Sith Assassin Feedback

EricMusco

I have not played on the PTS yet, but looking at the changes so far, things seem very underwhelming, especially when compared with what other classes are getting. Assassin DPS has been woefully overlooked for a LONG time now and needs some pretty drastic changes to bring it back in line with other classes. The amount of tools at an assassin's disposal compared to other classes is just sad:

- Lack of Defensives - Assassins have 2 defensives. That's it. And no full health restores like Juggs/Mercs. Most other DPS classes have AT LEAST 3 good defensives.

- Lack of gap closers - Yes, we have force speed, but that's it. I don't Phantom Stride because that's part of Deceptions rotation and is never used optimally as a closer.

- Lack of AOE - Currently we have the weakest AOE ability in the game, and we only have one. I see you added a new conal, but it looks pretty ****... worse than operatives conal. We need a stronger AOE with a cooldown.

- Constantly being knocked around/stunned/slowed/rooted. Dealing with all this crap as a MELEE DPS with limited break options. Assassins seem to be made to be constantly kited, but never allowed to attack (not that our DPS is that good even when we can).

Some Suggestions to improve Assassins lives (particularly in PVP):

- Add one new GOOD defensive, similar to the one Mercs got last expansion. This could be mainly for DPS, since Tanks DO already get an extra one. Assassins have the lowest survivability right now in PVP.

- Add new ability that is similar to the one Vaylin has in the SM chapters: Any DPS coming in from outside Melee range would be reflected. This ability should last about as long as the Sniper "hunker down" ability, with a similar cooldown as well. This would FORCE ranged to come to melee, or perish.

- Add a new AOE ability that does a larger amount of damage but has a cooldown similar to other classes "heavy hitting AOE" abilities. Also, buff our spin attack to be more in-line with other spammable AOEs.

- Take the "full Discharge" ability off of Phantom Stride, and have Recklessness give you 2 procs, and reduce Recklessness cooldown slightly to compensate. Now people can use Phantom Stride as a gap closer.

- Give us back Phase Walk already. First you gave it to Sorcs, and now Snipers. Stop trolling us and GIVE. IT. BACK!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Give us back Phase Walk already. First you gave it to Sorcs, and now Snipers. Stop trolling us and GIVE. IT. BACK!

Agreed, ranged classes are already mobile enough. Its bad enough it was an ability given to another class, then it was removed and now another class get its but we don't? It's a load of Bantha Poodoo.

Quote: Originally Posted by theJudeAbides

Give us back Phase Walk already. First you gave it to Sorcs, and now Snipers. Stop trolling us and GIVE. IT. BACK!"

Agreed, ranged classes are already mobile enough. Its bad enough it was an ability given to another class, then it was removed and now another class get its but we don't? It's a load of Bantha Poodoo.

Phantom Stride. It's the Assassin's form of Leap/Rush. We don't need Phase Walk. Assassins don't lack mobility with a utility that increases speed in combat when an ability is used, and force speed. And now there's a tactical that gives TWO of those.

Edited by HKtheindomitable

Phantom Stride. It's the Assassin's form of Leap/Rush. We don't need Phase Walk. Assassins don't lack mobility with a utility that increases speed in combat when an ability is used, and force speed. And now there's a tactical that gives TWO of those.

Phantom Stride is bugged, its one of the glitchiest abilities in the game. Whenever I use it in a warzone I sometimes Phantom Stride to the enemy only to fall down, nevermind when I get stuck halfway through the path because there was a slight bump in the road. So no, Phantom Stride does not make up for it.

Phantom Stride is bugged, its one of the glitchiest abilities in the game. Whenever I use it in a warzone I sometimes Phantom Stride to the enemy only to fall down, nevermind when I get stuck halfway through the path because there was a slight bump in the road. So no, Phantom Stride does not make up for it.

Eliminating it due to a couple bugs isn't the solution. Phasewalk doesn't do what PS does. It just moves you around, but it doesn't close the gap between you and the target. Assassin is Melee and needs PS. Force Speed doesn't cut it. I've never experienced the first glitch you mentioned, ever. So it'd seem it's an ability being used on you to knock you down (eg: a grenade). The other I have, but rarely. Heck, even the Vanguard's Charge ability bugs out and fails to execute at all and go on CD.

