16man Soa Hard Mode Walkthrough Video

Hey everyone,

I've just uploaded our 16man Soa Hard Mode kill video/walkthrough for everyone. Hopefully there are tips you all can use in there to help get the kill on him before the nerf! As always all feedback is welcome, and I'll answer any questions as best I can! Although if you could ask them via comment on that video that would be best since I check those a lot more than I check these forums. :) Also that way the answers are there for anyone else who watches the video.

Thanks guys!

I have been raiding 5 hours a night, 6 nights a week since the 20th I think. Hah.

Stuff is really on farm at this point anyway. :) Some nights we end early... but we have basically did something every night if there was something up we could do. We did take a few nights off this week since all that is left is bonethrasher Hard Mode and people really would rather do RL stuff than do that!

Edited by Niclamus

Hah, it reminds me of my days in WoW with Premonition. Good ol' days, sadly this is no longer possible for me. Content is pretty easy so far, so that many raid nights aren't even required to clear HM and NM ops (except SOA NM, for obvious reasons). Im kinda happy though, we go a chill (some may call it, casual xD) schedule and still able to clear content relatively quick.

Other than that, good video, pretty much the same strat we did.

Edited by Pintaphilly

I won't go into the other commenter claiming easy content, most likely 8 man, but thank you very much for the video, we'll be doing our first 16 man pulls on it Monday and were considering more tanks for the lightning balls, glad to see that it wasn't that crazy of an idea. GL to you in your NM Soa progression!

I won't go into the other commenter claiming easy content, most likely 8 man, but thank you very much for the video, we'll be doing our first 16 man pulls on it Monday and were considering more tanks for the lightning balls, glad to see that it wasn't that crazy of an idea. GL to you in your NM Soa progression!

No 8 man, 16 man. If an encounter didn't take more than 50 attempts (and I am being generous here) then I don't consider it hard. 16 man HM SOA took us around 28 attempts, give or take. NM took a lot less for first 4 bosses.

Now take note, I am comparing it to WoW, why? Cause there were many encounters that took hundreds of attempts, especially in the Sunwell days. But as I said before, I am enjoying the casual direction Bioware is taking the game, didn't expect anything more and is what I was looking coming from a hardcore guild (Premonition).

Also, I am not saying raids should be similar to WoW's, cause for starters, it's not very similar. I respect Bioware for the mechanics they tried to use in the current ops, but they are very simplistic; unique, but a very fast learning curve to them. If people know how to play their class, and have very basic awareness skills (tunnel visioning is bad!!), then you are bound to do well.

There is a reason a lot of guilds have already cleared 5/5 HM and 4/5 NM in the first 3 weeks of the game. Not to mention, gear drops like candy, gearing up is very fast.

Edited by Pintaphilly

To be fair we actually just have shadows soaking the damage, they are typically still in their DPS specs.

Can you pop the lightning balls by running into them, or must they be taunted ? Just wondering if we need to bring a 2nd tank on 8 mans for this.

If your raid is competent enough, they can target the pylons and see who the ball is on anyway.

We never call out balls or have to taunt them, people just turn their monitors on and can see who its on based off movement mirrors. You can blow them up.

If your raid is competent enough, they can target the pylons and see who the ball is on anyway.

Close, the pylons cannot actually be targeted, nor is the ball's target while it is still spawning the actual target it goes after 93.75% of the time.

Once the ball starts moving you can see whos target it actually is. The ball does (slowly) mirror movement of it's target so it is pretty easy to see who it is going after. Having "tanks" soak damage on 16man is the easiest way to do it. It is also the most common way among guilds who have killed the boss of doing it also.

8man there is no need to have people taunt the balls.

Make sure people are running directly through the center of the ball to detonate it and take as little of the AOE damage as possible.

Close, the pylons cannot actually be targeted, nor is the ball's target while it is still spawning the actual target it goes after 93.75% of the time.

Once the ball starts moving you can see whos target it actually is. The ball does (slowly) mirror movement of it's target so it is pretty easy to see who it is going after. Having "tanks" soak damage on 16man is the easiest way to do it. It is also the most common way among guilds who have killed the boss of doing it also.

8man there is no need to have people taunt the balls.

Make sure people are running directly through the center of the ball to detonate it and take as little of the AOE damage as possible.

Then you are experiencing something we have not yet. Its quite possible to target the pylon while a ball is spawning inside (sorry if I confused you), and its also accurate. On only one occasion the ball wasn't targetting who it was supposed to be, and that was because that target died as the ball was spawning.

