Simply cannot fathom why Bioware isn't communicating how many people they've invited

BigCaius

I wouldn't really call this a complaint thread because I knew I wasn't going to get in for a few days anyways. That being said, this really perplexes me because I consider myself someone who likes to understand people/company's motives for doing things.

I cannot think of a single reason why bioware would not be communicating to us how many people have been invited so far or how many people were just invited in x wave.

There is no promise involved in this, there is no way they would have to go back on their word (because they are simply stating how many people have already been invited).

You could say perhaps its because they do not want people scrutinizing the size(s) of their waves, but honestly people who haven't gotten invited yet are going to complain about the wave sizes/frequency no matter what.

I just think that more communication and more transparency is a good thing. I am not saying that we DESERVE to know the size of the waves...like I said I just can't think of a good reason why bioware would not give us this simple piece of information.

I will hold off on saying ZOMGZ POOR COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT until I hear what some of you think...but if none of you can think of a good reason for it then I really don't know if there is any other conclusion that can be drawn

Post here if you think more transparency is almost always a good thing!

I second that opinion.

AT A MINIMUM THEY COULD POST WHAT DATE OF REDEMPTION THEY ARE UP TO!!!!

I preorded on 24 July and I'm wondering if I missed the email or if it went straight to junk mail or if there is some other problem?

I'm checking my router every 15 minutes to make sure it hasn't crashed etc.

I cannot think of a single reason why bioware would not be communicating to us how many people have been invited so far or how many people were just invited in x wave.

The more information they give, the more people whine and complain.

I second that opinion.

I preorded on 24 July and I'm wondering if I missed the email or if it went straight to junk mail or if there is some other problem?

The simple truth is that it's not our business. What we want and what we get are two different things.

I second that opinion.

Just check your account? I don't think that you need the email.

The more information they give, the more people whine and complain.

THIS!!!

Lets say they had 100k people sign up on the first day. and they wanted to split that number up into 2 groups. 50k at 8am and the other 50k at 12pm. Then as soon as they told people that they would be complaining that they should have been in group 1.

Edited by jarjarloves

I wouldn't really call this a complaint thread because I knew I wasn't going to get in for a few days anyways. That being said, this really perplexes me because I consider myself someone who likes to understand people/company's motives for doing things.

There is no promise involved in this, there is no way they would have to go back on their word (because they are simply stating how many people have already been invited).

You could say perhaps its because they do not want people scrutinizing the size(s) of their waves, but honestly people who haven't gotten invited yet are going to complain about the wave sizes/frequency no matter what.

I just think that more communication and more transparency is a good thing. I am not saying that we DESERVE to know the size of the waves...like I said I just can't think of a good reason why bioware would not give us this simple piece of information.

I will hold off on saying ZOMGZ POOR COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT until I hear what some of you think...but if none of you can think of a good reason for it then I really don't know if there is any other conclusion that can be drawn

Post here if you think more transparency is almost always a good thing!

LOL!

If you want transparency perhaps you should have been an investor for this project. Think at 51% you might be able to demand answers. Until then I guess you are sorry out of luck!

Here's a good reason: we're not interested in broadcasting those figures to the world. That kind of information is usually kept internal, and there are good reasons for that.

Here's another reason: even if I gave you exact numbers, it actually wouldn't help you understand when you'll get in. (Which is why the charts circulating showing 'pre-order numbers' aren't actually helpful. Those numbers are based in the most part on guesswork.)

Here's a third reason: it'll cause more problems than it solves, right now.

I'll have an update later on today's invites.