Rage DPS for PVE?

MantorokTwelve

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been gearing my juggy back up for DPS, he's in some ****** *** gear, parses at 1500 in veng and 1650ish in rage without an adrenal. I'm kind of surprised at Rage being higher, considering that for my gear level (I **** you not, I still have a piece of tanking gear in the dps set while I build it.) you'd think Vengeance would be higher.

Tomorrow I'll write up the basic rotation for rage, as I'm guessing that in full bis 63 running 2k in rage spec on the dummy honestly isn't going to be too hard if I'm doing 1650 with no 4 set bonus and these stats (unstimmed):

2070 Strength

118 Willpower

785 Power (Using two champ relics with +97 power each... lol)

174 Crit rating

279 Surge rating

201 Accuracy rating

63 Absorb rating

57 Shield rating

BiS for Rage Juggernaut would be (With Exotech Stim)- http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/485807d9-e63c-4329-9af0-79aaa6c34133

2379 Strength

147 Willpower

1002 Power (With Dread Guard Clicky Power, With Elite War Hero Static it would be 1122 Power)

180 Accuracy

152 Crit Rating

417 Surge Rating

This Spec's BiS Relic Combo Is a DG Relic of Boundless Ages (An EWH is an acceptable replacement) and a DG Relic of the Cerulean Nova.

(If you counted both relics as EWH in this build, this is a total of 748 more total points in an offensive budget over my current stats, or *approximately* representative of a solid 20%+ [1.1998%] increase in DPS which would come out to be be very close to 2k dps at ~1977. Mind you, without adrenals. So, likely 2k and some change with adrenals.)

Spec is 2/8/31 if anyone is interested. Take 1 in Accuracy under Veng and 2 in Dreadnaught. Obviously the 2 in Immortal is for Enraged Sunder. This is the easiest build to maintain positive rage rotations for sure, The alternative is 0/10/30 if you feel more comfortable with rage (This is the best damage dealing spec, pound for pound. The gear I have here in the BiS list relies on it).

All in all, looking at the spec and how it performed in the raids I was playing with tonight, I feel that it is solid for PvE, and has utility in its AoE on certain fights. As well as it potentially dealing more straight damage than Vengeance before 30%, and keeping within 5% of Vengeance post 30%. There is no real reason to look down on a rage jugg provided they know their rotation and the raid. As always, bring the player to the raid; not the class.

I'll be more than happy to write a rotation guide and theorycrafting up as well in the upcoming weeks etc .

Edited by IAmViiOLENT

I've been gearing my juggy back up for DPS, he's in some ****** *** gear, parses at 1500 in veng and 1650ish in rage without an adrenal. I'm kind of surprised at Rage being higher, considering that for my gear level (I **** you not, I still have a piece of tanking gear in the dps set while I build it.) you'd think Vengeance would be higher.

Tomorrow I'll write up the basic rotation for rage, as I'm guessing that in full bis 63 running 2k in rage spec on the dummy honestly isn't going to be too hard if I'm doing 1650 with no 4 set bonus and these stats (unstimmed):

2070 Strength

118 Willpower

174 Crit rating

279 Surge rating

201 Accuracy rating

63 Absorb rating

57 Shield rating

BiS for Rage Juggernaut would be (With Exotech Stim)- http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/485807d9-e63c-4329-9af0-79aaa6c34133

2379 Strength

147 Willpower

1002 Power (With Dread Guard Clicky Power, With Elite War Hero Static it would be 1122 Power)

180 Accuracy

152 Crit Rating

417 Surge Rating

This Spec's BiS Relic Combo Is a DG Relic of Boundless Ages (An EWH is an acceptable replacement) and a DG Relic of the Cerulean Nova.

(If you counted both relics as EWH in this build, this is a total of 748 more total points in an offensive budget over my current stats, or *approximately* representative of a solid 20%+ [1.1998%] increase in DPS which would come out to be be very close to 2k dps at ~1977. Mind you, without adrenals. So, likely 2k and some change with adrenals.)

Spec is 2/8/31 if anyone is interested. Take 1 in Accuracy under Veng and 2 in Dreadnaught. Obviously the 2 in Immortal is for Enraged Sunder. This is the easiest build to maintain positive rage rotations for sure, The alternative is 0/10/30 if you feel more comfortable with rage (This is the best damage dealing spec, pound for pound. The gear I have here in the BiS list relies on it).

All in all, looking at the spec and how it performed in the raids I was playing with tonight, I feel that it is solid for PvE, and has utility in its AoE on certain fights. As well as it potentially dealing more straight damage than Vengeance before 30%, and keeping within 5% of Vengeance post 30%. There is no real reason to look down on a rage jugg provided they know their rotation and the raid. As always, bring the player to the raid; not the class.

I'll be more than happy to write a rotation guide and theorycrafting up as well in the upcoming weeks etc .

This is a good post.