Since people are complaining about severing slash so much for assassins. Another possible ability selection for the class could be force camo (similar to mauraders ability). This would further the classes identity as a stealth class.

Maybe give us the option to choose our new ability as well. If you can provide us with three choices and we select one out of the three.

Eliminating it due to a couple bugs isn't the solution. Phasewalk doesn't do what PS does. It just moves you around, but it doesn't close the gap between you and the target. Assassin is Melee and needs PS. Force Speed doesn't cut it. I've never experienced the first glitch you mentioned, ever. So it'd seem it's an ability being used on you to knock you down (eg: a grenade). The other I have, but rarely. Heck, even the Vanguard's Charge ability bugs out and fails to execute at all and go on CD.

I'm actually not suggesting eliminating the ability at all, Phantom Stride should've been a thing years before it was added. What I'd like to see as far as Phantom Stride goes is a fix for it. Every other charge ability works just fine for me, but Phantom Stride is the only I've had this problem with. Maybe making it similar to the other abilities where you teleport/jump to the target and hit them for like 400 damage or something just to make sure the player actually gets to their target and doesn't fall off a ledge or got stuck mid-way. The glitch I've mentioned usually happens when someone is on a catwalk and I use phantom stride but instead of getting to my target I get near the edge of said walk only to fall down, and when I say near the edge I really mean it. Just one centimeter more and I'd hit solid ground but I don't I just float there like a loney toon's cartoon character before falling down.

If severing slash completly immobilizes the targets instead of slowing them, it may be a more useful ability.

How are you gonna use that in pve? Where is it goes in your rotation? On pvp sins doesn't need more stuns, slows, kites, they need actually do damage. Useless ability. I really like answer from the combat team Éric, why don't they write on the forums and explain things?

How are you gonna use that in pve? Where is it goes in your rotation? On pvp sins doesn't need more stuns, slows, kites, they need actually do damage. Useless ability. I really like answer from the combat team Éric, why don't they write on the forums and explain things?

What do you think is a good ability then?

What do you think is a good ability then?

Déception doesn't need an new ability. Rotation is smooth except for the phantom stride gcd, and if you wanna add something which you can since new expension,add an ability that you can use in your rotation not an pvp ability which you may or you may not use. Without old set bonuses, new useless set bonuses, maybe 1-2 good tacticals, and new useless ability, this is a hard nerf for the sins. I mean like real hard nerf.

Edited by lord-angelus

This.

Also, Force Speed is a DCD and a gap closer only if you don't need it as defense.

Terrible set bonuses, the new skill Severing Slash is completely useless (no, 25% dmg increase is not the point), tacticals even worse.

After maining sin for years I thought I was upset with your nonsensical damage nerfs and random GCD on Phantom Stride, but honestly you beat yourself this time, showing how few you care and, even worse, know about this class.

In case you are wondering: sin is lacking a solid DCD, a bit of reliable damage increase and be less % dependent.

It's a class that relies on strategically controlling the enemies with CCs and dispatch them with high burst damage.

PS. Take away Severing Slash and give us a DCD (Assassin will be the only class that can not reliably avoid to get globalled in 1 GCD if he doesn't have breaker, since Sniper's "upgrade").

Small example of why I strongly believe we're not on the same page:

In the last patches you lowered our Discharge dmg, making Maul our new biggest hitter (a position-depending skill that doesn't even reach the dmg of the other classes autocrit if you get a slight desync). Now, with the old set gone in 6.0, you took away the autocrit and the 15s CD reduction on Recklessness. Paired with Phantom Stride GCD, if you ever played Deception for more than 10 levels on Korriban, you would have immediately understand that all these changes mean the death of a quick burst.

I want to ask you this: how do you want us to play Deception (if you want it AT ALL, at this point)? As a squishy, random surge-dependent damage dealer that lost its burst in favor of some 800 DMG OVER 6 SECONDS DOT ON BALL LIGHTNING?

What is there to be "tested"?

I honestly don't know. I would like just one dev to answer me. One.

One that can explain to me the vision he had in his dreams that told him that stuff like "Killing a target affected by Whirlwind before its CD ends resets the CD of Whirlwind" was a cool idea.

I'm trying to run this scenario in my head over and over where I Whirlwind a guy NOT to take him out of the fight while I deal with someone else, BUT to frigging kill him and I always end up laughing.

