Was Revan handled right? (Honest Opinion)

Neltronluur

Finally, I think Meetra got off easy compared to Revan. She died almost instantly and became a force spirit while Revan was locked up for 300 years, facing mental torture and getting his life-force leeched out of him the entire time.

Drew ripped apart anything that made her character interesting and unique then turned her into generic Jedi #3187, not only that but in both major battles, she is made to look far far weaker than her counterpart Revan who had been imprisoned for six years.

Yes and no. He had been locked in stasis, fighting a mental war with Vitiate for 300 years. Now, Jeff Bennett doing his voice was outstanding.

His motives in Foundry were good, but his methods were 100% Dark Side. Ending the war was a great motive. Unfortunately, killing nearly every man, woman, and child in the Empire was not the way to go about it. Revan should have seen that, but he was blinded by his insanity.

Now, without proper backstory on what happens to him between Jedi Prisoner and Foundry, we have nothing to go on as to WHY he went completely off his rocker again. There are several story hiccups along the way. Malgus saying Revan was "released" obviously wasn't true, if we go off the Jedi Prisoner FP. What happened when he went to Tython? How did he react to seeing his great great great great great granddaughter as Grandmaster of the Jedi Order? None of these questions have been answered.

Jedi Prisoner was good. Foundry was hack work.

Just my view.

Read the book "Revan" it explains what happens.

Yes, (This spoiler contains Jedi Knight story spoilers)

After reassembling his companions and finding the Emperor he is betrayed by Lord Scourge and imprisoned where the Emperor walked through Revan's mind for 300 years. I'm pretty sure ANYONE who's imprisoned for that long and has his mind played with like silly puddy would go insane. Stop acting like if Revan was this person who can't die and lives a happy life with cookies and luxury in the end. Not all stories have a happy ending, but at least in SW:TOR the Jedi Knight class can confront and defeat the Emperor doing something Revan failed twice to do.

Been a while since I ran BP and the Foundry, but wasn't it Revan's droids would kill anyone with Sith heritage or a drop of Sith blood, for a lack of better term? HK then estimates it to be about 97% of the Imperial population but he conveniently leaves out any defectors to the Republic or those who may be Republic citizens and happen to have ancient Sith lineage going back decades,generations or hundreds of years.

If I'm remembering that correctly, it makes Revan a lot nuttier and dangerously close to falling again or full on Dark Side without even being aware of it.

Ever wonder where all the pureblood vanished to after this time period? I think it's safe to say HK's plan managed to succeed in some way even after what happen in the flashpoint.

i didn't come from Kotor (probably i should go and play it) the first i knew of revan was when i was reading the novel, and i thought it was great. in no way did the exile seem like another generic jedi to me.

i'm guessing by generic jedi what your are saying is any jedi in the acadamy could have played her role in the book and you not have know the difference ?

she might not have come across as an extraordinary force user (although cutting yoursefl off from the force then re-learning it all again, seem quite powerful to me), but she was the only one that could have found revan. i seen it said that her death was poor, as she should have sensed scrourge about to stab her in the back, to this i would say all her attention was on the emperor, at any other time she would have seen this betrayal coming, but right there right then, there was only one thing on her mind, and that is why she didn't notice it. i didn't think her death was insulting to her powers in anyway. and to my last pont about her, she had to be the person to find and help revan as she was the only person that could have stayed with him the way she did for 300 years helping him fight the emperor, only she had that sort of connection, a connection not even his own wife had, as we found out when meetra and bastila met

as for revan, in what way was he done bad? i thought he was a great character, he had a kinda confidence that didn't boil over into arrogance which i thought made him likeable, and came out while he was with the mandalorians, and his time in the cell with scourge. being both of the dark and the light made him very powerful but really messed up his head, which i thought came through the whole book, (right at the beginning hes stood on his balcony couldn't sleep, i know this is to do with the threat he senses, but it is explained that him not sleeping is not a new thing) there was his loss of memory and the way the other jedi shunned him, even though he was a public hero, the whole story had a tragic feel to it, which i guess is the fate of any jedi touched by the dark, you might be able to turn back to the light but you will never be the same again

i thought the ending of the book was very well done. sure the exile died and the droid got fried (droids can be rebulit, and scourge could have picked up the pieces,,, you never know), but meetra had to die, it was the only way revan could have achieved his goal of stopping the emperors invasion. sure they could have beat the emperor as an alternate ending. but that kinda goes agains the whole tragedy feel of the book (which as i said i believe comes from the fact that revan was once darkside) so they battle the most powerful being in the galaxy and at the same time are betrayed by a sith (lets face it, it is what they do) the outcome seemsed pretty spot on to me. as much as the last chapter is hard to read, it is offset by the epilogue where we find out that revan sacrifice was not in vain, he secured the future he was fighting for, for his child.

