Guide to Beating Lightspring Easily

Zaodon

Just did this with 26 gunslinger. My method:

1. Put Corso into passive mode

2. jedi lifts Diago

3. Burst jedi until you get aggro

4. Set Corso to attack so he grabs hate off you

5. Kill jedi.

6. If you're badly hurt or corso drops it doesn't matter as jedi will attack diago and turn him into grey enemy so you can revive corso and recuperate.

7. easy kill on diago.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very easy fight as long as you remember that you have:

3 interrupts (flashbang, kick, and actual interrupt)

Corso's grapling

the other jedi to deal damage

Diago is easy: grapling, interrupt his heals and there you go. Then just take your time, let the rave girls with glow-sticks make their cute catfight, join in when you're bored. Remember to interrupt force abilities as yours CC's are off CD. And claim victory :)

Thanks for the tip. I could not understand why my level 30 gunslinger kept getting her rear kicked by this. I was attacking the Sith first, and if I did it properly, I would wipe her out fairly quick. By then however, Corso was (soon) dead, and it was me and the Jedi taking on Diago. At this point I thought I had it in the bag, but I just about did zero damage against him. I was blasting away, the Jedi was blasting away (at least it looked like it), and he just stood there and laughed in my face basically. And I'd end up thinking, "What just happened?"

Then I tried your method and it was indeed easy as pie.

Bah, I'm not saying OPs plan wouldn't work. But the only thing I'm going to add is, that all you need to finish this fight is to start with Diego (and completely ignore the Sith) and then kill Sith.

Until I realized this I died around 5 times in there.

• 2 weeks later...
Bah, I'm not saying OPs plan wouldn't work. But the only thing I'm going to add is, that all you need to finish this fight is to start with Diego (and completely ignore the Sith) and then kill Sith.

Until I realized this I died around 5 times in there.

I'm pretty sure that is what the OP states. That is why everyone is either thanking him, or agreeing with him

• 2 months later...
Ditto. Same here. It was actually very easy.

I ran into the same thing. Bowdaar died while we killed the Sith. I couldn't DPS enough so I ran outside the instance, summoned Bowdaar, ran back inside and with Bowdaar finally beat him.

• 1 month later...
I'm a level 24 Gunslinger (probably not the best level to do this mission at) and I don't understand how to "pull" Diago out of the fight. Where can you get Corso to learn the grappling shot or is that for Scoundrels only?

I'm a level 24 Gunslinger (probably not the best level to do this mission at) and I don't understand how to "pull" Diago out of the fight. Where can you get Corso to learn the grappling shot or is that for Scoundrels only?

Any tactic based on "Have Corso grapple" is no longer valid, since that ability was removed -- Amid much wailing and rending of garments from the Scoundrel community -- in the 1.2 patch. (It was replaced by his rocket-pack.)

As a 27-ish Gunslinger, I was able to beat the quest on the PTS during the 1.2 testing phase by turning off Corso's jetpack and AOE attacks and just concentrating fire on Diago, using interrupts (distract and flash-bangs) to stop his heals. I'm insufficiently masochistic to level another scoundrel to see if I can get the "gradual pull" technique (keep attacking Diago and slowly backing up along the bridge to get him to follow) to work.

Diago was easy. That was never a problem. For me, the problem was always with 'Kill the Jedi'. Our Jedi just couldn't keep threat and first the Jedi would take out Corso, and then take me out pretty quickly. Am I bad or something?

The only way I found to complete this was to just sit watching the fight, interrupt heals when I could, do a little Charged Burst every 30 seconds or so. I died like 5 or 6 times before finally giving in and being reaaaaallllly patient just to get through this.

Cheers.

No kidding. I did this fight five months ago, so I don't know how the difficulty's been patched; but I killed Diago nine times in a row, easy. Then I would breathe in the general direction of the Sith and she would roflstomp my tank, then me. Over and over and over. I'm accustomed to interrupt-locking casters, but she still had insane damage output, and the Jedi didn't hold threat after I looked in the Sith's direction.

I eventually begged in General Chat and a passing trooper took pity on me.

