it.

Complaining about other peoples valid complaints is still complaining. Perhaps you should leave as well since your not helping.

I was pissed. The reputation gear isn't all that great. Just more uniclass gear and everything is soo expensive I won't even bother buying any of it. I like where the prices are at on the Gree event.. Reputation gear is like a reward when we unlock it and we shouldn't get slapped in the face with such a large price tag.

This. I'm starting to get pissed at the amount of credits required for these "rewards". If we put out the effort to get reputation we shouldn't have to fork so many credits to finally get our hold on these.

The Gree event is exactly how it should be done, you run the content, you get reputation + tokens that allow you to buy the rewards. I can't see how you feel rewarded when you have to spend millions...

Edited by demotivator

They need to buff the Crime Lords. Maybe increases the health by 50% and dps by 20%? That should make it more on par with a Heroic 2+ rather than merely a 2.5 minute fight.

Emperor's shorts, no. No, no, no, NO.

Some of us like the challenge of soloing them, and those of us that don't are happily grouping up. They're just fine as is without making it like the levelling [Heroic 4]s no one ever bothers with.

Emperor's shorts, no. No, no, no, NO.

Some of us like the challenge of soloing them, and those of us that don't are happily grouping up. They're just fine as is without making it like the levelling [Heroic 4]s no one ever bothers with.

This, I think it's fairly balanced for solo'ing atm and I don't want to be forced to group for it.

And I'm fine with the current rewards but that's more of an outcome of running it on a lot of alts, which probably was intentional considering that the tokens are tradeable.

Edited by MidichIorian

Given the progression of the other reputation missions in SWtOR, and the fact you get a blue level reputation token for a normal bounty it seems wrong to not get a purple for the Kingpin quest.

Is this working as intended? I don't want to turn in any more tokens for the Kingpin missions if it is a bug. Does anyone have a link where BW said this was an intended change from the PTS?

Unless I am missing something there is currently no way to get a purple level reputation token?

I did the 5 Henchman quest, went for the Kingpin and boom :mon_trap: completely disappointed. Nothing good drops and no purple Rep Token. Not like Im going to benefit anything from what the rep vendor sells. Wont even bother doing this event again. Edited by Skyraven

I may be one of the few but I think the event fun, it nice to have an event that quick and simple. The more variety of events they add the better. I do understand why some feel the Kingpin should give a better reward, maybe a chance of a rare armor drop or something? As for the rep vendor the credit cost are a letdown, they keep acting like everyone has millions of credits to throw at every items. As other said we earned these reward through grinding rep, we shouldn't have to spend a ton of credits just to get them. :( Edited by SithEmpress

So I put in the time to do 5 bounty hunter missions on 5 different toons. Sent the completed tokens back to my main, and did the Kingpin.

I figured the reward would be a bit better for it. It was basically exactly what you get for doing a solo mission.

I was let down and underwhelmed -_-

You could have spent 2 minutes ahead of time and you would have known all the rewards before you spent any time on the event. This stuff has been posted in several places since it was out on the PTS.

Yup. I was like 'is that it?!!!!!' Where is the 'Hunt', where do you actually feel like a Bounty Hunter? Instead its yet another generic scripted fetch quest sugar coated in a 'Bounty Hunt' Week. VERY disappointing.

And for those who didn't know - this is how Star Wars Galaxies handled Bounty Hunting.

Visit Terminal. Accept one mission from several. Insert DNA in to your Probe Droid. Send Probe off into the galaxy. Wait approx 5 minutes

Droid returns with information that target is on planet X. Board ship, get yourself to planet X.

Send out up to 3 smaller seeker droids to pin point EXACT location. They report back with location. Jump on Speeder, head to shuttle port or on your mount(depending on distance) to track down target - HUNT BEGINS.

Now because you had the choice to hunt either NPCs or actual real players, it made it lots of fun, because most of the time, the group(who your target most likely is in) would also be looking out for Bounty Hunters. As a BH, you would need to use all your tricks to track down and then finally kill your target. Probably one of the BEST features in an MMO I have seen.

This. As a MCH/MBH I kept a datapad full of aggressive creatures for every planet and would use the creature for the planet to open my attack in an attempt to trick my mark into thinking it was merely a creature spawn ( I wouldn't even name my pets - they stayed 'graul mauler' or 'rancor' for the tactical advantage of eeking out a few precious seconds of pvp advantage. they were often times so busy attacking the giant rancor (in the beginning you could use 2 or even 3 rancors at the same time muah hahahahaha) that they wouldn't see me around the corner of a player structure or hidden in some rocks or behind a tree, pumping shots or dots onto them.

I genuinely miss pre CU. it was sooo deep and sandboxy and you could level however you wanted rather than quest hubs and everything on scripted rails. figuring the game out from scratch - i began playing very end of july / beginning of august 2003 with 2 R/L friends and the three of us grouped up wandering Naboo trying to figure it out. there were no glowing arrows or quest guides. it was just the 3 of us having a blast figuring out what the heck we were doing.

I miss that