the game appearance of revan i guess kinda makes senae after 300 years in a box, you would messed up too

as i said, i didn't come from kotor so revan and meetra was new to me, and i guess that has a lot to do with why i don't feel like they ruined revan. but i do understand where alot fo ppl are coming from. i love tekken, and in tekken there is a character called "king" my fav character, if they made a story and treated king in a way which i thought made him look like a chump and then killed him off, i'm sure i would be as upset and angry as some of you are now.

pew, sorry abit long winded lol

Drew ripped apart anything that made her character interesting and unique then turned her into generic Jedi #3187, not only that but in both major battles, she is made to look far far weaker than her counterpart Revan who had been imprisoned for six years.

That is just your opinion. I don't think she looked weak or uninteresting at all, and I always figured Revan was the stronger of the two.

I think Drew and Bioware completely tore apart the whole KotOR franchise and sacrificed it just so they could sell more copies of SWTOR.

This.

The portrayal of both Revan and the Exile in the novel and SWTOR made the KotOR fan in me cry. They had no business being in SWTOR, therefore the novel should have been handled WAY differently. (Especially the whole "Exile acting like Revan's padawan fangirl who gets jealous of Bastila before going out like a chump" nonsense. :rolleyes: Even how her Force Ghost was portrayed annoyed me.)

Interesting and unique? Considering she was just a generic PC character for a sequel to an RPG, she did not have too much of a character. If I was going to argue like you, I would say they not only destroyed her character, they made her a woman instead of a man and made he a loyal general to Revan when he should have kept Malachor V together, harnessed the powers of the Dark Side, and hunted down Revan to take from him his power.

Since I am sensing a "I mean during the game events" character which is not her actual character but the events that happened, what place did they have in the novel? I will concede that Revan is Drew's favorite character and he has shown his favoritism beforehand but he has released his statement and brings out good points. Regardless of his writing capability (opinions will vary), he has shown knowledge that a Mary Sue character who slaughters and demolishes all in his path is not an ideal form of story telling, as is placing details to the story which do not enhance the overall story.

As a novel, it was the story of Revan. The fact the Exile got a backstory told about her at all is impressive, but Darth Nihilus, Sion, and many other characters had no need to be referenced. Would it be nice if they were? Probably, but again what did it add? Nothing but a fan's, "Oo oo, I remember that from playing the game!"

I think some people misinterpret the basic character of a LS, female Exile from the games. The only aspect of her character I believe that is given, besides the fact she too was strong in the Force, is that she has and always will be a loyal follower of Revan. Revan himself in the novel expresses sorrow and grief over how she followed him in the War and ended up shouldering the blame for his actions. The end of KotOR II is in fact her embarking on a quest to find Revan in the Unknown Regions.

I feel Drew put together the novel nicely. I found it easy and enjoyable to read. Was it a masterpiece? Definitely not. Most Star Wars novels are not. Was it good? Yes, if you are a fan of the Old Republic era and of the games. Just my opinion, of course.

/Facepalm.

Missed all of it then?

Okay let's go:

Why was she scared of Nathema? she had just come from facing and prevailing over her fear of Malachor V, why would she have any feelings at all from Nathema?

Why is all the canonical information we have about her personally completely and utterly ignored?

Why was there no mention or discussion at all about what had happened during the time Revan was imprisoned? you'd think he'd want to know, given how much he'd already gone through to save it more than once.

Why does the Exile look like a noob the entire time? we know as a matter of fact and not interpretation, that she was a Force Enlightened Jedi Master, which is basically Mastery over the Light Side of the Force, we see nothing like that, in-fact during the whole novel she is either getting knocked on her back-side or just completely helpless in the first place (besides a fight with a few grunts) case-in-point the battle with Nyriss, both her and Scourge get schooled and she can't even do something as simple as absorb a lightning bolt.

