Do separate gathering skills track at same time on map?

DocGamer

From my time in beta, I don't remember there being a choice. You either tracked resources or you didn't, and it only showed ones that you had the correct skill type to harvest. Then again, they also used a generic icon for all types of resources.

Unless you plan on having more then one gathering skill there is no need. You have one gathering, one crafting and one mission only. I don't think you can even choice to have more then one of either.

You do not have to take one of each (gathering, crafting, mission).

You can take multiple of either, except you are limited to one crafting skill only.

So, you can take multiple gathering and mission skills.

I am wondering about this because I know that crafting resources are going to be in HIGH demand for the first 3 months as most players will be trying to level up their Crafting skill.

So there will be decent profits in gathering bulk "stacks" of resources and selling it on the Auction. However it would be extremely useful as a gatherer to be able to look on the map and see which resource node you are near and what gathering skill it pertains to.

So far it seems that the only limit being put on skills is the "1 Crafting Skill Limit" as per the crew skills guide on the website (viewed here--->>) http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/crew-skills

There will be a first wave of demand for resources. Unfortunately, everyone will be poor so the credits to be made will be limited in the early days.

I am going to gather like crazy and wait a few weeks before I jump in. People will have a good supply of credits by then and I will ride the high demand/short supply spikes for all they are worth.

There will be a first wave of demand for resources. Unfortunately, everyone will be poor so the credits to be made will be limited in the early days.

I am going to gather like crazy and wait a few weeks before I jump in. People will have a good supply of credits by then and I will ride the high demand/short supply spikes for all they are worth.

Definitely the way to go. Lots of players will play-play-play and come to crafting after a time with plenty of credits and looking to save time.

Of course, the best way to make money is to take three gathering/income skills. Crafting rarely makes money for most players. 90% of players would be richer if they just took gathering and sold the mats. Of course, if 90% of players did that...

Well how it was in beta is that on your minimap you see ALL the nodes that you can access. So for example on your minimap you would see an icon for a node you can harvest. Then if you mouse over it on the minimap, you will see the name of the node (and can then determine if its a scavenging node, bioanalysis, slicing, etc). But (in beta) there was no visual difference between the nodes on the minimap. And knowing the names of the nodes let you know what level your gathering had to be at to successful grab it.

And gathering nodes for skills you do not have do NOT show up on the minimap. So if I dont have the scavenign skill, I wont see the scavenging nodes on the minimap.

Edited by Blaise