The only situation when you use Whirlwind aggressively is in 1v1, but then why would you care about having it reset if you already defeated your opponent?!

Stuff like this, and I could make many more examples, simply make me sad. I can understand if you aren't able to play at high levels, but I can't forgive your lack of knowledge and understanding of this game. YOUR game.

Do I sound like an a*****e? I'm sorry, I really am. But I am paying for this. I love the game and I would like to see the same kind of interest in the people who work on the classes.

I'm not talking about other aspects of the game like story, lore, maps, ops mechanics, etc that I really (especially lately) appreciate.

This side of the game has being going south for far too long not lose it when you see something like this.

Thank you for reading.

Edited by TheDramaKing

Terrible set bonuses, completely useless new skill (Severing Slash), tacticals even worse.

After maining sin for years I thought I was upset with your nonsensical damage nerfs and random GCD on Phantom Stride, but honestly you beat yourself this time, finally showing how few you care, and even worse, know this class.

In case you are wondering: sin is lacking a solid DCD, a bit of reliable damage increase and be less % dependent.

It's a class that relies on strategically controlling the enemies with CCs and dispatch them with high burst damage.

PS. Take away Severing Slash and give us a DCD (Assassin will be the only class that can get globalled in 1 GCD if he doesn't have breaker, since Sniper's "upgrade").

Small example of why I strongly believe you have no clue of what you're doing:

In the last patches you lowered our Discharge dmg, making Maul our new biggest hitter (a position-depending skill that doesn't even reach the dmg of the other classes autocrit if you get a slight desync). Now with the old set gone in 6.0, you took away the autocrit and the 15s CD reduction on Recklessness. If you ever played Deception for more than 10 levels on Korriban, you would have immediately understood that this change means the death of a quick burst.

Now I ask you: how do you want us to play Deception (if you want AT ALL, at this point)? As a squishy, random surge-dependent damage dealer that lost his burst in favor of some 800 DMG DOT ON BALL LIGHTNING?

One that can explain me the vision he had in his dreams that told him that stuff like "Killing a target affected by Whirlwind before its CD ends resets the CD of Whirlwind" was a cool idea.

I'm trying to run this scenario in my head over and over where I Whirlwind a guy NOT to take him out of the fight while I deal with someone else, BUT to frigging kill him and I always end up laughing.

The only situation when you use Whirlwind aggressively is in 1v1, but then why would I care of having it reset?

Stuff like this, and I could make many more examples, simply make me sad. I can understand if you aren't able to play the game at high levels, but I can't forgive your lack of knowledge and understanding of this game.

Listen to this guy. And how is %25 on new ability will help! Like seriously how is it helping with anything come on! Like seriously no one in bioware is playing this class or what!?

Edited by lord-angelus

Terrible set bonuses, the new skill Severing Slash is completely useless (no, 25% dmg increase is not the point), tacticals even worse.

After maining sin for years I thought I was upset with your nonsensical damage nerfs and random GCD on Phantom Stride, but honestly you beat yourself this time, showing how few you care and, even worse, know about this class.

PS. Take away Severing Slash and give us a DCD (Assassin will be the only class that can not reliably avoid to get globalled in 1 GCD if he doesn't have breaker, since Sniper's "upgrade").

In the last patches you lowered our Discharge dmg, making Maul our new biggest hitter (a position-depending skill that doesn't even reach the dmg of the other classes autocrit if you get a slight desync). Now, with the old set gone in 6.0, you took away the autocrit and the 15s CD reduction on Recklessness. Paired with Phantom Stride GCD, if you ever played Deception for more than 10 levels on Korriban, you would have immediately understand that all these changes mean the death of a quick burst.

I want to ask you this: how do you want us to play Deception (if you want it AT ALL, at this point)? As a squishy, random surge-dependent damage dealer that lost its burst in favor of some 800 DMG OVER 6 SECONDS DOT ON BALL LIGHTNING?

One that can explain to me the vision he had in his dreams that told him that stuff like "Killing a target affected by Whirlwind before its CD ends resets the CD of Whirlwind" was a cool idea.

The only situation when you use Whirlwind aggressively is in 1v1, but then why would you care about having it reset if you already defeated your opponent?!

