I'm a dps, not a healer.(Tactical Flashpoints)

In 55 tacticals, I agree, no healer needed. In lowbie KDY's, eh, there are times at least off heals can make a big difference. Was in a 4 DPS group the other day and had the general boss, I was 'tanking' as a level 28 Marauder, and even with struggling to hit kolto stations on cooldown and cycling all my cooldowns (yes we cleansed all the grenades) I still spent about half the fight below 20% health, before finally dying once.

I could have easily lived if the Operative with us just threw out 1 or 2 cast heals... but nope, for him, pew pew was more important. I really wished I had camo so I could have just dropped all that crap on them and made them deal with it.

Edited by wadecounty

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming that you didnt, its just that three DPS and a healer is the best way to do KDY. Without a healer youll have to stop and heal for 5-10 seconds after most packs. With one, you steamroll through with no downtime.

To be honest, the best way to do KDY is two beefy DPS and two geared Treeks while in voice chat BSing. It won't get your group finder weekly done but if your buddy wants KDY kits for a speeder it is easy and quick.

Those that don't offheal to keep members up are bad, period. If you have the ability to offheal as a dps and you just let someone die... you're slowing the group down by being stubborn. I leveled a commando from 15-55 completely in KDY and always at LEAST offhealed knowing that it would make flashpoint go by quicker. I always prefer DPS spec so even in DPS spec I would offheal. It's not at all unreasonable a request and why you're in a GROUP to begin with. If it's that unreasonable for you, stick to solo content.

I agree 100% with this statement, and im willing to bet that if the class that can heal ends up tanking something they'll take the time to heal themselves so why be selfish and not do the same for others that are tanking mobs in your group.

Why am I constantly being asked "can you respect to heals, or off heal us". The Tactical Falshpoints does not require

a healer. If you're unable to complete the flashpoint without a healer, decline the queue when it pops...and wait for a group with healer.:):)

Tacticals do not require a healer and are certainly not difficult to complete without one, but having a healer makes everything faster and smoother. Without a healer, you will spend about as much time in combat as you do standing around using your out of combat recharge abilities. Yeah, you have more dps, but it actually takes far longer. If one person spends their time healing, it means you can just plow through things without stopping. No stopping to rez the lowbie marauder who doesnt know where their cooldowns are, nothing.

That being said, if you are queued as a dps (and are in the group as a dps) and people are asking you to heal, you are under absolutely ZERO obligation to do so. If they kick you for not healing, they are just *******es. HOWEVER. If you have heals selected, which will always put you in the group as a 'healer," and refuse to heal, then the problem is yours. There is no role priority for tacticals, you dont get a group any faster if you select all the roles your class is capable of performing or just the one you intend to use.

If running a tactical with a healer matters so much for some people, they shouldn't leave this very important thing to group finder luck giving you the right random strangers and queue with a friend/guildie and be done with it.

Just because your advanced class has the capability of healing that doesn't mean you should do it. Some people don't like healing and no good enough reason to do it if they don't want to. Or some simply don't have the respec field perk bought.

Yes, a healer makes the run much smoother but if you want one, get one before queuing or deal with whatever group finder gives you. Don't hassle anyone to do it.

• 1 year later...

The healer and tank spec is there for a reason,. I'm not interested in armchair quarterbacking. Idiots that try and claim that flashpoint's don't require them can kiss my a*&, no one thinks your intelligent or elite. Firstly we don't all go in with pre-made groups where people know how to use their CC's and abilities in an intelligent way to get the outcome we need, wouldn't it be nice if they did, but dime-a-dozen *****-for-brains DPS is the run of the mill. It's funny I can queue for a flashpoint and about 90% of them without a healer or tank ends up with the tank dieing because there's 3 DPS who are pulling mobs for the tank, more than should have been pulled and not watching health or bothering to self heal between pulls or waiting for the tank to heal between the pulls(no brains), or no tank and DPS chain pulling like idiots, so healer has to spam heal like crazy and ends up face tanking the mobs because of threat

If your going to throw any class into a flashpoint , then you better give everyone the ability to heal/tank/DPS on each class. because someone has to pick up the pieces when there are ******* in the group. If I tank I get the situation as described above and if I heal I get some of the above too. It happens almost every PUG flashpoint

I agree with the OP. My main is a Smuggler Scoundrel Ruffian. Yes I have the base scoundrel heal and I don't mind using them in-between fights in a Tactical, but I am a dot spec dps not a healer. If I wanted to be a healer, I would have gone Saw Bones.

Also I feel for everyone that mentioned having to hold the hand of the rest of their group. No joke, I've actually had to dps, heal, and tank in some post-4.0 Tacticals as a Smuggler Scoundrel Ruffian. Due to the fact the rest of the group wouldn't and there has been times where there was a dps guardian in the group that could have fake tanked as I fake healed.

Then there are those runs with other players with advance class that you know that have at least base heals, that won't help with healing. Then there are those that don't know what an interrupt or a defense ability is.

I'm done ranting now. In the end I don't mind a good challenge. I'm currently level 60 (Waiting on next Tuesday to level up to 65.) and have done my share of Hard Modes and Nightmare Modes, but a Tactical should not be as chaotic as they currently are post-4.0.

Edited by purewitz