1 year later, still no official release for Mexico

Darth_Victus

Title pretty much says it all.

It's been nearly a year and the latin communtiy from mexico on south is still neglected from an official release to even get the game without jumping through circus hoops. With F2P just around the corner, any love for our latin community?

So in other words, Origin messed up.

They limited sales, which was a bad move.

Im sure BW/EA could make room for more servers as they adjusted. They also mentioned that they could.

So why did they restrict pre-launch sales?

I bet they could have sold well over 2 million copies if they actually went global.

I am also betting they could have made their money back a lot quicker too, hence less panic mode from EA.

And I hope your country can beat the drug war in a good way... whatever that way may be.

It might not be as bad as it sounds... but its still bad.

Title pretty much says it all.

It's been nearly a year and the latin communtiy from mexico on south is still neglected from an official release to even get the game without jumping through circus hoops. With F2P just around the corner, any love for our latin community?

no official release at many Asia countries either.

So in other words, Origin messed up.

They limited sales, which was a bad move.

Im sure BW/EA could make room for more servers as they adjusted. They also mentioned that they could.

So why did they restrict pre-launch sales?

I bet they could have sold well over 2 million copies if they actually went global.

I am also betting they could have made their money back a lot quicker too, hence less panic mode from EA.

And I hope your country can beat the drug war in a good way... whatever that way may be.

It might not be as bad as it sounds... but its still bad.

actually they made their money back from the box sales they said that during the first earnings call.

But yeah they could make a LOT more if they made a spanish version and a chinesse version.

However with that amount of dialogue it's going to take a lot of time. I'm sure they are working on it but again it's gonna take time.

WoW didn't launch their spanish version till at least a year after launch. Chinesse was around Burning Crusade so 2+ years.

actually they made their money back from the box sales they said that during the first earnings call.

But yeah they could make a LOT more if they made a spanish version and a chinesse version.

However with that amount of dialogue it's going to take a lot of time. I'm sure they are working on it but again it's gonna take time.

WoW didn't launch their spanish version till at least a year after launch. Chinesse was around Burning Crusade so 2+ years.

The asian market will be profitable for swtor, however... since its about VO and cinematic... that can be very tricky to port over to their asian demographic.

So it seems that VO internationally is a negative to capitalize from since I doubt they will ever do VO for chinese, and if they dont and its only subtitles then they put a lot of effort into VO that other asian demographics wont enjoy and will only get to enjoy other aspects. And those other aspects are limited or non existent due to the high quality VO and cinematics... so its a big trade-off.

In WoW they can easily just port it over with subititles and minimal VO work. So it still is worth it to capitalize in other markets... but to do so... swtor has to take a bigger risk to enter those markets by putting more effort in VO work.

I really wish VO was not so costly, and the game had more alternative content such as pazaak, swoop racing... and by the end the year of swtor's anniversary should be 3d space combat... but I dont know whats going to happen, and how they will expand swtor to get more subs other than f2p... and when major 'new' content is coming to swtor.

Oh No! No Mexico Release!?! Does anyone really care -.-

I'm actually quite glad I don't have to translate 50% of general chat tbh, because despite servers being separated by languages people insist on going to an English server and not speaking English.

I'm actually quite glad I don't have to translate 50% of general chat tbh, because despite servers being separated by languages people insist on going to an English server and not speaking English.

First off, I am talking about an official release, not a spanish translated port of it. Big difference.

Believe it or not, there are alot of people here in Mexico that speak english just fine.

I'm spanish, I play on TOFN and we never use spanish in gen chat -.-

then use amazon.com to buy the game, get on an english server, and then play.

In order to have an "official" release in mexico they would have to provide a spanish version of the game, including voice acting. This is a huge undertaking and it is much easier for those of you that do speak english well, to just buy the game online.

then use amazon.com to buy the game, get on an english server, and then play.

In order to have an "official" release in mexico they would have to provide a spanish version of the game, including voice acting. This is a huge undertaking and it is much easier for those of you that do speak english well, to just buy the game online.

That is what I did to get my copy.

Honestly, I do not understand why the original language versions didn't include spanish, because it is one of the top 3 most used languages in the world. That would be a huge profit for the company when you add in all the spanish speaking countries.

Granted there are differences between spanish from Spain and Mexico, and such.

...Granted there are differences between spanish from Spain and Mexico, and such.

They could do the same as they do for English which is Queens English for the Imperial faction and American English for the Republic, plus a couple of other dialects thrown in for good measure.

What do you think, would Castellano have the same impact for the Spanish voice over of the Imperial side? Which major dialect would best be used for the Republic voice over? Mexican? Venezuelan?

This was a little off topic, but like you said- I also can't see why a Spanish release wasn't made either, The language has a huge population base and with a global presence.