Battle for the Bridge: Hoth World PvP Event (Hosted by <Esoteric Order).

SawneyRath

Alright, well I was unable to locate a good spot today due to some technical difficulties. Rest Assured the location will be updated before the 5th of November.

My apologies for any confusion. Please look back to the post for any updates! Thanks!

Not sure if any republic guilds would be interested and Im not sure how coordinated we are going to try to be but The Sky Wardens have a dedicated 100 slot TeamSpeak server that I am willing to take the password off tonight so everyone can stay organized throughout the event. I know at the last event we had people on so many different servers that it was difficult to keep everyone in the loop on whats going on. I will be online as Kordeed well in advance so if any guild would like to join us let me know and I will get the info out.

Last time we had all the guild leaders in one TS as a command chat and the rest of the guilds in their own to avoid chatter. Worked brilliantly, at least for all the guilds who were involved in the almost month long planning stages before the event with us (RoH, KoS, Retro, Seelund, CE, 13th and Acoy at least were involved in that, maybe more).

I don't think we have time to set something like that up this time. It'll be a lot smaller, all in one place and simpler objectives so don't I think it'll be as needed either.

I was just throwing it out there as an idea. If its going to be a small event and all in one spot then great. I was just putting this out there "in case". I was in 13th when that event happened and I know I personally sat around on alderan waiting for someone to tell me what was going on as was the case with many in my ops group. There was just not enough actual communication between the guilds on what was happening. Come to find out everyone just up and moved to belsavis to take part in that side because there were actually people there. I felt bad for our VIPs cuz they literally did nothing.

Might have been a communication problem between your guild leader and the guild.

We got word from Alrek that all of 13th was moving to Belsavis to help fight and Acoy was to take over defense for both VIPs on Alderaan for the rest of the event after both the Imp VIPs had been killed. The decision was made after our scouts had scoured the planet and barely found any imps about after both kills were made. From what I could tell, your moving to Belsavis was part of an agreed on plan in command chat.

Anyway this is getting way off topic. I'm very excited for some world PvP tonight!

I would suggest given the limited time we simply create a channel to coordinate in. If Republic leaders drop me a message in game i'll give them the channel. We should be able to easily coordinate this way. As stated above the objectives are fairly straightforward.

First Thoughts:

Maybe we should try Illum next time see if server performance improves?

I mean I have shadows turned off in TOR and can go in huge 3 side zergs in GW2 with no lag on full graphics but there were times in last night where the server was obviously having issues keeping up.

Also since Illum PVP zone is pretty much deserted it would allow us to have some events there.

Overall:

Pretty fun, shout outs to Kazra 'healing panties' for keeping my arse alive while going in and out of their lines.

Thanks for all the positive feedback! I'm glad you all enjoyed the event.

Look out for more of these events in the future! <EO> may be planning to do this (at various locations with varying objectives) on a monthly basis! So stay tuned to find out when the next battle will be!