Korrealis Sovereign & Prince should be unbound

Jenemi

When the Korrealis speeders were going to be removed, it said they were to be unbound to still be given to other players. I grinded my valor up to get mine and some friends of mine who were unable to have time, I offered to buy them ones too as they were supposed to be unbound.

Well, all of them were unbound except the two PVP speeders--the Sovereign and Prince. And I've had 3 Sovereign's (and a friend of mine has had a Prince he got for me as a Thank you stuck in his) stuck in my inventory now since 1.2. I did report it as a bug, but never heard back which makes me think this is just how it's supposed to be for some reason...which sucks. I kept playing for a long time saving up commendations for them and I feel so bad that I can't give them to them (as one really does like the Sovereign and another is a collector like me) so... I just want to say please unbind them? It really makes no sense with the other Korrealis' not being bound and even if it still has the 65 valor requirement to activate it, at least let it be able to be given >< (or well, traded for nothing)

Edited by Jenemi

The PvP speeders were never supposed to be unbound. This was known by the majority of the player community. You made an uninformed decision, and should not be rewarded for it.

I had looked several times and the only thing I was ever able to find were saying the Korrealis Speeders would be unbound due to being removed which is what I went on. Nearly everyone on my server had the same idea as well (as many offered to give me one if I didn't reach my goal knowing how hard I tried and I know some people were stocking up to sell) so if I'm "uninformed", so was a mass amount of people--and maybe not as much of a majority knew as you thought--especially as a majority of the player base do not frequent the forum (I tend to keep most of my friends up to date on forum stuff, actually).

I'm not even asking for a reward--I'm asking to be able to give the 3 speeders to friends instead of having them stuck in my inventory/bank taking up space. Do not see how that is asking for a reward.

Edited by Jenemi

I'm not even asking for a reward--I'm asking to be able to give the 3 speeders to friends instead of having them stuck in my inventory/bank taking up space. Do not see how that is asking for a reward.
It was known that it would be bound upon pickup. The tooltip for the PvP speeders even stated they were BoP when purchased, while the others did not. You made a mistake. Correcting said mistake now, well after the fact, when those that remained informed did not purchase the speeders in question, would be a reward. One that would be entirely unfair to those who took the trouble to remain informed of the issue.

It was known that it would be bound upon pickup. The tooltip for the PvP speeders even stated they were BoP when purchased, while the others did not. You made a mistake. Correcting said mistake now, well after the fact, when those that remained informed did not purchase the speeders in question, would be a reward. One that would be entirely unfair to those who took the trouble to remain informed of the issue.

It still said bind on pick-up for the other speeders that could be bought at the time. Regardless, the bound was removed come 1.2. So, no, it wouldn't make a mistake nor would it be unfair as there are even a large amount of topics still (and news sites for the game) that also said all Korrealis speeders, it was incredibly implied and most people that I saw (as I've been stalking for a while) and spoke to took it that way.

I don't see how this would be "unfair" considering:

1. It's not changing the number of speeders that currently exist.

2. If anything, it's at least getting them out there for people who may have missed them which, last I checked, is a nice and fair thing.

Again, a reward is when someone earns something. I would not be getting anything for this fix. Nobody is getting a reward as it's either a purchase or a gift. There is no changes other than making it so some people don't have multiple because *gasp* they wanted to be nice. How selfish of me to want to be able to give them to friends.

Heck, even bind to Legacy would be better--I know some people got an extra to send to one of their other characters (who wasn't a high enough level yet) who also felt it meant all Koreallis speeders. It doesn't even make sense to remove all and only make half tradeable.

It still said bind on pick-up for the other speeders that could be bought at the time. Regardless, the bound was removed come 1.2.
This is false. The tooltips for the other speeders did not state they would bind. They did not bind when bought, even before the patch; I purchased the Commander at that time, and promptly sent it to an alt.

I don't see how this would be "unfair" considering:

1. It's not changing the number of speeders that currently exist.

2. If anything, it's at least getting them out there for people who may have missed them which, last I checked, is a nice and fair thing.

This is exactly why it would be unfair. Those who were informed did not buy the PvP speeders for their alts and/or friends, knowing that they would bind on purchase. What you recommend would not only reward those who made uninformed decisions, it would also penalize those who made an informed choice and did not purchase them.

Again, a reward is when someone earns something. I would not be getting anything for this fix. Nobody is getting a reward as it's either a purchase or a gift. There is no changes other than making it so some people don't have multiple because *gasp* they wanted to be nice. How selfish of me to want to be able to give them to friends.
It is very selfish. You are asking for special treatment after making a mistake. While doing so you are ignoring the positions of those who were informed and did not make such a mistake.

That is selfish.

Heck, even bind to Legacy would be better--I know some people got an extra to send to one of their other characters (who wasn't a high enough level yet) who also felt it meant all Koreallis speeders. It doesn't even make sense to remove all and only make half tradeable.
It makes perfect sense. As PvP awards, the speeders had to be earned while they were available. If you did not earn that award before the deadline, you do not deserve the speeder. That is why they remained BoP.

