Yeah! I just made Legacy Level 8.

Sorwen

3 days of 20 minute (1-1.5 hour total max) dailes on 1 character to reduce the QT time by 20% for all characters. How is that not reasonable?

Already vested time into leveling 3 toons. I dont know what legacy i am but its in the double digits.

I cant afford any of the legacy stuff. This stuff should be unlocked at legacy levels not purchased for millions.

As far as credits go, i already spent most of my credits on things like the 100k to remove mods from my BM sets (that like one piece at just about 100K) so my warrior does not look like he is from "the rocky horror picture show".

Edited by kirorx

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but for many it doesn't work that way and may not for quite awhile. For other things it will be well past the time you unlock it that you will even have the money to get it.

It is great it works that easy for you. It took me 3 hours last night to make 70K.

I was simply referring to the black hole dailies which are easily accesible for every lvl 50 character. I wasnt boasting, thats just how much € you get on returning those quests. Maybe it takes an hour for some people to do those quests I dont know, but thats still only 3 hours work for a permanent 6 houres of QC for all your characters. Not to mention the commendations youll get.

If your not level 50, then it is difficult to access legacy, true. But legacy implies high level and something that takes effort to obtain. It was meant as end game.

You are right everything would be way better if they gave it away for free and everyone had it.

i dont agree with giving it away for free,but cmon,if your gonna add this stuff,at least make it somewhat reachable.i have the creds to buy most of it,but its so expensive,none of it seems worth it.

How in gods name did you manage to do that?

he didnt,there is no way possible unless he was doing the credit glitch,in which case,bioware should look into his account and take appropriate actions. there is no way he could have 5 million creds before end of act 1 without cheating.

Edited by tloops

add up all the money you have earned in the past 4 months of playing. the game has been out for a little more than 1/3 of a year.

you arent supposed to be able to afford everything within a few months of release. these are achievements that should take more than a year to unlock.

people forget that mmos are designed to be played over years not months

except that i doubt swtor will in the shape of being a mmo worth playing years from now

my guess,free to play crapfest in 6 months.but hey,i blame the community more then i blame bioware

The legacy prices are not insanely high. The point of legacy is to have something to work towards after level 50. If everything was easily obtainable then the whole point of the legacy system would be gone. I dont understand that people dont get this. Almost all the legacy stuff you have to pay for is not necessary to play the game in its entirety, they are just bonusses.

For me it is going to take quite a while to get all the legacy features which is how I want it to be and is......as it should be.

I understand the appeal of having something in the game to work toward, but it's only a good system if the "work" you have to do is enjoyable and fun. This was going to be a great system for SWTOR when it was about Legacy level and not purely about credits. Somewhere along the way they completely abandoned the whole concept of a Legacy level (you can just hide the Legacy bar on your UI, because it's 100% meaningless) and went full-bore money sink bananas. If all of these unlocks could be achieved by obtaining a high enough Legacy level, then you could "work" toward these goals by doing something fun -- playing through all of the different class stories (that "4th Pillar" Bioware promoted so hard leading up to the game's release). Now, however, you can't unlock anything that way. You have to stay away from any story content and just stick to your level 50 character, repeating the same old daily quests literally thousands and thousands of times in order to earn enough credits for the Legacy unlocks.

It's amazing to me that Bioware spent so much time promoting the "4th Pillar" in SWTOR, and since the game was released they seem to be doing everything in their power to push players away from story content as much as they can.

I am legacy level 47 and the only perk I found worth buying was the ship mailbox. I don't think the cost of the mailbox is really worth it, but having a mailbox on the ship is a nice to have. As far as I can see, that is the only overpriced legacy perk I will be buying.

I honestly thought my higher legacy level would provide some kind of offset to the prices, but I guess not.

No fun. :eek:

I understand the appeal of having something in the game to work toward, but it's only a good system if the "work" you have to do is enjoyable and fun. This was going to be a great system for SWTOR when it was about Legacy level and not purely about credits. Somewhere along the way they completely abandoned the whole concept of a Legacy level (you can just hide the Legacy bar on your UI, because it's 100% meaningless) and went full-bore money sink bananas. If all of these unlocks could be achieved by obtaining a high enough Legacy level, then you could "work" toward these goals by doing something fun -- playing through all of the different class stories (that "4th Pillar" Bioware promoted so hard leading up to the game's release). Now, however, you can't unlock anything that way. You have to stay away from any story content and just stick to your level 50 character, repeating the same old daily quests literally thousands and thousands of times in order to earn enough credits for the Legacy unlocks.

It's amazing to me that Bioware spent so much time promoting the "4th Pillar" in SWTOR, and since the game was released they seem to be doing everything in their power to push players away from story content as much as they can.