The entire emphasis of the end of KotOR II is that if you die you will cause a galactic chain reaction where everyone you ever formed a bond with would die and we'd see Malachor V happen again, so she dies, nothing happens.

She is a master of Battle Precognition, between Atton's bond, Brianna's technique and Kreia's own teachings, she could have easily sensed Scourge's imminent betrayal, but nope, she just get's one-shot'ed in the back, boom dead.

She spent a hell of a long time trying to find out what happened to Revan, she meets him, frees him, does she ask him anything? nope, not a word.

Given the lengthy amount of time she spent with Revan and Scourge, you'd think she'd form a force bond with them as well, but nope, not one mention at all about her or her unique abilities.

Then we have the fact that she was meant to be really strong with the Light Side, but the entire time she is seen attacking with a lightsaber, poorly as well I might add.

And then the thing that really really gets me angry about it, Drew decided he'd close off her story, he barely even tried, when you take a character that means so much to the KotOR II fans, just like Revan does to the KotOR fans, you don't half-heartedly throw her in, completely ignore any relevance she might have had in the galaxy and then kill her off just so you have an excuse to stick Revan in a game he has 300 years of no business being involved in.

^That my friends, that's called Character murder 101, it's the same horse manure that Karen Traviss did to Mara Jade, you can argue all you want that it isn't, but it is, it very blatantly is.

i hate the canon system, so kinda feel hypocritical using it in defence, but isn't kotor N canon, so the only real canon about meetra is drews version?. (i could be wrong, which is why its more of a question than a statement)

No the canonical version of KotOR is a light side Male and canonical KotOR II is light side female, both are c-canon.

/Facepalm.

The entire emphasis of the end of KotOR II is that if you die you will cause a galactic chain reaction where everyone you ever formed a bond with would die and we'd see Malachor V happen again, so she dies, nothing happens.

I heard somewhere that she healed the wound in both herself and malachor when the mass shadow generator went off at the end of kotor II.

I heard somewhere that she healed the wound in both herself and malachor when the mass shadow generator went off at the end of kotor II.

Well whatever you heard was wrong, Her connection to Kreia was cut off when she simultaneously cut off her remaining hand and used Sever Force on her then Malachor V was destroyed by Surik, nothing changed within Surik herself.

Also her force bonding had nopthing to do with her wound, it was a natural and unique ability.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

/Facepalm.

Missed all of it then?

Okay let's go:

Why was she scared of Nathema? she had just come from facing and prevailing over her fear of Malachor V, why would she have any feelings at all from Nathema?

Why is all the canonical information we have about her personally completely and utterly ignored?

Why was there no mention or discussion at all about what had happened during the time Revan was imprisoned? you'd think he'd want to know, given how much he'd already gone through to save it more than once.

Why does the Exile look like a noob the entire time? we know as a matter of fact and not interpretation, that she was a Force Enlightened Jedi Master, which is basically Mastery over the Light Side of the Force, we see nothing like that, in-fact during the whole novel she is either getting knocked on her back-side or just completely helpless in the first place (besides a fight with a few grunts) case-in-point the battle with Nyriss, both her and Scourge get schooled and she can't even do something as simple as absorb a lightning bolt.

She is a master of Battle Precognition, between Atton's bond, Brianna's technique and Kreia's own teachings, she could have easily sensed Scourge's imminent betrayal, but nope, she just get's one-shot'ed in the back, boom dead.

She spent a hell of a long time trying to find out what happened to Revan, she meets him, frees him, does she ask him anything? nope, not a word.

Given the lengthy amount of time she spent with Revan and Scourge, you'd think she'd form a force bond with them as well, but nope, not one mention at all about her or her unique abilities.

Then we have the fact that she was meant to be really strong with the Light Side, but the entire time she is seen attacking with a lightsaber, poorly as well I might add.

And then the thing that really really gets me angry about it, Drew decided he'd close off her story, he barely even tried, when you take a character that means so much to the KotOR II fans, just like Revan does to the KotOR fans, you don't half-heartedly throw her in, completely ignore any relevance she might have had in the galaxy and then kill her off just so you have an excuse to stick Revan in a game he has 300 years of no business being involved in.

^That my friends, that's called Character murder 101, it's the same horse manure that Karen Traviss did to Mara Jade, you can argue all you want that it isn't, but it is, it very blatantly is.