I had bought both of mine and a friend had asked me to purchase them a Baron, but noticed it would bind which is why I didn't and clearly remember it.

I'm not sure how you think that is unfair in any way, but whatever.

I am not asking just for me (or to even get them--again, I already have mine). There are a lot of people I know who bought them and a lot who want them, which is why I made the suggestion, so no, it isn't selfish. Though, so far, all your reasons for why "not to" have come off as selfish and pulled out of nowhere.

Again, makes no sense at all. Especially considering the changes they did to the other two--moving one and removing a requirement for another. I grinded all month from like 5 Valor to 65. Not everyone had that time so being nice shouldn't be a crime.

I had bought both of mine and a friend had asked me to purchase them a Baron, but noticed it would bind which is why I didn't and clearly remember it.
Exactly. That was intended.

I'm not sure how you think that is unfair in any way, but whatever.
You are asking for a reward that would be denied to others who may have been in a similar situation, but had remained informed. As such these individuals did not mistakenly purchase the speeders, though they would have if the binding restrictions for the vehicles had been removed.

I am not asking just for me (or to even get them--again, I already have mine). There are a lot of people I know who bought them and a lot who want them, which is why I made the suggestion, so no, it isn't selfish. Though, so far, all your reasons for why "not to" have come off as selfish and pulled out of nowhere.
  • You = did not bother to be informed and purchased speeders based on faulty assumption.
  • Others = Actually paid attention and did not purchase the speeders because they knew the vehicles would bind on pickup.

The number of individuals that could not be bothered to pay attention does not change the fact that such behavior should not be encouraged. Especially when the form of that encouragement penalizes those that actually pay attention.

Again, makes no sense at all. Especially considering the changes they did to the other two--moving one and removing a requirement for another. I grinded all month from like 5 Valor to 65. Not everyone had that time so being nice shouldn't be a crime.
Exactly. You achieved Valor 65 in the four months leading up to Update 1.2's implementation. You earned the right to own and use the vehicles. The others you are speaking of failed to complete this requirement. They did not earn the right to own or use the speeders. It's no more complex than this.

To be honest, I was under the impression too that it might be possible that those speeders would become no longer bound after patch 1.2 (there was some unclear mentining that speeders will become tradeble, which didn't said that some speeders will not be affected by it). So I can understand that OP is a little angry about it, because BioWare could have made the point more clear on this. Anyway it has now happened and OP will hopefully be more carefully in the future.

• You = did not bother to be informed and purchased speeders based on faulty assumption.
  • Others = Actually paid attention and did not purchase the speeders because they knew the vehicles would bind on pickup.
    The PvP speeders were never supposed to be unbound. This was known by the majority of the player community. You made an uninformed decision, and should not be rewarded for it.

She clearly said she was searching the forums for an answer prior to it and yet you accuse her of not bothering to be informed? How rude is that. And clearly you can tell that the majority of players knew for sure it won't be tradeable since people were asking the same question in many other threads without getting any official answer - and you still fail to come up with a prove of that.

"Korrealis Corporation, a family-owned personal transportation company based out of Balmorra, has announced that, in response to a sharp increase in customer complaints, all production of the ‘Sovereign’, ‘Prince’, 'Baron' and 'Commander' speeder lines has been halted indefinitely. This announcement comes on the heels of the rumor that Tirsa Industrial Consortium has quietly ceased production of their less than successful 'Prime' model, which faced similar blowback.

Vehicle Vendors across the galaxy have been advised to clear out any remaining stock of these models, and many Vendors have begun offering steep discounts to entice potential customers. Collectors and investors may want to take note that the previous limitations governing the resale of some vehicles seem to have been lifted and are encouraged to use the opportunity to purchase these legacy vehicles while they are still available."

Now while they mention the resale of "some" vehicles, it is not clearly labeled which ones it would affect - it could mean some Korrealis or some of all. So it is the fault of the devs to not be absolutely clear about it, when they encourage people to farm for alot of time.

HeavensAgent - You realize the Baron isn't one of the PVP speeders, right? >_>

Still not a reward if I do not receive anything out of it. As for me not being informed, I'll take that as you mostly skimming my posts, though, Heishi explains it pretty well.

As for them not reaching it, it isn't like they weren't close. Regardless, I don't feel the need to feel privileged that I earned mine--I'd like to see people happy if they really wanted one.

Drudenfusz - Thank you. I'm not angry at all at BioWare, but I wish this was more clear and they'd actually say anything on why they only put half the set up for trade.

Heishi - Yeah :/ And honestly, who expected just half to be able to be given--that makes no sense at all T__T

...Though, the Tirsa Prime is also still in the game which makes that even more confusing. Said it was to be removed, but it was then moved to a more exclusive vendor instead.

Edited by Jenemi

HeavensAgent - You realize the Baron isn't one of the PVP speeders, right? >_>
Bah, you got one on me. Bad form to change topic in the middle of a discussion.

I honestly have no clue what you're talking about, because neither the Baron nor the Commander were not bound when purchased, in the weeks leading up to 1.2's launch or now. I can still trade my unused Commander to my alts.