This I can get behind. They always stated that you could get the features by either paying or achievement. Much like you unlock some features by social points or LS/DS now. Give people the choice of doing dailies or alts, so to speak.

Edited by Gokkus

The legacy prices are not insanely high. The point of legacy is to have something to work towards after level 50. If everything was easily obtainable then the whole point of the legacy system would be gone. I dont understand that people dont get this. Almost all the legacy stuff you have to pay for is not necessary to play the game in its entirety, they are just bonusses.

For me it is going to take quite a while to get all the legacy features which is how I want it to be and is......as it should be.

EDIT: I dont earn money with crafting...just saying.

There are two separate issues that are getting blurred in this thread:

1. The fact that these purchasable unlocks are tied to legacy level. First, if you can afford these prices, you will meet the minimum legacy level. So why even tie these unlocks to Legacy? Just make them purchasable unlocks, regardless of legacy level. Or, as was indicated earlier, truly make them an either-or to legacy: Legacy 8 OR 2,000,000 credits. Legacy 10 OR XXX. Not both. Even if some of this stuff had an extremly high legacy level requirement, if I knew it was FREE once I got there, I would feel like I'm working towards something.

2. The other issue is the cost vs (perceived) value of these unlocks. Many of these, I'm having a hard time seeing the value of spending any credits on. Not that they don't add value - just not enough to justify the current cost. So, I (and apparantly many others) feel like they aren't worth the cost, regardless of whether I have unlocked the privelege of purchasing it with my legacy level or not. Therefore, the items are too far up the Supply-Demand curve unless they really only want an extremely small % of the players to buy them. I could come up with many real world examples of products that were initiall priced too high for their value, and either dropped in price soon after launch or utterly failed because too few people bought it.

Edited by Thaladar_SWTOR

I was simply referring to the black hole dailies which are easily accesible for every lvl 50 character. I wasnt boasting, thats just how much € you get on returning those quests. Maybe it takes an hour for some people to do those quests I dont know, but thats still only 3 hours work for a permanent 6 houres of QC for all your characters. Not to mention the commendations youll get.

If your not level 50, then it is difficult to access legacy, true. But legacy implies high level and something that takes effort to obtain. It was meant as end game.

No. Sorry, you missed my point. Accessible doesn't mean your capable of doing them just that you have the availability to. I was saying my character couldn't do them. He couldn't survive even though he was 50. I finally got enough money last night to finish outfitting my character the best I can right now (It is sad I needed Recruit PvP gear) so we will see how things go now.

And I don't get where many of you are getting it is meant for high level. In fact in their statements up till 1.2 it was only about a shared value between all your characters and high level characters giving additional value to lower level. However they only kind of did that.

Many legacy things could be unlocked at mid levels especially if you group. If it was really high level then the unlocks would be per characters level. You could quite easily unlock even more than I have and not have one character over 40 let a lone having even 1 at 50. The only thing that requires 50 is the race unlocks. And if you craft and do other things you still wouldn't have the money to buy any of it. However money gates everything else and as others with more higher level character than me have said they still can't afford many of them. Even if you unlocked it if you can't buy it then it is meaningless.

Edited by Sorwen

• 3 weeks later...

To all the people who are saying that legacy should be something you work for, I'm just wondering: How long does it take you to get a toon to level 50? Cause for me, It's forever. I'm a slow leveler that doesn't really enjoy endgame content all that much. So, it is work for me to get my legacy to a crazy high level. At this point, my highest character is level 37, with a few alts. My legacy level is 4. It's not easy to get to legacy level 10 or 25 or 50. It's just that some people, who have been playing since day one, and are crazy grinders, already have a very high legacy level. So I guess it would have seemed too easy for them to get it. It's like BW designed the legacy system for those people who already had high legacy levels, therefore making it somewhat difficult for them to get it, instead of making it for people who are still leveling their legacy.

I'm legacy lvl 43 (fresh from yesterday).

I barely have 7mil on all my characters across my legacy. And yet, I'm exploiting a lot the fact I'm one of 2 seller of [aug] pistol on imp side on my server. And it's a populated one. When 1.2 hit, I barely had 3mil. The money I did come from the 1.2 crafted sell mostly.

Will I spend 5mil on a GTN ? No way.

I don't see the point of legacy lvl, when almost everything you want is limited by money, not lvl. Most people have far more lvl than they need to unlock stuff, but they do not have enough money for it. Or it's far to expensive for their taste.

There is so many money sink in this game, it show how bad and out of control the economy seems to be for BW. To name a few : remove mods cost (mandatory with the new gear to have augmented stuff), repair cost, legacy stuff (including vendor), recruit pvp armor (mandatory to start pvp), skill price, mount and mount skill...

There is something terribly wrong if you need so much money sink, and the average people can't buy the 1/4 of it.