Let's go? Alright, i will indulge. In order:

Nathema is not Malachor, it is "markedly different" according to the book. Malachor is a planet that was a well of the Dark Side and was twisted and destroyed due to the Mass Shadow Generators. This planet brought fear to her because it was the crucial event where she inadvertently ordered the deaths of countless Mandalorian and Republic forces. Nathema is, as it is made out, similar in result to Darth Nihilus's attacks. Meetra has never been to a planet Nihlius has destroyed, she has only heard from multiple accounts descriptions of what Nihilus has done.

--She herself has not experienced Nihilus's effects as when he attempted, it backfired on him. Since then, the Exile fills that void from her mistakes and decisions over Malachor and fully reconnects herself to the Force as she defeats Darth Traya. The next aspect is that "she was cut off from the Force so she should be fine" argument which tends to overlook a few aspects.

One she still had some connection to the Force as she was not only still alive, but able to regain her connection to the Force. She was never simply stripped of it to the point where she was deaf to it, at which point she would be dead as would any life. Nathema would be terrifying to her because she is, for the first time, fully experiencing an environment completely void of the Force (not an environment where there are countless deaths at once; not one where she has a wound in her connection that helps protect her) which makes sense in my opinion.

--I see that as a path the story could have gone. However, I can also see it as a, "We will catch up later, we have a bigger thread to worry about now," type of scenario. Why was that scenario chosen over the other? Most likely because this story is about the titled namesake, Revan. I am actually in full support of a novel fully about the Exile, but I see where mentioning some of that is extraneous.

However, it was not ignored, as they give an entire mention of KotOR II. In fact, reading here on chapter 17, page 169-170, Bastila's character is shown actually with the most faults in this scenario and the Exile is portrayed as an astonishing hero. It was even mentioned, "Alone, she dared not challenge Darth Traya and her followers," which refers to Bastila. Then it boldly states, "It had been the Exile--Meetra Surik--who had taken up the fight against the rogue Jedi," showing bravery and, in context with Bastila's mention, implies the Exile is indeed powerful if we take Bastila as a powerful Jedi and she even would not dare do this. Then it goes on to say, "she had emerged on her own to oppose and eventually defeat Darth Traya," and, "she became the savior of the galaxy," which does not sound like a downplay that ignores her significance to me. I would argue it actually makes Bastila sound like a strong and powerful warrior.

--This implied chain of events is negated when you realize Kreia and these "bonds" are not necessarily as serious as portrayed by characters in the game as you too are supposed to die when she dies and yet nothing happens. KotOR II set up that precedent there so I cannot hold that aspect as even being relevant. Besides, even if this was three years ago and we were speculating what happened, it is obvious they never came back from the Unknown Regions and that 300 years later they most likely eventually died (yet of course they would keep Revan in stasis :rolleyes:) so are you saying we should just have assumed had the Exile just died in the Unknown Regions, even of old age, that everyone she knew just sporadically collapsed and died? Of note: the entire emphasis of KotOR II was that the bonds and relationships with others can greatly change the outcomes of events and of a person's destiny (in both game mechanics and plot) which is the general theme not that if you die, everyone else dies.

--Considering Jedi and Sith in general, most would not likely die of anything involving a quick betrayal or surprise ambush with their skills. As a result, it becomes a little silly when we see Jedi get spied on, ambushed, and have double agents among their own Jedi ranks and no one seems aware but then a random Jedi suddenly gets the "feeling" something is going to happen. Just like in most Star Wars lore, I would argue out-of-universe it is plot convenience and in-universe that she simply did not foresee it. Say it was the Emperor having her attention, destined by the Force, bad writing, or whatever, I find precognition to just be the convenient plot device that writers in Star Wars use when it is convenient and otherwise it just mysteriously does not rear its head in a dangerous situation that could have been easily avoided.

--Same as before, not convenient. Also, perhaps the Exile was given a quality called empathy and understood that a man who just spent a few years in a prison with no outside contact and who just reclaimed both his identity (fully) and knowledge of his family may need some time alone to digest this? If this novel was a multi-part series that took place over several weeks to months on Dromund Kaas and they all had time to talk to each other, I would agree with you fully and say, "could have used some expansion on characters to help fill up that vacuous space," but this is not the case.

