Introducing TORBattles.net

leijae

Great job Leijae. I love the site, and have uploaded a lot of my stats. With that I have some comments/questions.

1. I noticed 3 categories showing up under the Leaderboards, but not under My Profile: Most Overall Players Killed, Most Overall MVP Votes, Most Overall Medals Earned.
  2. Some titles aren't consistent throughout (i.e. different names on the Home and My Profile pages). Examples include Damage Per Second vs. DPS, Overall Highest Damage vs. Damage, Most Overall Players Killed vs. Total Players Killed)
  3. In general I would suggest to stick to a consistent naming convention. (E.g. always using Total rather than some Total and some Most Overall)
  4. When uploading an image that contains multiple stats (E.g. Total Kills and Total MVPs), it states the image already exists and to retry the upload, even though it is accepting the image. (Not sure if this one can be addressed depending on how you coded it)
  5. Do you plan on having a separate Forums for the site, or will it always link back to here?
  6. Am I an idiot for not figuring out how to upload a different Avatar pic? How do you? Can you?
  7. On the My Profile page, the stats seem to be listed in the order you uploaded them? Could you give them a specific order, and maybe group them under headings? (E.g. Damage, Healing, Objectives)

That's it for now, but I am really looking forward to watching the site improve and expand as the word gets out. Again, great job.

First off, thank you. Secondly, I really like when people have questions and put them in a numbered format because I can address them more easily.

1. I recently added these records. They should show up in your "My Profile" by the end of today or tomorrow. I just needed to make some final adjustments.

2. This was due to a lack of planning on my part. I felt rushed to complete the leaderboards, so I missed some tiny details like that. Over the course of the next week I'll clean it up.

3. I'll group this with #2

4. I didn't create an automatic renaming script, yet. I feel like there are other issues on the site that need my attention. But I recently recruited another php developer, so I'll put it on his "to do" list. Currently a safety issue.

5. Yes, I do plan on having forums. The forums are a "ground up" project. They'll be time consuming. I haven't started them yet due to some IRL things, and also because I'm currently working on the Rated PvP Team Ladder/Rankings.

6. Coming Soon...ish

7. Also coming soonish, but not high on the priority list.

Hope this will suffice and answers your questions!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUG:

After adding a sixth record I now get this error when I go to view my profile: A error occured: Query was empty

It shows the previous five records I added but not the sixth. If I go to the Leadersboards I can find the sixth listed (Most Overall MVP Votes). I also no longer have the option to add anymore records.

Profile name is Ulliam.

PS Love the site, you did a great job on the design!

BUG:

After adding a sixth record I now get this error when I go to view my profile: A error occured: Query was empty

It shows the previous five records I added but not the sixth. If I go to the Leadersboards I can find the sixth listed (Most Overall MVP Votes). I also no longer have the option to add anymore records.

Profile name is Ulliam.

PS Love the site, you did a great job on the design!

Thanks for the bug report!

Ok, the reason you can't upload anymore is because the page quits rendering any code after the spot where the error was found. I should have it fixed for you within a couple of hours.

*EDIT - FIXED: Error rendering page during query of Most Overall MVP Votes

Edited by leijae

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys and gals! I've been hard at work getting TORBattles.net ready for 2.4 and I'm just about done!

I'm going to try something new, either once every 2 weeks or once a month, I'm going to create a top 10 PvP plays. All you have to do is sign-up at TORBattles.net and upload your "less than one minute" clip and leave an explanation of your clip.

You must be logged into Torbattles.net

http://www.torbattles.net/test/ then click "SWTOR TOP 10 SUBMISSION"