I think you may be confused with something else. Or you are doing something wrong. Who knows with all the bugs.

Edited by Artacks

Then you are experiencing something we have not yet. Its quite possible to target the pylon while a ball is spawning inside (sorry if I confused you), and its also accurate. On only one occasion the ball wasn't targetting who it was supposed to be, and that was because that target died as the ball was spawning.

I think you may be confused with something else. Or you are doing something wrong. Who knows with all the bugs.

I don't mind you trying to comment in and help people, but you're spreading misinformation. I understand you haven't been able to kill this boss yet so you probably haven't figured out the mechanics. Keep working at it, I'm sure you'll get it.

I also have videos up for Annihilation Droid XRR-3, Gharj, and the Infernal Council so you can work on those nightmare modes. I'm sure you'll get your first kill in on them soon. Grats on your nightmare pylon kill by the way.

Edited by Niclamus

To all else interested, if you target the pylons as the balls are spawning, you can see who the ball is targetting. This fight, done correctly, only requires 1 tank. If your raid pays attention they can go pop their own balls (at the correct time) and only take 2-3k damage. Just wait until the ball is completely dimmed out to pop it.

This way you can put more DPS on the boss, and less time having tanks that aren't needed run in circles around the room pulling balls.

This will put you WELL ahead of the enrage timer if done correctly.

Edited by Artacks

I had a long post here responding to yours, however I have decided that it really isn't worth the time to argue with you about this. Anyone who knows the encounter can tell that... well.. you don't by the fact that you mentioned an enrage timer.

I understand your need to feel relevant in the endgame scene in this game, and your inability to complete content with your current guild leaves you no choice but to come to the forums and tell stories. However, please do it outside of my threads.

I also can understand that you are probably upset that the guild that was founded mostly by people who left your guild because they couldn't stand your personality is doing so much better than yours. Once again, not my problem as I wasn't part of that group, leave it out of my threads.

If you truly want to help contribute to the endgame scene in this game the first thing you need to do is find a way to motivate your current guild and complete the content. Only then will you have the knowledge to help others do the same. As you have not done this, please stop trying to mislead people as there are people who post on these forums looking for actual help to complete encounters.

Edited by Niclamus

Despite what you guys think, I don't follow you around like you follow me. I thought after a while it would get blown over, but I still have people daily coming to my IRC telling me they interviewed with you guys, and all you did was talk about me, we've had to redo our site standards because people like Fipps were trying to poach members from us, you come into our progression threads and troll us.

We've done nothing but try to help out, I even showed Cepheid how to put up a proper screenshot of a boss kill so you guys wouldn't be questioned on its validity.

When are you going to move on? We're all trying to help the community here, so stop your childish grudges against me and help build the community instead of tear it down.

Edited by Artacks

You follow us religiously. The easiest example of that was when Jaxon hit level 50, you instantly posted stating you did it first. We then checked and you were still in the 40s, not even close.

We started working on Soa HM, you then posted stating you killed it not only before us - but before AoD. However you could never provide any proof of it and your own guildmates came out stating you guys hadn't even got to Soa in Hardmode yet, also that you posted that without their knowledge. This isn't an issue of us following you, but rather you following us and then making up lies to the community. The only content you have proof of clearing is Pylons Nightmare.

I am not a part of the people that left your group, and I really didn't care about what happened between you and them until it affected me directly by your downvoting my videos on YouTube. Obviously you are going to deny it, but it was pretty clear that it was you since only moments before you were watching my stream. Then all of a sudden every video I had uploaded, videos showing the guild you follow so closely doing content you haven't been able to, were downvoted.

I still really don't care about your actions as MOST of them did not affect me, however I am genuinely trying to help the community and you are being very counterproductive in that by spreading misinformation. Please go elsewhere to do that.

EDIT: Nice, your news posts I referenced in my original long posts have disappeared off your website. Including your proof of killing pylons on Nightmare.

Edited by Niclamus

You follow us religiously. The easiest example of that was when Jaxon hit level 50, you instantly posted stating you did it first. We then checked and you were still in the 40s, not even close.