Still not a reward if I do not receive anything out of it. As for me not being informed, I'll take that as you mostly skimming my posts, though, Heishi explains it pretty well.
Ah, but you are getting something out of it. Your otherwise wasted credits would not be wasted any longer. You could give the speeders away, or sell them, or pass them along to an alt. That is an award,

As to Heishi's explanation, I'm afraid it holds no merit in this instance. I realized how things would happen. So did others. We got our answers, and shared them on the boards. We had people vocally denying our statements, but the answers were still provided. The developers clarified them as well, and it was stated within the tooltips directly.

As for them not reaching it, it isn't like they weren't close. Regardless, I don't feel the need to feel privileged that I earned mine--I'd like to see people happy if they really wanted one.
And this is where you continually do not recognize the greatest issue with your suggestion: You do not account for those who would have done the same thing, but did not because they knew the speeder would bind. Really, I might as well be talking to a wall.

Heishi - Yeah :/ And honestly, who expected just half to be able to be given--that makes no sense at all T__T
It makes perfect sense. The PvP speeders were awarded for PvP achievement. This is a standard occurrence in the industry, and will likely occur when ranked warzones are implemented as well. Anyway, I'm done. I've sufficiently demonstrated the issues with your proposal for the developers to consider. Edited by HeavensAgent

You brought up the Commander--I brought up the Baron. If anything, you changed it first and again, it said it would be bound for me which is why they had to get it.

PVP Speeders don't cost credits and it's not like I would've used the commendations for anything else (I can't stand PVP so) so no, I would be receiving no reward from it. And that is still not an award or reward. To reward someone is to give someone something. Again, I would not receive anything.

Again, not all the tool tips changed prior to 1.2 so. And always having the Developer Tracker up as well besides searches, I can say that isn't completely true.

Except that they did.

BioWare changed tooltips before 1.2 hit and it also happened after that, BioWare also changed game mechanics before and after... so there was the possibility that this might change, because BioWare had written something about some limitation of reselling speeders will be removed. So, your point is mood, people did a mistake because BioWare said there will be a change, but didn't told us clear enough that this will not apply to the Korrealis series.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The relevant portion of the blog post says:

Korrealis Corporation, a family-owned personal transportation company based out of Balmorra, has announced that, in response to a sharp increase in customer complaints, all production of the ‘Sovereign’, ‘Prince’, 'Baron' and 'Commander' speeder lines has been halted indefinitely. This announcement comes on the heels of the rumor that Tirsa Industrial Consortium has quietly ceased production of their less than successful 'Prime' model, which faced similar blowback.

Vehicle Vendors across the galaxy have been advised to clear out any remaining stock of these models, and many Vendors have begun offering steep discounts to entice potential customers. Collectors and investors may want to take note that the previous limitations governing the resale of some vehicles seem to have been lifted and are encouraged to use the opportunity to purchase these legacy vehicles while they are still available.

I was mislead by this too. It does say "some vehicles" can be resold but due to the way it is written that point is very much underemphasized. All 4 Korrealis speeders are listed together without distinction and it encourages the purchase of the discontinued speeders.

Basically I can't fault any player for being confused here. BioWare should have been explicit. I love the game but this makes me sad ... I want a chance to get these speeders, so I hope they change their mind and make them BoE :p

Edited by Telanis

I'd also like to add, just to point out how confusing that paragraph really was, the Tirsa Prime actually is still in game and was just moved to a more exclusive vendor which makes no sense from what they said there.

• 1 month later...

I've been thinking about another solution to this.

All the Korrealis Sovereign and Prince speeder items (the ones that unlock the actual speeder) still in-game should be converted to "Unassembled Korrealis <Name> Speeder" items, similar to Rakata or Campaign gear for example, and made tradeable / sellable. The speeder vendor would sell the original speeder-unlock items for the price of 1 Unassembled Speeder and additionally require the original Valor requirements in order to purchase.

This solves the problem of ensuring that everyone who has the speeder "earned it" through PvP and that no new speeder items are introduced to the game, while simultaneously allowing those who bought extras under a false impression to give them to the intended recipients.

I think that's probably less development work than making the current items somehow require the Valor level and stuff, since they don't have a system to manage that (vendors handle those requirements, items that you already have do not). Otherwise your original suggestion would be fine Jenemi, just trying to make it as easy as possible for the devs so that this is more likely to happen... :p

Edited by Telanis

• 3 months later...

These mounts had a Valor requirement and were purchased through Commendations.

I don't think I've seen many items bought through commendations that are transferable, except warzone medpacks and generic/random items from boxes purchased with commendations, though the boxes themselves are bound.

These mounts had a Valor requirement and were purchased through Commendations.

I don't think I've seen many items bought through commendations that are transferable, except warzone medpacks and generic/random items from boxes purchased with commendations, though the boxes themselves are bound.

Yes, I know. I have 3 in my bank that have been on hold for friends :p

Regardless, it's really odd to discontinue 4 mounts and have only half actually available to be traded, even if those half were gotten through PVP.