--No lengthy time spent with Revan and Scourge. See above for "weeks to months" together in each other's presence may count but the general set up of the book (you have free reign to blame Drew for how events played out) gave little time to start developing Force bonds. Only one I can imagine she has a Force bond with is Revan, maybe, but only because of their history. Bastila also developed a special Force bond with characters, that is never mentioned in detail either. Is there an issue? No.

--You are now just sounding unsatisfied. I like both characters as well but poorly handling their lightsabers? She not only is credited and implied to be pretty strong in the Force and be a powerful Jedi, but also is shown to fight through and face some pretty powerful and "elite" enemies of the Sith Empire such as the Royal Guard to the Emperor. The only one that shows outstanding ability to the point of hitting borderling ridiculousness is Revan when he says his line, "I am Revan Reborn, and before me you are nothing," or to some effect and destroys Nyriss, a Dark Council member, like nothing. If you are comparing her to that, then yes I will concede that it was a bit silly but it is only an apparent gap when it is a continuing trope in the story, which it was not.

--My rebuttals seem to point out the only one's ignoring her importance in the novel are the fans who seem to go, "Well that is not enough," relevance, even though her significance is given as a pretty good introduction to her character in the story. You are just mad because the Exile died and Revan ended up being in SWTOR, I get that. But the dramatic, "he closed off her story and downplayed her significance," is the real manure.

I am not 100% happy with Revan's inclusion in SWTOR either, which seems to be your opinion on the matter. Character murder 101 is Mara Jade, a preestablished character whose creator and/or main writer had no control over he eventual fate and was rewritten as a character and later discarded for the plot convenience of another.

Meetra Surik had no name, personality, or character bascially until Revan. If you dislike the character, I encourage you to express your distaste. If you dislike that she died, then by all means, express it. However, do not try to paint her death as another Mara Jade when there is evidence in the book itself that makes the circle not fit into square.

However, for what it is, it was done and the Exile is not this torn apart character you portray her to be. Stop shoehorning something to make it look worse than it really is. Between Exile and Revan fans, this is why I was hoping neither would get more than a definite gender and alignment in the game.

Ever wonder where all the pureblood vanished to after this time period? I think it's safe to say HK's plan managed to succeed in some way even after what happen in the flashpoint.

In a way, I guess you are right. But there is a huge difference between extinction due to interbreeding and extinction due to homicidal droids rampaging through the Empire.

Purebloods became rare and then nonexistent due to interbreeding with humans and other near humans, not genocide. Typically halfbreeds have slightly different characteristics than Purebloods,Ludo Kresh and Marka Ragnos had only 4 fingers,Naga Sadow appeared more Human, but still had cheek tendrils and red skin; and the more diversified Sith bloodlines appear more human than Sith like Ebya T'dell, who looked typically human but had pinkish skin and high cheekbones and was respected for her "Sith heritage".

In the end though Revan and HK's goal wasn't eliminating the Sith species, that was just a side effect of the plan. He wanted to decimate the ranks of the powerful Force using Sith in the Empire. Kill all the Sith Lords and Apprentices and you weaken the Empire immensely, then the Jedi and Republic military swoop in and mop up the remnants. In this goal they failed, as has everyone who has come before and after them. The Sith species might die out, but the ideology and ways of the Sith(Force using, Dark Side) have never been wiped out and always crop up in the SWU.

Edited by Temeluchus

Ah Forgon, you have misunderstood, there IS a personality that was around WAY before the novel was even thought up:

Given the information from the KotOR source-book and the personality that the canon light side female portrays in the game itself, we know full well what she was meant to be like, she was a very guilt-ridden character, due to the amount of care she has for others, seen as when she couldn't NOT go and fight the Mandalorians once she had seen the Genocide of the Cathar, then came the amount of friends she lost in battles like Serroco and Dxun and then Malachor V itself where she was simply forced into using the MSG due to the turning tide of the battle, we know she lived with nightmares for the rest of her life and that she allowed the entire Jedi Order to practically abuse her and use her to vent all of their frustrations:

"Like a murderer walking out of a courtroom through the crowds, she was jeered, insulted and blamed for every death, every battle and everything that the Revanchists had ever done.

Even those who called themselves her friend, who adored her and loved her due to her bonds. They threw some of the worst abuse at her, 'liar!' 'traitor!' and one that stopped her in her tracks, 'Sith scum!'."