Yeah you're delusional. This conversation is over. Clearly you guys are still holding a giant grudge about god knows what, and are now re-writing history for the purpose of... well, I'm not even sure to tell you the truth. I neither cared, nor knew what people in your guild hit 50, because again, I was too busy leveling and not following you around like you have OPW for the last 8 months. I never claimed to be world first 50. All I did was post the time that I hit 50. Again, making a character on my server to "check my level"? Its borderline stalkerish. I understand you guys are upset, but really? Do you not see the obsession here? I try to ignore it but you guys keep bringing up how crazy you are!

I haven't watched your stream since beta, sorry man. I didn't downrate your youtube videos. Someone probably realized how bad they were and did it themselves. I suggest fixing the quality of your product, and stop flattering yourself. I could care less about your guilds crappy strats that aren't even the easiest route of completion.

As far as misinformation goes, its not. I understand you failed to include that in your strat, or didn't know about it and are embarrased, but it works. Whether or not its bugged for you, who knows. We're here to help build the community, not troll it every time someone has a different opinion than us. I suggest you learn to do the same, or this game you think you are so good at will quickly disappear as fast as it emerged.

Edited by Artacks

Ok ok ok as much as i love fighting because the struggle of humanity is a personal enjoyment of mine. This is idiotic from both of you, not trying to hurt peoples feelings or anything but just stop (or do it over live chat and invite me because i would love to see this). Fighting gives you both and both of your guilds a bad image and we don't want that do we?

So Ntk thank you for the video because it was very helpful even though i am not 50 and my guild is still building for end game. Artacks please don't come in and say that they may be doing the fight wrong, your guild hasn't downed him yet so from a viewer stand point it makes your comments look less eligible for strategies...

Now I love what your guilds and you guys are doing for the community because i am focusing more on raids in this MMO than PvP like i have in others in the past. So lets all pool our knowledge and experience together and be a constructive community.

That is all... <3

Artacks please don't come in and say that they may be doing the fight wrong, your guild hasn't downed him yet so from a viewer stand point it makes your comments look less eligible for strategies...

You're right, we haven't killed anything :rolleyes:

Ok ok ok as much as i love fighting because the struggle of humanity is a personal enjoyment of mine. This is idiotic from both of you, not trying to hurt peoples feelings or anything but just stop (or do it over live chat and invite me because i would love to see this). Fighting gives you both and both of your guilds a bad image and we don't want that do we?

So Ntk thank you for the video because it was very helpful even though i am not 50 and my guild is still building for end game. Artacks please don't come in and say that they may be doing the fight wrong, your guild hasn't downed him yet so from a viewer stand point it makes your comments look less eligible for strategies...

Now I love what your guilds and you guys are doing for the community because i am focusing more on raids in this MMO than PvP like i have in others in the past. So lets all pool our knowledge and experience together and be a constructive community.

That is all... <3

I completely agree, and Nerf Dialogue will no longer be responding to Artacks because we believe nothing productive occurs from doing so.

We want to do our best to promote cooperation and understanding among the community, and our goals as a guild are to progress and contribute to the community in a positive manner. On behalf of the guild, I apologize for exchanges such as the aforementioned one, and Nerf Dialogue as a guild will be taking precautions so they do not occur in the future.

Nerf Dialogue wishes you luck with your guild and your future raids.

EDIT: Nice, your news posts I referenced in my original long posts have disappeared off your website. Including your proof of killing pylons on Nightmare.

And ghraj, annie, and council. We figured we would throw you a bone. Now you can officially say you beat us to that too! :rolleyes:

Don't say we never did anything for you. We just don't care that much about smashing our competition into the ground (which we did) on first wave content. (kinda like you were saying to Noxx about their kill until you did the same thing )

Edited by Artacks

We use tanks to taunt the balls. Find it easier to have 2 people manage the balls instead of 6 at a time. Less vent chatter, and chaos imo. This is most helpful in the burn phase as our dps gets to position themselves and go nuts. FWIW we have gotten him to 16% on the first pillar.

We use tanks to taunt the balls. Find it easier to have 2 people manage the balls instead of 6 at a time. Less vent chatter, and chaos imo. This is most helpful in the burn phase as our dps gets to position themselves and go nuts. FWIW we have gotten him to 16% on the first pillar.

We use 3 people DPS specced with taunts to handle the balls, and they turn onto the boss each burn phase (Ntk didn't explain it correctly in the video).

Edit:

Those 3 people sit in their own channel in mumble with a dedicated healer to keep chatter to a minimum amongst the majority of the raid and so that they can coordinate balls amongst themselves.

Edited by conezero