RE: "Reward" (code) Redemption & Collection

Kaveat

Over the years, the amount of mail for various rewards is staggering, and annoying - having to wade through and collect (or delete) every single mail item, on every character... #shabw

You even had to make changes to the items because some scruffy nerf herder(s) decided it would be a 'good idea' to endlessly create and delete characters just to farm the vendor price from some of the rewards.

The proposal to correct this on all fronts:

• add all code redemption items to collections
  • move the code redemption option from the website to the in-game cartel market
  • make all code redemption items be a legacy wide unlock by default
  • convert all older rewards to this new system
  • move the code redemption history to the cartel market purchase history

Pro's:

• We no longer have to sort through piles and piles of 'junk mail' for the few items we actually want on alt #XX
  • You get to retire the old reward system
  • Given your existing track for "subscriber rewards", this simplifies the conversion to 'now available for CC's' at a later time
  • You remove the abuse potential as all cartel items are blocked from vendor sale by default.
    - still need to add a SH deco of a SW vendor version of SalvArm to "donate" (easily clear out) claimed items that are not wanted

snip

yes, esp when can no longer vendor items due to prior abuse and have to click/drag/confirm delete every item that is now clogging up the inventory.

snip

Once again, not seeing any contribution to the topic/issue other than your snarky personal opinion.

yes, esp when can no longer vendor items due to prior abuse and have to click/drag/confirm delete every item that is now clogging up the inventory.

Actually, I've just gotten to the point where I know what most mails contain, so I just pick the ones I want to keep, then hit the delete all, without even claiming. It stops the dragging, etc. I agree, that is a pain in the 'ahem'

As for the suggestion to make most of it, legacy unlocked in collections, so we don't have to grab them all, that would be great. Obviously there are some this won't work for, but it should clear up most of the mails :)