"She walked out of the temple in tears, emotionally shattered, she had returned to the Jedi hoping to find redemption for her actions, some comfort or wise words to ease the pain of that long war, But

now she walked out with nowhere to go and no one to turn to.

Then she realised that Revan, whom she saw as a hero and even a brother, was the person who had torn apart her life."

"She hadn't slept in days, weeks maybe months, time was irrelevant now for the images were still freshly burned into her mind, the fields ablaze warming her skin, the trenches bathing her in blood and a distinct stench of corpses friend and foe alike still a fresh scent in her nostrils.

The sickness in her stomach was something she suspected would never go away and then the screams, the haunted screams tearing her mind apart as her allies were violently screaming for help until death.

She was a walking wound, an emotional devastation, one of which she could never get over, perhaps she was the biggest casualty of the war.

Even worse, she thought the pain was given deservedly, and that thought had deafened her to the force itself, never again to recover till her dying thoughts."

I have no quarrel with her dying per se, it is why she died and how.

It's pretty clear you have your interpretations of all of this, so I'll just leave it Arnem Ixem.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

Between Exile and Revan fans, this is why I was hoping neither would get more than a definite gender and alignment in the game.

The above-quoted statement sums up the whole issue for me. I'm not going to bother trotting out point-by-point arguments, because let's face it: the Revan novel isn't worth the effort. It's a tie-in storyline for a video game franchise.

But it's a needless tie-in storyline. Whether you think the novel was well-crafted or not, it's pretty obvious that the purpose of the entire exercise is to beef up the Sith Emperor in prospective gamers' imaginations. As Rayla said, Bioware essentially sacrificed the fond memories of KoTOR fans just to hype their new game -- SWTOR, which, apart from sharing the same fictional setting, has no intrinsic connection to the KoTOR franchise. There's no reason to inject Revan into a story that takes place 300 years later. There's no reason to (effectively) retcon the protagonists of the first two games into by-contrast insignificance.

Would it have been lame if Bioware simply said that Meetra and Revan never found what they were looking for, and came back to live happily ever after? Yeah, sure; that would have sounded implausible. Would it have been lame simply to leave Revan's and Meetra's story open-ended -- to imply by omission that they flew off into the great unknown and nothing was ever heard of them again? Yeah. Some fans might've been mildly disappointed.

But I gotta tell you: as much as I enjoy playing my Knight in SWTOR, I'm a little peeved that Bioware went to such lengths to expand his fictional importance at the KotOR protagonists' expense. It feels like Bioware resorted to a cheap gimmick to trick me into knee-jerk brand loyalty -- like George Lucas throwing gratuitous allusions to original-trilogy characters all over the prequels. (See this clip for a hilarious expansion on that topic.)

Edited by Invictos

Yes, I do. You need to read the revan book to understand why he became such a sad guy.

Now go do the foundry flashpoint... Where Revan Is like the greatest Jedi ever. He uses all force powers- just like we did in KOTOR!

and I think the voice actor was perfect.

But we need to realize he is dead. Obi-wan Kenobi disappeared into thin air during his death, and I know for a FACT Revan was more powerful them Obi. I'm sure he can do the same.

Been a while since I ran BP and the Foundry, but wasn't it Revan's droids would kill anyone with Sith heritage or a drop of Sith blood, for a lack of better term? HK then estimates it to be about 97% of the Imperial population but he conveniently leaves out any defectors to the Republic or those who may be Republic citizens and happen to have ancient Sith lineage going back decades,generations or hundreds of years.

If I'm remembering that correctly, it makes Revan a lot nuttier and dangerously close to falling again or full on Dark Side without even being aware of it.

And Revan's plan was to deploy the droids on Imperial worlds. In spite of Kris Tabori and Jeff Bennett doing the voices of HK and Revan, Foundry was still hack writing. One of only a few times that BioWare has dropped the ball when it comes to storytelling.

I'm just praying that the Jedi Master that escaped was a prisoner that got brain wiped into believing he's Revan, and the real Revan is somewhere out there. Or something like that.

I'd much prefer if they made Revan uber vague and mysterious as to what he is/his motivations as oppose to him being a FP boss, considering how, you know, he could be literally anything a la KoToR.

This whole "Light Side = Canon" thing really irks me.