Stuff like this, and I could make many more examples, simply make me sad. I can understand if you aren't able to play at high levels, but I can't forgive your lack of knowledge and understanding of this game. YOUR game.

Do I sound like an a*****e? I'm sorry, I really am. But I am paying for this. I love the game and I would like to see the same kind of interest in the people who work on the classes.

I'm not talking about other aspects of the game like story, lore, maps, ops mechanics, etc that I really (especially lately) appreciate.

This side of the game has being going south for far too long not lose it when you see something like this.

Thank you for reading.

as a fellow pvp assassin main for many years i agree with you new set bonusses seems totally useless, the only set bonus i liked is the 6 second stun one and even then its so situational like u can only use it as follow up stun as it will give insta whitebar. As for tactical items only liked two charge on phantom stride(revert the gcd changes!!) and the reaping strike auto crit one. Dot on ball lightning i dont know what to say as damage is so low and i dont like the idea of dot on burst and high control spec as it can ruin your own ccs,The aoe on discharge tactical item i would never pick because i play deception as control rather than pressure/aoe style so i would suggest give it something like tank aoes cant break mezzes status so the aoe cant break it own mezzes New ability is like lacerate+force slow merged in one ability, i would have liked it if it was root or something but as %50slow i dont think its that useful. i dont see any defensive tactical item that dps assassins are really desperate for. You shouldve atleast give some option for us to choose either be more agressive or defensive. as so far i can see tactical items more like on the agressive side of the things. And last

Killing a target affected by Whirlwind before its CD ends resets the CD of Whirlwind

BUT WHY?

Is it intended that the 4-piece bonus of Gathering Storm works for Assassins? Even if the other set boni are uninteresting for non-Sorcerers, the 10-second CD on Force Speed from that bonus combined with Force Shroud on allies will make Assa tanks even more meta than they were during 5.0.

To start off with, the set bonus' for deception sins are useless. Using phantom stride in stealth to get a crit ultimately makes spike useless. As if you want a crit, there are plenty of other abilities which do more damage than spike to actually get a decent crit off. As for the new ability, it is absolutely pointless. It does less damage than lacerate which also does damage all around you, rather than in a cone and you can spec into slow on it if you want to. You also do more damage and have a higher time on slow with force slow, so I really don't understand the point of this ability. It felt like the berserker set bonus helped a lot with the damage of deception while trading off being a glass cannon but it's been nerfed to the ground. I think that the best tactical item is 100% the reaping strike one as it gives a good amount of crits every 12 or so secs. I think this is a good change but a lot of the set bonus' and other tactical items seem pretty useless for deception, If there was a change I was going to make, it would be to make severing slash a better ability overall (for example; like the operative root which doesn't allow you to turn around.) It just has no real usefulness in it's current form unless it's to proc something else (only if you are using that tact item) I also didn't see myself using severing slash at all as deception on the pts, seeing no dps increase when using it, in fact all I see is a decrease. Please rework severing slash and the set bonuses tailored towards deception. Edited by mickym

One tactical that i found really useless as it is now is the 2 PS one.

Except at the opener it's a non sense to have it since he works like getting one charge every 30sec, but during the fight you will automatically use it every 30sec so you will never get the 2 stacks of PS.

Moreover at the opener it doesn't work like intended ( must become from PTS and have some bug still ) cause one you use it you consume your 2 stacks of PS.

If this Tactical should've benn like gaining instantly 2 stacks of PS every 30sec it should be more usefull but if it stay like this there is no way this tactical could be viable in Nim ops

This is from a pvp perspective playing Hatred:

Set Bonuses:

Pretty meh. Nothing has stood out to be really impactful

Tactical:

Nothing improves the cleave/dotspread playstyle of hatred.

The CD reset with + crit/cost on leaching strike can give you clutch self healing bonus and kinda burst, but that isn't the point of hatred. The force cost pretty much wrecks your force management as well

Spreading slow on death field is pointless. if death field APPLIED force slow all on its own, maybe it could be dope

Chance for creeping terror to tick on melee either needs to be increase or apply to discharge as well. probably both honestly

Start focusing on what this spec is about: cleave/dotspread

Thank you for reading.

I am disappointed with the changes. The new ability is useless for both classes. In summary this is the next nerf of deception sin, because old bonuses play an important role in rotation. And new bonuses and items can not compensate for them.