On last check I think I was up to legacy 26 and I still cannot afford to buy anything.

Then again, I don't yet have a level fifty character but do have eight characters, whom I am gradually levelling up together, ranging from levels 31-45.

On last check I think I was up to legacy 26 and I still cannot afford to buy anything.

Then again, I don't yet have a level fifty character but do have eight characters, whom I am gradually levelling up together, ranging from levels 31-45.

While BW said that the legacy system was made as an incentive for people to play alts, what they didn't say is that it's actually an incentive to play alts after you already have a level 50 or 2.

I'm legacy lvl 43 (fresh from yesterday).

I barely have 7mil on all my characters across my legacy. And yet, I'm exploiting a lot the fact I'm one of 2 seller of [aug] pistol on imp side on my server. And it's a populated one. When 1.2 hit, I barely had 3mil. The money I did come from the 1.2 crafted sell mostly.

Will I spend 5mil on a GTN ? No way.

I don't see the point of legacy lvl, when almost everything you want is limited by money, not lvl. Most people have far more lvl than they need to unlock stuff, but they do not have enough money for it. Or it's far to expensive for their taste.

There is so many money sink in this game, it show how bad and out of control the economy seems to be for BW. To name a few : remove mods cost (mandatory with the new gear to have augmented stuff), repair cost, legacy stuff (including vendor), recruit pvp armor (mandatory to start pvp), skill price, mount and mount skill...

There is something terribly wrong if you need so much money sink, and the average people can't buy the 1/4 of it.

Agree.

All that Legacy things are absolutely useless for me, because I have not these millions credits for them.

Edited by TonyDragonflame

And unlocked the ability to be unable to buy something for 2 million. Its awesome. My families legacy is about being crafters that are broke and I get to feel it at every level. I can't wait till they unlock more things I can't purchase.

Edit: I guess I should give them props for making the game life like at least.

i have over 10 million credits because I'm not a total moron with my spenditure, but please keep buying my stuff on the GTN and make me rich!

i have over 10 million credits because I'm not a total moron with my spenditure, but please keep buying my stuff on the GTN and make me rich!

Actually, I am in the same situation as the person who you replied to. I have NEVER bought anything from GTN and I already have 3 level 50 characters - still, all the money combined on all of my characters is definitely no more than 4 million.

It really depends on the fact whether you are willing to do the level 50 dailies or not. They are the main source of income in this game. But considering that I have only 3 hours to play per day, I have no intention to waste my playtime upon them.

BW promised that leveling alts will be worthwhile because of the legacy system. The truth is leveling alts is a waste of time from the legacy unlocks point of view. You will never earn any significant amount of money from leveling alts until they hit level 40.

I completely agree with the people who say that legacy should be made on this principle: Money OR Legacy level instead of the current one Money AND Legacy level.

For one shining moment I had 500k. It was either buy one Legacy unlock(ship mail box I think is that much) and spend half the game with no room in my inventory on my next characters or send two of them a little money and some crafted items to get them started. Seeing as how I've only seen one legacy item drop(so I have two with free one you get) I didn't have any real choice if I wanted to enjoy the game this time around. *Waves bye to 420K* 70 to each and the rest went to trying to craft. Well I guess that is a legacy of sorts. Playing a level 50 off and on for a few weeks so you can send the money and crafted items to family. It is so lifelike it is almost creepy. Freaking mooching relatives. :p

Moral of the story? Don't be a casual player in SWtOR and craft then expect to get much of anywhere for a while. The only bright side was I got my armor almost as good as the PvP gear though dailies could finally dump it for my Orange gear.

And unlocked the ability to be unable to buy something for 2 million. Its awesome. My families legacy is about being crafters that are broke and I get to feel it at every level. I can't wait till they unlock more things I can't purchase.

Edit: I guess I should give them props for making the game life like at least.

Nice! I just made Legacy level 34, and bought a full suit of Legacy gear, bought all the unarmed abilities, and several more things.

At 300k a day just for solo dailies, it's easy peasy to make money in this game. :)

Also, as a crafter, sell mats. MUCHO dinero in that.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

As i was adviced to post it here...

I have the suggestion. I am leveling 3rd char, and have all legacy level for every upgrade it required, still legacy is still growing. However, my money is very limited, so I cannot buy the legacy upgrades I want to...

Why just don't make some discount for legacy upgrades ('y') for each legacy level you equire? Like 1 % of dicount for every level of Legacy above, let's say, 10th (or even withount such limitations)...

That would make leveling legacy less meaningless and also that would reward playing many chars, what do you think? BTW it is very simple correction with almost no affort to do....

• 2 weeks later...
Still need something. With the new legacy stuff that is purchase per character it is just getting more and more insane. How the implement Legacy isn't the same as what they tell us it is for. Tire of being told one thing for them to purposely do another.