I think Vengeance and Rage both have a niche to fill. Vengeance is a bit sturdier for a melee DPS which is definitely a consideration if you're already bringing enough deeps but need to stay alive, and its also an awesome clutch DPS with auto crit Vicious Throws, which is great for things like finishing off the walker in 3 shots in Nightmare EC, last 10% of Writhing Horror, last 10% of Kephess in TFB, last 15% of Terror From Beyond, last 60% of Kephess in EC... just a ton of situations actually :)

Rage if played optimally can beat out Vengeance by a bit before targets hit that 30% mark, and also will be useful for AOE phases.

I think if you're being expected to be one of the DPS that carries your raid, Rage can do that a bit easier. But if you have 3 other solid DPS'ers, Vengeance is more useful because its sturdier and is slightly better at picking up a boss should a tank drop, and has that under 30% hp niche. Rage has no true niche as a DPS besides maybe burst AOE (Vengeance does better sustained AOE), other classes will beat it out above 30%, but nothing beats Vengeance when a target is under 30%).

Edited by wadecounty

2070 Strength

118 Willpower

174 Crit rating

279 Surge rating

201 Accuracy rating

63 Absorb rating

57 Shield rating

2379 Strength

147 Willpower

180 Accuracy

152 Crit Rating

417 Surge Rating

Do you not like the free force scream/blade storm talent at all? I've been playing focus on my guardian for a bit now, and I really love that talent, but I feel I could do just fine without the extra focus/rage on sunder. Currently I do 4/6/31, but it would be nice to get a couple extra points into strength and accuracy. Not positive what I dummy-parse on him anymore though, haven't done that in a while.

Do you not like the free force scream/blade storm talent at all? I've been playing focus on my guardian for a bit now, and I really love that talent, but I feel I could do just fine without the extra focus/rage on sunder. Currently I do 4/6/31, but it would be nice to get a couple extra points into strength and accuracy. Not positive what I dummy-parse on him anymore though, haven't done that in a while.

The best pure damage spec for Rage is 0/10/30

There is no point to the force scream talent in PvE, as at most you'd be able to use it 2-3 times per fight (Assuming you get knocked back.)

You take the acc talent as it allows you to put less accuracy in and get more surge.

There is no point to the force scream talent in PvE, as at most you'd be able to use it 2-3 times per fight (Assuming you get knocked back.)

You take the acc talent as it allows you to put less accuracy in and get more surge.

The free force scream procs on obliterate, so you basically get it free every time its up...

That's not really true at all in practice, first of all plenty of boss fights require a good deal of moving and charge opportunities (everything but Terror From Beyond itself in TFB, and every boss fight in EC).

Second, I think you're forgetting that talent also makes Scream free after Obliterate, which is an integral part of your rotation in Rage spec. Meaning with that talent, every single Scream you use should be free.

1847 DPS in Rage spec, with half 58 half 61 gear.

Using Rakata Stim, and Adrenals- http://www.torparse.com/a/88021/1

Stat Setup- (Includes Stim)

2227 Strength

118 Willpower

950 Power (Two Champ Power relics, still don't have real relics)

194 Crit

210 Accuracy

333 Surge

This certifies to me at least that spec, rotation, and gearing wise, I'm going in the right direction. Rage is DEFINITELY raid worthy DPS.

Don't mind me, I wasn't paying attention. Wrong dummy. Sigh. That said, on an ops dummy I'm easily sustained 1800 with those stats. Sorry about the **** warzone, I was parsing on a buds ship so he could **** with the armor debuff and we realized after that in his ship the wz training dummy is in a different spot -.- Edited by IAmViiOLENT

In the hopes of saving this travesty of a thread. 5 min parses on my ships Operations dummy.

http://www.torparse.com/a/90874 gear & spec: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/963aa42e-39e5-4b68-9543-fca3dd00ac70

http://www.torparse.com/a/90888 same gear as above but replace an EWH relic with a Dreadguard OBH with no augment. Didn't augment it because I cashed it back in to the vendor.

Probably could do more, maybe give or take 20 DPS but didn't want to sit and do 5 minute parses for a couple of hours. Boring.

IMHO Rage Juggs are viable for all of the games content but Marauders do like 200 more DPS.

Any other Juggs doing heaps better than this? If so post gear and spec and don't be bad like most of the previous posts here.

Edited by MouldyCrow

Was doing like 1750 (give or take 20) on my guardian in full 61s (27 offhand armoring but 26 hilt) using prototype stem and no adrenals. Ship ops dummy.

Since then I was walking a guildy through the basics on his spec and rotation for his jugg, and looked at my spec and moved some points around for what should be a solid gain. Also grabbed 27 hilt.

And that was with more mistakes in the rotation made than I want to think about. Still getting to where the spec is second nature, this is not really close to my primary toon (though currently one of my favorites to play)

Really wish I had made him a jugg though, its annoying trying to raid on a cross faction alt.

Don't mind me, I wasn't paying attention. Wrong dummy. Sigh. That said, on an ops dummy I'm easily sustained 1800 with those stats. Sorry about the **** warzone, I was parsing on a buds ship so he could **** with the armor debuff and we realized after that in his ship the wz training dummy is in a different spot -.-

Also I forgot. I call BS on this unless I see a parse.