Am I the only one that simply teamed up with the Sith, killed Diago and the Jedi in about 10 seconds, then went and had hot woman on woman sex while Corso walked away disgusted like the Amish redneck prude that he is? :D Edited by revial

Also 24 (but Sawbones Scoundrel), just finished the fight about a half-hour ago. What you do is put pet on passive, hit Diago with an opener and then a dot if you have one. Turn and run backwards, or walk backwards, shooting and refreshing dot as you go. You want to keep max distance to lure him away. It takes some time, but he will eventually get far enough. When he's at a good distance, have pet attack. The biggest problem I had was interrupting his spam heals - abilities were always on CD, it seemed, and my healer + Corso didn't put out enough DPS. Was a long, slow fight; it like making a sand castle out of pudding.

Also 24 (but Sawbones Scoundrel), just finished the fight about a half-hour ago. What you do is put pet on passive, hit Diago with an opener and then a dot if you have one. Turn and run backwards, or walk backwards, shooting and refreshing dot as you go. You want to keep max distance to lure him away. It takes some time, but he will eventually get far enough. When he's at a good distance, have pet attack. The biggest problem I had was interrupting his spam heals - abilities were always on CD, it seemed, and my healer + Corso didn't put out enough DPS. Was a long, slow fight; it like making a sand castle out of pudding.

This works. I still prefer the pre-nerf harpoon solution but this is a workable approach.

Am I the only one that simply teamed up with the Sith, killed Diago and the Jedi in about 10 seconds, then went and had hot woman on woman sex while Corso walked away disgusted like the Amish redneck prude that he is? :D

ha ha =)

Didn't even know that this was possible. Well, I'm looking forward to seeing how my hubby's smuggler will handle the situations. Mine killed all the evil people like a true goody-goody =)

Am I the only one that simply teamed up with the Sith, killed Diago and the Jedi in about 10 seconds, then went and had hot woman on woman sex while Corso walked away disgusted like the Amish redneck prude that he is? :D

This would have improved my Smuggler's Tatooine experience ten thousandfold. :D

ha ha =)

Didn't even know that this was possible. Well, I'm looking forward to seeing how my hubby's smuggler will handle the situations. Mine killed all the evil people like a true goody-goody =)

Basically, once you meet the Sith early on, you do what she says, like lying to the Jedi, etc. I'd suggest not using Corso during any of those conversations, as he loses like 100+ (I think 132), affection points every time you make a conversation choice that essentially sides/helps the Sith, not that we should care what he thinks. :D

You know you're choosing the right conversation options early on when the Sith basically tells you she's gonna have hot and wild sex with you for helping her via fairly blunt innuendo (at least as a female character; but I assume it's the same if you're male), as well as lamenting the fact that you aren't Force Sensitive, as you'd have made an excellent Sith yourself in her eyes. Also, don't take it personally during that one sequence where she follows you to one of Diago's henchmen, and Imperial Troopers lay in wait to ambush you. Just shrug it off and slaughter the troopers, then continue lying to the silly Jedi who had also followed you and gives you a preaching lecture about what a dishonest bad person you are. :p

When it's all over, and you've left the planet, she'll then send you a mail basically saying when she becomes Emperor (haha), she'll remember what you did for her.

Edited by revial

• 3 weeks later...

barreled into this quest witrh gunslinger at lvl 27 didnt realize it needed some extra attention

to mechanics lol, bowdarr died fast the sith basically 1 shotted me and the wookie lol, came back rezzed bowdarr, killed sith,got 1 shotted again, came back and the jedi and the crime boss dude are slugging it out still lol,

mechanics of a fight aside,my question is this, why should a silver anything my lvl be able to 1 shot me? am ave orange/ blue/ green geared i can see a crit hitting me hard after all silvers are harder , thats a given, but not even a gold my lvl should be able to do that when im at full health, mechanics are one thing but that sith aoe is way over powered for this lvl of a quest

took me a bit to figure out to interrrupt his self heal took me prolly 10 mins to burn him down cause my timing on the interrupts really bot lol

• 6 months later...
Pulled Diago and died many times. I found that concentrating on the Sith first was a good solution. Diago is a hard fight, the Jedi will not hold threat. The only thing that will save you is interrupts. Every time he goes for Med Scan, hit him with Flash Grenade or Distract power. Even then, settle in for a ten minute burn-fest. Corso or Bowdarr, will not survive, and you only barely will. Hang in there and plan on either grouping or redoing this multiple times.